Twitter: Micah Parsons Say's The NFL Isn't Hard

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I watched him play his soph year and he was moving at a different rate of speed than everyone else on the field I used the disclaimer "yeah, but this is college, wait until he gets to the NFL". Well, it looks the same. I swear he's still accelerating when he gets to the QB.

QB's that face him for the first time misjudge his speed to the QB and you can see it in their faces. The Mean Little Kid was like "what the hell is that" when he saw Parsons closing on him that first time.

They can all watch him on film but a defensive player that is 6'3", 250lbs and runs a 4.3 40 is the textbook definition of freak in person. What makes Parsons so effective is that 40 time does not include the first 10 yards time and he gets to full speed as fast as anyone I have ever watched, which is why he looks faster than everyone on the field in the NFL, just as he did in college.

I do not know which is telling the truth about picking Parsons, Booger or his son, but they need to send thank you cards to CAR and DEN for taking those CB's off the board and a special thank you card to the NYG for going for need at WR and some picks instead of BPA.

And while we're thanking people, we need to thank Micah for sitting out 2020 because if he doesn't, he is not there when the Cowboys pick.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
When I watched him play his soph year and he was moving at a different rate of speed than everyone else on the field I used the disclaimer "yeah, but this is college, wait until he gets to the NFL". Well, it looks the same. I swear he's still accelerating when he gets to the QB.

QB's that face him for the first time misjudge his speed to the QB and you can see it in their faces. The Mean Little Kid was like "what the hell is that" when he saw Parsons closing on him that first time.

They can all watch him on film but a defensive player that is 6'3", 250lbs and runs a 4.3 40 is the textbook definition of freak in person. What makes Parsons so effective is that 40 time does not include the first 10 yards time and he gets to full speed as fast as anyone I have ever watched, which is why he looks faster than everyone on the field in the NFL, just as he did in college.

I do not know which is telling the truth about picking Parsons, Booger or his son, but they need to send thank you cards to CAR and DEN for taking those CB's off the board and a special thank you card to the NYG for going for need at WR and some picks instead of BPA.

And while we're thanking people, we need to thank Micah for sitting out 2020 because if he doesn't, he is not there when the Cowboys pick.
He is playing for us because he is supposed to play for us. That is how the cards fell with all the variables involved. Really great for our D.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

This is very true. He does look just like he did at Penn State against the pros… and nobody thought that was possible. I expected him to be a really good player, but no way did I expect this.

“Generational talent” gets thrown around a lot, but this is what it looks like, and very few guys actually are. When nobody can stop the guy and there isn’t anyone in the league that looks like him… that is a generational talent.

And yeah, had he played last year he would’ve been a top 5 pick.

RaZon

Reaction score
Look at how many times rookie RB;s star, yep, young legs. Every speedy college athlete isn't getting faster in the NFL.

Lawrence Taylor tore up the NFL as a rookie, obviously it was easy for him also.

Tyreek Hill was faster than any NFLer while at Western Alabama.

The NFL is not,...OH MY GOD...for everyone, history has proven, just ask Randy Moss, Gale Sayers, Night Train Lane, Micah Parsons.

Jonathan Taylor had over 1000 yards as a rookie.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is very true. He does look just like he did at Penn State against the pros… and nobody thought that was possible. I expected him to be a really good player, but no way did I expect this.

“Generational talent” gets thrown around a lot, but this is what it looks like, and very few guys actually are. When nobody can stop the guy and there isn’t anyone in the league that looks like him… that is a generational talent.

And yeah, had he played last year he would’ve been a top 5 pick.
And that applies to how Penn St was using him, I thought that won't work in the NFL and hell, it works better.

I agree with your generational talent observation and I do not think it crazy to think he could be considered the best Cowboys D player in history before his career is through, barring injuries.

Could you imagine a talent like Parsons in Landry's Flex D? That was a D designed to make the MLB the star.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Parsons is perfect for Parcells Or Bellicheck's defense. They would know what to do with him in a better way.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I love Micah but yeah he’s just making himself a target

He's been a target after the first few games.

I've never seen a player get an o-lineman's forearm wrapped around his neck while rushing the passer and not getting the holding call as much as # 11.

It's incredible and he still gets to the QB.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Thank you. I pointed this out to someone else on this board. It's not necessarily your 40 time for football, but how much distance you can cover in 10 meters (yards). You're not chasing the quarterback for 40 meters. You are chasing him likely less than 10 meters/yards. So you could have a player who may have a 4.6 40 time but who covers the first 10 meters in less than 2 seconds versus a 4.4 player who covers the first 10 meters in 3 second but who has a long stride to make up the distance. (Don't hold me to the accuracy of these splits. I'm just trying to make a point.)

At 4.3, Micah is fast over 40 yards, but he may be even faster over 10 meters compared to over the 30 additional meters that make up a 40 meter dash.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I wouldn't have said what he did, but to some people, to those unique few, it is.

Bo Jackson could have said it.
Deion Sanders could have said it.
Joe Montana could have said it.
Eric Dickerson could have said it.
LT could have said it.

Some players just got it like that. Shrug.