Micah Parsons will have how many sacks this season?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'll go with 12. He will have some games where he looks unstoppable, he will have some games where he is playing through injury simply due to his style of play. We may also see 1 or 2 games where he plays heavy snaps at LB once again. I also think this team is going to have other players contribute more to the sack totals this year. I can see Osa & Williams both taking a step up in their sack totals with Mazi being a total wild card in what he can provide in the pass rush.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No idea but regardless he’s the best in the league at putting pressure on the QB.

Teams are doing everything they can to stop him so it’s a big ask for tons of sacks when teams are dedicating their blocking scheme to stop you.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'll go with 12. He will have some games where he looks unstoppable, he will have some games where he is playing through injury simply due to his style of play. We may also see 1 or 2 games where he plays heavy snaps at LB once again. I also think this team is going to have other players contribute more to the sack totals this year. I can see Osa & Williams both taking a step up in their sack totals with Mazi being a total wild card in what he can provide in the pass rush.

Problem is I’ve seen Micah absolute dominate games with his pressures and then come to this forum and people saying where was Micah today and that he’s overrated.

JayFord

Reaction score
If that Defensive line is what i think it can be

if they have to account for Mazi and double him while lawrence, armstrong and williams are in one on ones?

24 sacks isnt out of the question

JayFord

Reaction score
Problem is I’ve seen Micah absolute dominate games with his pressures and then come to this forum and people saying where was Micah today and that he’s overrated.
Most NFL fans dont know anything about football they look at stats and if the sack number is empty they assume you suck

Aaron Donald has absolutely taken over games without registering 1 tackle or even a sack

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Agree completely, not to mention the fact that even in those games where he wont register a sack he's still the guy commanding double teams, causing teams to keep their TE in to block, etc.

Being a teams 2nd or 3rd best pass rusher is very similar to being a teams 2nd or 3rd receiver. Yeah those other guys may shine and make that #1 look replaceable at times, but that top receiver is the one teams are throwing the gauntlet at in attempt to slow down.

conner01

Reaction score
Micha will get his. The important question is how many will everyone else get. People are going to have to emerge on that crowded DL.
That’s so true. Micah is gonna open up opportunities for other guys and if they take advantage of it we could be at or near top of the league in sacks. It’s not about Micah having 20 but all of them having solid numbers. That’s what disrupts offenses

conner01

Reaction score
Most NFL fans dont know anything about football they look at stats and if the sack number is empty they assume you suck

Aaron Donald has absolutely taken over games without registering 1 tackle or even a sack
Great point. Pressures, hits all add up. Just forcing a WB to throw it away is big

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The same question came up last year at this time and he didn’t come close to the sack numbers fans were coming up with. I’ll say what I said last year at this time, I think he’ll have a tough time surpassing 13 sacks. There’s more tape on him and teams were figuring out last season how to neutralize him. He’s bulking up and will likely play more DE this upcoming season, which will continue to wear him down as the season goes on. He’s having to take on a lot of double teams and he dealt with some injuries last season. He had 12 sacks after 11 games and only had a sack and a half the final six games. For the Cowboys to maintain their pass rush all season, which they were unable to do last season, they have to get sacks/pressures from a number of players.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
13 SACKS.

I think Dan Q move Parsons around a bit and give him some plays off in certain situations, so he doesn't wear down but defenses will also play around Parsons like they did last year.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Before you said "let's have some fun with this" I was just going to say ask me that in mid January.

But if this is just an exercise in fun I'll say 28. He'll have at least one 6 sack game.

We're finna see NFL history y'all !

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Anything less than double digits will be disappointing and underachieving.

Toro9

Reaction score
71 tackles, 53 solo
16.5 sacks, 25 QB hits
3 FF, 1 FR, 38 YARDS
1 INT., 52 YARDS (TD!), 5 PD