Twitter: Micah Parsons and Junior Seau-Only 2 players in history of the NFL to accomplish this

Hordak

Reaction score
I think Jimmy could have drafted Seau if he had not taken Walsh in Supplemental draft.

Norton and Seau would have been ridiculous.
I've always wondered what we would have done. Drafting Junior Seau or Cortez Kennedy would have made the early 90s an even better time to be a Cowboys fan. (I remember speculation at the time that we loved Keith McCants. No big loss, if that's true.) No one ever seems to consider, though, that not having that pick could have been a blessing in disguise. We had a glaring hole at running back and Blair Thomas was right there. If we had taken him, we certainly wouldn't have also traded up for Emmitt.

Besides, the Steve Walsh trade brought us Erik Williams so we still ended up with an awesome talent from that pick.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I've always wondered what we would have done. Drafting Junior Seau or Cortez Kennedy would have made the early 90s an even better time to be a Cowboys fan. (I remember speculation at the time that we loved Keith McCants. No big loss, if that's true.) No one ever seems to consider, though, that not having that pick could have been a blessing in disguise. We had a glaring hole at running back and Blair Thomas was right there. If we had taken him, we certainly wouldn't have also traded up for Emmitt.

Besides, the Steve Walsh trade brought us Erik Williams so we still ended up with an awesome talent from that pick.

Williams would have been a HoFamer if not for his accident.

I personally think if we had not drafted Walsh, we would have selected Cortez Kennedy. I know Jimmy coveted a linebacker in the worst way, but he knew Kennedy from his days and intel of players at the University of Miami.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I think Jimmy could have drafted Seau if he had not taken Walsh in Supplemental draft.

Norton and Seau would have been ridiculous.

It would have either been Junior or Cortez Kennedy.

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
It would have either been Junior or Cortez Kennedy.

I agree.

But Jimmy was hell bent on a LB in the Emmitt draft, so gave slight edge to Seau.

But Tez was also well known to Jimmy.

Either would have made the Cowboys even MORE dominant.

Get chills just thinking about it.

Oh, and Jimmy was recruiting Deion during All Star game in Hawaii the offseason that Jerry ran him off.

Jerry didnt get into the Primetime sweepstakes like Jimmy wanted because he felt the roster was already unstoppable.

That is the difference with Jerry and Jimmy.

Jimmy is constantly trying to improve, widen the edge, even on a "perfect" 2 time championship roster.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
IIRC

Drafting DeMarcus Ware over Junior Seau was one of the better decisions ever made.
Junior Seau was in the 1990 Emmitt Smith draft. Jimmy Johnson could not trade up to get Seau and Francis his targets. Remember they used the no.1 overall pick in the 1990 for Steve Walsh. But Emmitt Smith was for the Cowboys was an even better pick than Seau and Francis.

You must mean Shawn "lights out" Merriman in the 2005 draft. Only off by 5 years, and 3 head coaches.

Reactions: BAT

ItzKelz

Reaction score

4f21f66f-ed8a-4074-8f65-0785527b28b5_text.gif

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
They studied his brain dude, he had chronic traumatic encephalopathy from head injuries. Depression is a symptom of that.
Aikman and tons of other QBs with zero steroid use all fine 20 years later. Pro wrestlers most with zero concussions but long term steroid use suicidal. Why?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Aikman and tons of other QBs with zero steroid use all fine 20 years later. Pro wrestlers most with zero concussions but long term steroid use suicidal. Why?
Now you're moving the goalposts and changing the argument. It is well documented that in Seau's case it was from concussion.
I have no desire to go back and forth with speculations. You have no idea that wrestles had zero concussions.

It's well documented the studies they performed on him specifically.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I agree.

But Jimmy was hell bent on a LB in the Emmitt draft, so gave slight edge to Seau.

But Tez was also well known to Jimmy.

Either would have made the Cowboys even MORE dominant.

Get chills just thinking about it.

Oh, and Jimmy was recruiting Deion during All Star game in Hawaii the offseason that Jerry ran him off.

Jerry didnt get into the Primetime sweepstakes like Jimmy wanted because he felt the roster was already unstoppable.

That is the difference with Jerry and Jimmy.

Jimmy is constantly trying to improve, widen the edge, even on a "perfect" 2 time championship roster.

Yeah, Tez played for Jimmy at Miami. And I remember Deion being recruited very well. Reggie White wanted to be a Cowboy as well.

phildadon86

Reaction score
They studied the guys brain. What are you even talking about? Seau had CTE. Period. Its a fact. Until they start doing the testing on wrestlers we wont know if its the roids or concussions. Seeing some of the moves they make in wrestling concussions are probably a big factor. Its just never been studied to the extent of CTE.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
They studied the guys brain. What are you even talking about? Seau had CTE. Period. Its a fact. Until they start doing the testing on wrestlers we wont know if its the roids or concussions. Seeing some of the moves they make in wrestling concussions are probably a big factor. Its just never been studied to the extent of CTE.
lol, ok