CFZ Micah Parsons' next challenge: Showing some leadership

Motorola

Reaction score
Micah is fine and he doesn't have to be the leader imho. How much can a player lead with this type of ownership coaching from the luxury suite.
Wasn't there an occurrence where Parsons was with Jones in his suite\ or were together in public last year ?

Motorola

Reaction score
Maybe if we could win a couple of playoff games it would suck him in.
A couple of playoff wins could solve a lot of problems with this team.
But - 'LOBO7' - Parsons' ability - PLUS the effect he has displayed early on in his NFL career - leads many CZers to believe HE should be front and center = leading the way to for this Cowboys team to "win a couple of playoff games".

LOBO7

Reaction score
But - 'LOBO7' - Parsons' ability - PLUS the effect he has displayed early on in his NFL career - leads many CZers to believe HE should be front and center = leading the way to for this Cowboys team to "win a couple of playoff games".

Winning solves everything. - Tiger Woods​

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How is my post "moving the goalposts"?
From OGsixshooter's comment...the CZ member thought the players determined who is MVP or becomes All-Pro.
I just was pointing out that's not the case.
Since the NFL came into existence over a century ago (1920) it has always been news organizations, i.e. sportwriters, that voted on players being honored as "All-Pro".
The league MVP honor didn’t start until nearly two decades later (1938) - but it also is awarded on the results of sportwriters selected from around the country that followed the NFL.
Why would state the awards are "meaningless"?
The vast majority of the individuals are employed \ contracted to report single team year-round - plus keep up with the other 31 franchises as they go through playing each season.
I was just responding to your post to me:

All of the major NFL individual player awards for performance on the field - are voted on \ selected by press organizations, that employ reporters and writers who follow the league intensely as the season goes along.
Players in the league have no input or say which of their peers get honored.

So maybe I missunderstood that you weren’t poo pooing on the awards. If so, please accept my apologies.

GMO415

Reaction score
It would be hard to disagree that Micah Parsons is the most talented player on this Cowboys team. He certainly is the most talented player on the defense. His physical skills are undeniable and at the top of the league. His pass rushing skills wreak havoc on offensive lines. Offensive coordinators undoubtedly have to account for MP first in the development of every game plan. Having a player of this level of talent is something to believe in.

But it is also a common belief in sports that you should be able to count on your best, most talented player to not only play well, but to also show some leadership. If not verbally, at least by example. Because despite Micah Parsons‘ enormous talent, he has yet to show a level of leadership in accordance with his talent.

Leadership does not have to be verbally eloquent. Parsons doesn’t have to be a rah-rah guy in the locker room. In fact, the best sports leaders first and foremost lead by example on and off the field. The best leaders on the team should be the best in practice, leaders by example in the weight room, and be someone who makes the team bigger than a bunch of individuals. I haven’t seen those qualities yet from Parsons. But he’s only 24. He has time.

So how could Micah Parsons step up into a bigger role as a leader on this team now?
  • Be the example of a strong work ethic. First in the weight room. Hardest worker at practice. Hold teammates accountable to do the same.
  • Stop making ANY excuses after losses or complaining about things that are “unfair”.
  • Put the team before your personal brand. Temporarily suspend the podcast until you have accomplished something as a TEAM.
This list could be longer but you get the idea. Team leaders do not have to be eloquent public speakers or lead cheers in the locker room. But if your most talented player seems to be more concerned about podcasts and getting jerseys signed and a frequent excuse maker, it hurts the team.

Time for Micah Parsons to show some real leadership.
BULLET! Agreed but he could climb out of the bed and dominate. He is a freak athlete. At 25, he hasn't hit the maturity stage yet.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BULLET! Agreed but he could climb out of the bed and dominate. He is a freak athlete. At 25, he hasn't hit the maturity stage yet.
Yes, MP is a stud on any given day. Imagine what he could be with some maturity.

GMO415

Reaction score

Winning solves everything. - Tiger Woods​

A right cross solves more - Mrs. Woods
tiger-woods-first-wife-1402424.webp

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think all of the accolades he received last year as the next coming of LT has got to his head.

He disappears in the bigger games against greater opponents and is much like rest of our team. Over rated.

And will probably be a problem getting re-signed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm asking why does he have to learn how to be a leader? Is it because you want him to be!?
Bob makes some great points. Talents like Parsons can be great leaders. Some it comes natural, others have to adapt. I’m not sure Parson is interested. Maybe it doesn’t matter.

Brax

Reaction score
He’s only 25. Were all your decisions at 25 correct?
The problem is he’s been making poor decisions as far back as PS and probably HS. He’s immature and if he hasn’t figured it out by 25 he’s most likely not going to ever. Great player unfortunately a me first entitled type personality.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The problem is he’s been making poor decisions as far back as PS and probably HS. He’s immature and if he hasn’t figured it out by 25 he’s most likely not going to ever. Great player unfortunately a me first entitled type personality.
You don’t know if he’s “immature“ or not. That’s your opinion based on what little you know. And even if he is that doesn’t mean his agent is. His agent is from Dallas, TX. Undergrad at University of Texas at Austin, post grad degree from University of Nebraska Law School. 41 years old. All grown up and not about to be upstaged be Todd France in contract negotiations with the feeble minded likes of Jerry Jones. He has a career to be concerned about, too. He’s going to win and he’s going to win huge.