Micah Parsons will have how many sacks this season?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
IF DQ uses him properly, he should have at least 20. If used like last year, tops of 14. I tend to go with the latter because offenses will prioritize him and i think he will play mostly DE. Sam, Armstrong, Fowler and DLaw will have their share too.

Sacks will be a total team effort. Best not to just put it on MP shoulders. Although MP wants them so bad because of the impending contract negotiations.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Sacks don't matter. It's all about pressures. I'd rather see us force the QB to make a mistake by being pressured and give us a pick.
true, it is more about his overall play.
Batted balls, strip the ball, make tackles, sacks, and pressures.

Sacks are very over rated

Big_D

Reaction score
I could see him shattering the record in the next few years. 23 season - I'll say 18.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
If he continues on his trajectory of being a guy that HAS to be accounted for every play he will help free up opportunities for others.

How many sacks will the Cowboy's defense get is the better question.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Sacks don't matter. It's all about pressures. I'd rather see us force the QB to make a mistake by being pressured and give us a pick.
I mean I get what you're saying and there is some validity to it, but sacks absolutely matter. While I'd rather have an INT over a sack on a given play the best defenses in the league will only end the year with 15-20 INTs. Sack leaders will typically end up with 50-70 sacks on a season. That's 50-70 plays that just kill drives for offenses, don't even give teams a chance to get the ball off to make a play, and on occasion causes the QB to put the ball on the ground. Sacks, pressures, qb hits, etc. its all important, but there is a reason these top tier sack players are making the most money. You get the sacks and the other numbers start to fall in place.