Micah Parson Penn State hazing scandal

Rayman70

Reaction score
KJ BRITT and a slew of other Lb's are better than him and fit our needs.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is a nothing burger - BUT keep the flames going. Let him drop to the 2nd - then go:

1. Farley
2. Parsons
3. Grant
4. Shelvin

Ok...I know that's just a dream - but I'm gonna keep dreaming it!! :D
I would draft him there, yep. The price and risk is right at 2

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I believe that was before. Hopefully he’s grown up as he finished his degree and declared to take care of his two year old son. If they doesn’t make you mature ... nothing will.
If they are many people saying the same thing about the player, no thanks!

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Intriguing prospect.

Kills two birds with one stone. If jaylon and LVE flop again or get hurt he'll be right there and we can either cut Jaylon after the year or decline LVE 5th year option. OR, his drafting will make those two losers go back to 2018 level. Either way its a win.

Rayman70

Reaction score
True but Humphries admits he drew a knife after the Parson poured water on him.
I think I might too...If someone woke me from a dead sleep...I mean come on...lol. The guy thought he was being assaulted, and really he was.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think I might too...If someone woke me from a dead sleep...I mean come on...lol. The guy thought he was being assaulted, and really he was.
Stop man. No you wouldnt lol. You dont draw a knife on someone for throwing water at you. I fell asleep at a friends house as a kid and got a water balloon tossed at me. I didnt go Michael Myers on him and chase him with a chefs knife lol

Bizwah

Reaction score
Again, I'm wondering how many read the whole story. This isn't just about a knife, water, and a punch.

There was a sexual element involved. What happened is nothing more than sexual assault. I urge some of you to go back and read the whole story. He's accused of more than punching a kid.

Rayman70

Reaction score
C'mon Ray (lol)......so if a friend playfully dashes you with water while sleeping, you're drawing a knife?????
depends in what the context was. Maybe there was a history of things like this...ie distasteful hazing by Parsons leading up to this. My gut tells me that is what led up to him reacting like that. He finally snapped.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
depends in what the context was. Maybe there was a history of things like this...ie distasteful hazing by Parsons leading up to this. My gut tells me that is what led up to him reacting like that. He finally snapped.

Fair enough.......I can see that

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
True but Humphries admits he drew a knife after the Parson poured water on him.
lol gotta love people who call out other people for reading than totally mislead everyone with their take.

Parsons poured water on him to wake him up: possibly warranted.
Kid threw gatorade back.
Parsons punched him in the face. --assault.
Kid grabbed a knife but didn't stab or injure anyone --self-defense from being punched in t\he face.

Coaches then scolded him for grabbing a knife and the kid was ostracized bully style for months afterward.

Parsons has too many red flags for me.
Some of them positional, some in how he played in that scheme and then this maturity stuff of which this is apparently just one example.

After all that tough guy bullying he spent the year at his house taking distance courses and not playing football....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Remember when this came out but didn't pay much attention to it at the time. Of course, things have changed a bit as many outlets and/or fans are mocking him to the Cowboys at 10. It's the incident that's compromising his character and we'll certainly hear more about it in the coming weeks. After reading it, I can't decide if there are real character issues to be concerned with or boys will be boys' thing. Either way, I guess the question is how much if any impact it should/will have on his draft.

https://fox56.com/news/local/former-psu-football-player-gives-details-on-alleged-hazing-by-teammates

Former PSU football player gives details on alleged hazing by teammates
by John Beauge | Special to PennLive

Tuesday, October 20th 2020

Sounds like we've found our second round pick!