Micah Quote on Quinn

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
This is from Blogging the Boys. It is a meme on Facebook under their banner. I cannot post the meme here because of the rules of this board. But thought the content of his statement reveals several things about Micah Parsons.

"Just sitting down with Q this past week, and he was talking to me about plays I can make if I just use my speed and chase down, just knowing that's my super power. And we kind of had that father-son talk this week. And he challenged me, and I told him, I said, 'If you challenge me, I'll never let you down,' So, just stuff like that I credit to Q. Course he's a person that means a lot to me, and I just hate to let him down. When I'm out there I just try to give everything I got for him."

*Micah shows a loyalty that transcends the, "Show me the money mindset," where so many pro players find their motivation. This does not imply he isn't concerned about getting paid, but that he thinks beyond that attitude.

*Micah accepts coaching, and specifically Quinn's coaching, striving to deliver the lessons he has learned on the field with his best ability.

*Quinn has a player who possesses both the skill sets and mental discipline to buy into Quinn's vision of, perhaps, the limitless degree of talent the player reveals, and how to use it to exploit the opposition's offense.

*Quinn now has a sterling example of how his coaching will make players successful, vis-a-vis Micah Parsons, who is fast becoming the leader of this defense. What better advertising that Quinn is a terrific coach to the players Quinn teaches than Parsons dominating the league from anywhere he stands on the playing field, and through his play, lifts the rest of the defense.

Generational player is a label sometimes tossed around. In the case of Parsons, guided by Quinn, generational player may be an understatement.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If Jerry doesn't find a way to keep Quinn I'll be pissed. With all that money in the world and he can't keep our best coach on this team, shows how much Jerry and his silver spooned son really want to win the superbowl.
You can't keep a man in cage who wants to grow and succeed at a higher level. Money is not the be all end all for everyone.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
If Jerry doesn't find a way to keep Quin I'll be pissed. With all that money in the world and he can't keep our best coach on this team, shows how much Jerry and his sliver spooned son really want to win the superbowl.

Jerry has commented he has no limit in what he would pay to win another Super Bowl. I have heard this several times from the Horse's Arse. So here's your mission, Jerry. Parsons and Quinn are a boxed set.

As a side note, just think on what this defense would be if Dallas were to draft a defensive tackle with the talent of Suh, but with the disposition of Parsons. My opinion is, give Quinn the tools and the '85 Bear's defense is within reach.

Praxit

Reaction score
If Jerry doesn't find a way to keep Quinn I'll be pissed. With all that money in the world and he can't keep our best coach on this team, shows how much Jerry and his silver spooned son really want to win the superbowl.
.. I dont think money will be the issue. I feel its more up to Quinn himself.

Do I believe he will stay? Yep.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'd fire McCarthy and give Quinn HC to keep him if that is what it takes.

right because Quinn's had great HC run? he hasnt please, weve seen this story before Great Assistant TURNED HC= FAIL ,

now happening twice to Bowles, has seen it with wade, Ryan brothers, many NE/BillB tree assistants leave and come back pretty fast, amongst others do it and they just aren't great HCs

im sorry that ridiculously ignorant take ,
a box set , not in the professional ranks, no way any one player is calling who his HC is OR hes threating to leave, ITs called a 5 year contract with two-year options on a FT..

please stop this like 4 other simar posts running on Parsons man crush on Quinn,. no way im making quinn a HC just for that reason. meanwhile von miller goes anywhere plays for anyone and succeeds no matter what.. Kalil Mack, our own Ware did it..

this is not normal, not happening, its Parson just showing luv for his coach, this is business, there no college transfer portal. Sorry not sorry do your job at high level, get paid , and if and when you are free from your contract you can then choose where you go.

Lastly parsons is what driving our defense but hes not alone and BTW he not the only great defensive player i the league , i know its hard to overrate parsons but come on Hes been awesome hes great asset but this is a TEAM of players on defense, not just one guy.. hes not the best defense weve ever seen after 22 games, really? i luv the guy but these posts need to be have some common sense infused in them. he not even leading the league in sacks or any one category at this point, not right now..

Im not taking anything away from him but hes not got the skins or the power to be making demands who he will play for in year 2 ..lmao.

Let me see hiom flat take over a few playoff games and shut a payoff offense down.. only 2 losses this year were against better teams this year..show me first.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'd fire McCarthy and give Quinn HC to keep him if that is what it takes.
NOPE

dont get caught in the moment, this isn't a calm unemotional thought process. Sorry, bad ideas come from living in the heat of the moment,

eromeopolk

Reaction score
This is from Blogging the Boys. It is a meme on Facebook under their banner. I cannot post the meme here because of the rules of this board. But thought the content of his statement reveals several things about Micah Parsons.

