Micah Parson Penn State hazing scandal

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Remember when this came out but didn't pay much attention to it at the time. Of course, things have changed a bit as many outlets and/or fans are mocking him to the Cowboys at 10. It's the incident that's compromising his character and we'll certainly hear more about it in the coming weeks. After reading it, I can't decide if there are real character issues to be concerned with or boys will be boys' thing. Either way, I guess the question is how much if any impact it should/will have on his draft.

https://fox56.com/news/local/former-psu-football-player-gives-details-on-alleged-hazing-by-teammates

Former PSU football player gives details on alleged hazing by teammates
by John Beauge | Special to PennLive

Tuesday, October 20th 2020
sounds like another 2nd round pick by cowboys, since jerry jones likes to gamble in the 2nd with players and questionable character or injury history

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Sounds like what started as a playful incident by Parson ( throwing the water ) went bad real quick when Humphraises didn't bite. Instead got pizzed of and pulled a knife. That changed everything......now you have a crime.
Bingo. It probably wouldn’t have went as far as it did if he didn’t pull the knife on parsons

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It was an isolated incident..THO very dang bad. I do wonder if this was isolated or is this who he is off the field? Not so sure the production will equal the risk at 10.Love the potential though.SPEAKING OF PARSONS.

Bingo! Pretty much my thinking....bottom line, are we dealing with a kid with serious character issues or immaturity. Either way, I'm probably not taking him at 10 w/o being 100% sure it was an exception.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Stop man. No you wouldnt lol. You dont draw a knife on someone for throwing water at you. I fell asleep at a friends house as a kid and got a water balloon tossed at me. I didnt go Michael Myers on him and chase him with a chefs knife lol
My wife poured ice cold water on me and I dang sure didn't grab a knife and feel like I was assaulted. Mad is one thing, grabbing a knife is crazy

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He won't be a good fit here, and definitely not at pick 10. I just don't think we have the discipline for Parsons. Players come to the Cowboys to get fat and lazy. And unless you're a self-starter, Parsons won't reach his full potential here and will succumb to the environment (see Zeke Elliott).

Go for the OT (Sewell or Slater, whichever is there, if they are at all).
We're keeping Dak. Might as well sure up his left side. Can't rely on Tyron Smith.
Yes, we need defense. But is Parson or anyone available at No. 10 going to be a game changer?
No.

Go with the best player available and one who fulfills a critical need. And that is OT.
I do have my doubts about Dak's "eliteness," but I also feel if you get him enough pieces, he can do the job. He does have leadership skills and some "clutchness" about him if only against "lesser" teams.

Besides, Jerry loves offense. And there's going to be no changing that so might as well go with the flow.

No, on Parsons.
Yes, on Slater or Sewell if available.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He won't be a good fit here, and definitely not at pick 10. I just don't think we have the discipline for Parsons. Players come to the Cowboys to get fat and lazy. And unless you're a self-starter, Parsons won't reach his full potential here and will succumb to the environment (see Zeke Elliott).

We're keeping Dak. Might as well sure up his left side. Can't rely on Tyron Smith.
Yes, we need defense. But is Parson or anyone available at No. 10 going to be a game changer?
No.

Go with the best player available and one who fulfills a critical need. And that is OT.
I do have my doubts about Dak's "eliteness," but I also feel if you get him enough pieces, he can do the job. He does have leadership skills and some "clutchness" about him if only against "lesser" teams.

Besides, Jerry loves offense. And there's going to be no changing that so might as well go with the flow.

No, on Parsons.
exactly. He will come here and get his Jerry Bucks and pats on the back. NOT GOOD.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
exactly. He will come here and get his Jerry Bucks and pats on the back. NOT GOOD.
What do you think of Zaven Collins ? There’s a few good linebackers we could draft in round 2. I don’t think Collins lasts to round two but we go sewell or slater. Could get a solid linebacker round 2. And we could have supposedly 2 3’s and 2 4’s

stilltheguru

Reaction score

No.

No, on Parsons.
Goes back to my vetting comment. We suck at it.

rags747

Reaction score
Parsons just needs a Charles Haley type to itch slap him real quick. Parsons seems like a real pos, 2 year old kid, I guess he’s married or does he just make bad decisions all the time.