Micah Parsons on being stuck on 13 sacks

shabazz

Reaction score
He'll, I've known some ladies that have had more sacks in that same time span.

Cmac

Reaction score
I think he'll have three Sunday.
Sam Howell has been sacked a lot. Take away the quick reads, and he tends to get stifled a bit. I think Micah will get a sack barring WWE blocking tactics and I'm predicting at least one holding call..

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Not needed.

Mazi will be commanding constant double teams next year.
You do know not everyone is going to get this? :p

Guys on Fox Sports just brought up the very distinct possibility that Micah could be runner-up for the DPOY award for the 3rd consecutive year. I'm not checking to see if they're right, I'm just assuming that comment is correct, but damn, 3 years as a runner-up would be a bittersweet accomplishment. C'mon DQ! Watch some tape and put out guy in a better position (literally) to seal the deal on this thing.

Blue64

Reaction score
How about shutting up and focusing on football.
Yes he’s a great player and he may not get the penalties called but he would surely get more than 13 if he took himself out when he was not needed in the 4th quarter and stopped his complaints

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The coaches also tend to leave him in during blowouts. I know he doesn’t want to leave the game but they should sit him and let him rest. The NE game he got dinged up and they left him in almost the complete game even though it was over in the 3rd. I know he also wants to pad his stats but better to have a nice long career and be fresh late in the season.
padding the stats he should have gotten during the early part of the game not the blow out

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
For the third consecutive season Micah's performance in the first 12 games of the season compared to the last 5 is like day and night.

Perhaps Micah doesn't even realize it but he wears down through three fourths of the season and becomes rather average after Thanksgiving. The Cowboys cannot continue to put him in front of a pair of 300 pounders all game long. They need to take him off the line about half the time and use his other great physical assets at LB.
This^^^^^

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Agreed. Parcells spoke about the same thing with Ware. By playing OLB, you are not physically responsible to maintain gaps that require 1v1 with OT every play. The run plays take a toll on your body.

He is giving up a big weight advantage and that energy used up is costing him. We need MP moved out the DE position at least occasionally.
Truth!!!

Aven8

Reaction score
Remember last season at the end people thought Micah was wearing down and then the playoffs hit and he looked like Micah. Think he plays rope a dope as the season goes along due to boredom

visionary

Reaction score
Imagine how it would be if our defensive leader said “im not worried about individual stats as long as we play as a team and win”

Yeah, that would be crazy

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Imagine how many sacks he would have of he wasn't getting mugged on every play.
I was watching this in this last game. I wouldn't say he gets mugged every play.
The O linemen seem to use a tactic on him which involves a stiff arm where they do not grab jersey, do not curl the arm around and dont get it under his facemask. In Parsons style of rushing he kind of makes himself low and comes up, and that enables this tactic to work. Of course on occasion they do grab jersey or hook or get too far under the facemask and it is not being called, which sucks.
But he cant just wait for better officiating. Parsons may need to make some adjustment because word has gotten around how to keep this guy to 13 sacks a year and not 22.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
For the third consecutive season Micah's performance in the first 12 games of the season compared to the last 5 is like day and night.

Perhaps Micah doesn't even realize it but he wears down through three fourths of the season and becomes rather average after Thanksgiving. The Cowboys cannot continue to put him in front of a pair of 300 pounders all game long. They need to take him off the line about half the time and use his other great physical assets at LB.
This is what no one's talking about in the "no holding calls" shrieking because every time I mention this and ask for context about whether he's had stretches like this before, how many holding calls he's had in past seasons, are those front-loaded per season given the slow downs, all I get is silence. Proof that people are just aching to "outrage" above all.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I was watching this in this last game. I wouldn't say he gets mugged every play.
The O linemen seem to use a tactic on him which involves a stiff arm where they do not grab jersey, do not curl the arm around and dont get it under his facemask. In Parsons style of rushing he kind of makes himself low and comes up, and that enables this tactic to work. Of course on occasion they do grab jersey or hook or get too far under the facemask and it is not being called, which sucks.
But he cant just wait for better officiating. Parsons may need to make some adjustment because word has gotten around how to keep this guy to 13 sacks a year and not 22.
People talk about "having tape" on a QB and scheming to neutralize his strengths and the same is true of standout defenders. To stay great you have to constantly battle the opponents' adjustments against you. I've seen him evolve from using his favorite rip move, which is an exception to the holding rule so he's not going to draw many flags using it, but he's got to get good at a plethora of things. Haven't seen many spin moves out of him.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Would love to see him get two sacks sunday and come into the playoffs hot because the last two years it has seemed like he's worn down by this point of the season.