"Just sitting down with Q this past week, and he was talking to me about plays I can make if I just use my speed and chase down, just knowing that's my super power. And we kind of had that father-son talk this week. And he challenged me, and I told him, I said, 'If you challenge me, I'll never let you down,' So, just stuff like that I credit to Q. Course he's a person that means a lot to me, and I just hate to let him down. When I'm out there I just try to give everything I got for him."

*Micah shows a loyalty that transcends the, "Show me the money mindset," where so many pro players find their motivation. This does not imply he isn't concerned about getting paid, but that he thinks beyond that attitude.

*Micah accepts coaching, and specifically Quinn's coaching, striving to deliver the lessons he has learned on the field with his best ability.

*Quinn has a player who possesses both the skill sets and mental discipline to buy into Quinn's vision of, perhaps, the limitless degree of talent the player reveals, and how to use it to exploit the opposition's offense.

*Quinn now has a sterling example of how his coaching will make players successful, vis-a-vis Micah Parsons, who is fast becoming the leader of this defense. What better advertising that Quinn is a terrific coach to the players Quinn teaches than Parsons dominating the league from anywhere he stands on the playing field, and through his play, lifts the rest of the defense.

Generational player is a label sometimes tossed around. In the case of Parsons, guided by Quinn, generational player may be an understatement.
That is why I am saying trade Vander Esch, give Cleveland back their 5th rounder, and Schultz for Amari Cooper, and Deion Jones.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
right because Quinn's had great HC run? he hasnt please, weve seen this story before Great Assistant TURNED HC= FAIL ,

now happening twice to Bowles, has seen it with wade, Ryan brothers, many NE/BillB tree assistants leave and come back pretty fast, amongst others do it and they just aren't great HCs

im sorry that ridiculously ignorant take ,
a box set , not in the professional ranks, no way any one player is calling who his HC is OR hes threating to leave, ITs called a 5 year contract with two-year options on a FT..

That was a hard read, but it's not about Parson. It's about the historic turn around in the defense and his relationship with players.

Quinn has led a team to a SB as a HC, so there is that (something that we have not had in quite sometime)

But, what does Mike give us that Quinn doesn't is what the question should be.

Mike admittedly is not heavily involved in the offence; even less so on the Defense. He doesn't call plays. I don't believe he's really involved in roster building.

I would rather have Quinn as a DC for sure, but I value his impact on the team more than the current HC.

starfan1

Reaction score

jerry has foolishly overpaid plenty of players but he better back up the brinks truck for this one. We got lucky because if jerry had his way a CB would have been here. Thank you Carolina!

dckid

Reaction score
I can see Big Mike stepping down this year to spend time with family and or health concerns.
Quinn should be in the next HC, book it.

My3Sons

Reaction score
I can see Big Mike stepping down this year to spend time with family and or health concerns.
Quinn should be in the next HC, book it.
Quinn or Sean Peyton

The bottom line is Micah is going to have a HOF career. You do whatever it takes to keep him in Dallas. MM doesn't manage games well.

when the Cowboys don't win the SB this year, move MM on.

plymkr

Reaction score

Good post. That's good stuff right there. I agree that he is not a "show me the money" and he'll relax after he gets paid. He used the term father and son talk and not wanting to let Quinn down. That bond is strong and when someone really feels loved and cared about, it transcends money.

The TLDR version of what I just said is we have to keep Quinn and Parsons together. Big Mike is doing a better job but Quinn can't go anywhere.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score

I agree with this. Just look at ours turned HC. Turner/Wannstedt/Zimmer. You said Bowles, and let's also throw in the Ryan's/Philips/Fangio/ and many others I'm forgetting at the moment. But we forget that people like Johnson/Belichick/Landry/Walsh/Parcells/Gibbs and many others started out as an assistant.

I didn't see the quote but someone here quoted Micah saying "Where Quinn goes I go!" If that's true I don't want to risk losing a player like him. Unlike the Ryan's/Philips/Fangio/, Quinn did take his team to a SB. But on his watch he did let a team come back from the largest deficit (I think) in SB history. It's worth mentioning that it was to two GOATS.

So I say IF it comes down to that, keep Quinn and offer Mike the OC-AHC, or something else.

JayFord

Reaction score
I mean you cant just keep Quinn if teams are offering head coaching chances with a much larger salary

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I mean you cant just keep Quinn if teams are offering head coaching chances with a much larger salary

Well maybe Jerry should pay him a ransom's wage and then some to insure that money is not an issue for keeping him here. There is no cap space for coaching wages. I'm surprised that Jerry doesn't go all out and hire better coaching staff, scouting team and a much bigger analytics team than what they have now. He ain't taking all those billions to the grave.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd rather Micah be loyal to the Cowboys and not want to follow our coordinator wherever he goes and be neutral on our rivalries.