Micah Quote on Quinn

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
You can't keep a man in cage who wants to grow and succeed at a higher level. Money is not the be all end all for everyone.

How do you know that Quinn wants to go and be a head coach again and suffer going to a bad and dysfunctional team? Maybe his end goal is coaching defenses with players like Parsons.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If Jerry doesn't find a way to keep Quinn I'll be pissed. With all that money in the world and he can't keep our best coach on this team, shows how much Jerry and his silver spooned son really want to win the superbowl.

This is a dilemma. Big Mike has done nothing to deserve the axe. Quinn is going to be on top of a few coaching lists. Something will have to give.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd fire McCarthy and give Quinn HC to keep him if that is what it takes.
If Quinn wants the DC HC job.

He was fired from ATL and he is aware that McC didn't have much of a choice on his OC and DC. Quinn could be waiting for another job.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
How do you know that Quinn wants to go and be a head coach again and suffer going to a bad and dysfunctional team? Maybe his end goal is coaching defenses with players like Parsons.
Same way you know he wants to stay as DC........I don't, but let's not forget the competitive nature of professional sports and the ambition that aligns with a career of success at a high level.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

He was fired from ATL and he is aware that McC didn't have much of a choice on his OC and DC. Quinn could be waiting for another job.

It's possible, true. But DC HC is one of the most, if not the most, premier job in the league & he seems to like it here.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

McCarthy hired Mike Nolan as his DC. So yes, he had a choice.

Reactions: BAT

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
In regards to Quinn perhaps he wants to stay with the players he likes to coach. Let’s be honest Micah and others are making him look good right now. He didn’t have that late in his career in Atlanta. Perhaps he’s at the stage of his career where he is on a team that has some good foundational players and if he’s paid what he thinks is fair then he stays. Plus they seem to draft the players he wants when they can.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Seeya Mike.

Go be a walk around coach with lousy time management skills somewhere else.

DQ is the real deal X's and O's coach. His creativity on defense has been obscenely successful.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This is from Blogging the Boys. It is a meme on Facebook under their banner. I cannot post the meme here because of the rules of this board. But thought the content of his statement reveals several things about Micah Parsons.

"Just sitting down with Q this past week, and he was talking to me about plays I can make if I just use my speed and chase down, just knowing that's my super power. And we kind of had that father-son talk this week. And he challenged me, and I told him, I said, 'If you challenge me, I'll never let you down,' So, just stuff like that I credit to Q. Course he's a person that means a lot to me, and I just hate to let him down. When I'm out there I just try to give everything I got for him."

*Micah shows a loyalty that transcends the, "Show me the money mindset," where so many pro players find their motivation. This does not imply he isn't concerned about getting paid, but that he thinks beyond that attitude.

*Micah accepts coaching, and specifically Quinn's coaching, striving to deliver the lessons he has learned on the field with his best ability.

*Quinn has a player who possesses both the skill sets and mental discipline to buy into Quinn's vision of, perhaps, the limitless degree of talent the player reveals, and how to use it to exploit the opposition's offense.

*Quinn now has a sterling example of how his coaching will make players successful, vis-a-vis Micah Parsons, who is fast becoming the leader of this defense. What better advertising that Quinn is a terrific coach to the players Quinn teaches than Parsons dominating the league from anywhere he stands on the playing field, and through his play, lifts the rest of the defense.

Generational player is a label sometimes tossed around. In the case of Parsons, guided by Quinn, generational player may be an understatement.

Maybe Micah could marry Quinn. Or at least get a room.:rolleyes:
71SecJkPouL.jpg

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Quinn or Sean Peyton

The bottom line is Micah is going to have a HOF career. You do whatever it takes to keep him in Dallas. MM doesn't manage games well.

when the Cowboys don't win the SB this year, move MM on.

Forget SB, MM probably aint even winning a playoff game this year................time to move on be it Quinn or Payton.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The value of Quinn in this league will only increase if he were to stay after this year, and the team got close but did not win the title this season.

Come back next year with the possibility of the right free agents, a solid draft, and an endorsement by Jerry, who could make a change as he sees fit.

Payton vs Quinn if Mac fumbles the play-offs. In my opinion, that is not a difficult decision. Payton had Brees. Payton will also cost the team to hire him since he will still be under the guise of the contract he had in New Orleans because it will not run out until 2024.

Quinn's time in Atlanta may have given him the opportunity to work out the flaws. And he did get them to the dance.

And the players seem to love this guy.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's going to be some good HC gigs coming up like the Chargers, they're a good team floating in the abyss.
Meanwhile I'm worried about MM having our team focused, more specifically the offense, with the bye coming up. The difference between Quinn today and his last gig is he's way more involved with players on a daily basis. I think as a HC he'd be involved with both sides of the ball and bring a more aggressive approach to KM. Not to mention a new OL coach.
So I always root for the win on Sunday but if we look stupid on offense and fold, it will help the fraud out the door.

Last edited:

Strol

Reaction score
If Jerry doesn't find a way to keep Quinn I'll be pissed. With all that money in the world and he can't keep our best coach on this team, shows how much Jerry and his silver spooned son really want to win the superbowl.

Somebody has to ask the question...... With Micah Parsons healthy the Dallas defense is top 5. If Parsons were to get hurt, the Dallas defense would fall to bottom 10. In reality does Quinn make that much of a difference then?

blueblood70

Reaction score
That was a hard read, but it's not about Parson. It's about the historic turn around in the defense and his relationship with players.

Quinn has led a team to a SB as a HC, so there is that (something that we have not had in quite sometime)

But, what does Mike give us that Quinn doesn't is what the question should be.

Mike admittedly is not heavily involved in the offence; even less so on the Defense. He doesn't call plays. I don't believe he's really involved in roster building.

I would rather have Quinn as a DC for sure, but I value his impact on the team more than the current HC.

sorry NO not hard read fact that are quite obvious., DQ lie many other great DCs aren't great HCs , kits historically been proven, most cases great assistants aren't great HCs.. dont care Parsons doesn't carry the weight to do that, hes a DC under contract and league rules 7 years..

as long as they pay him , that all they owe him. no layer get to dictate who the HC is, never really worked out from Bronnie we do not need that here nor will Jerry ever allow it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Somebody has to ask the question...... With Micah Parsons healthy the Dallas defense is top 5. If Parsons were to get hurt, the Dallas defense would fall to bottom 10. In reality does Quinn make that much of a difference then?
Umm NOT TRE AT ALL, sure Parsons make it goes but we have far more talent than that and no way it goes from 5 to 20 thats an ignorant take. only thing i agree on is we have far more talent and formula that working for a DC to hold the team hostage.. we can win without Quinn more then without Parsons i get it but no way its that dramatic drop if Parsons is out etc.. you are discounting other players here.. yes our best defender but we have TEAM on defense right now.

we added and changed a lot more than just Parsons since 2020.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree with this. Just look at ours turned HC. Turner/Wannstedt/Zimmer. You said Bowles, and let's also throw in the Ryan's/Philips/Fangio/ and many others I'm forgetting at the moment. But we forget that people like Johnson/Belichick/Landry/Walsh/Parcells/Gibbs and many others started out as an assistant.

I didn't see the quote but someone here quoted Micah saying "Where Quinn goes I go!" If that's true I don't want to risk losing a player like him. Unlike the Ryan's/Philips/Fangio/, Quinn did take his team to a SB. But on his watch he did let a team come back from the largest deficit (I think) in SB history. It's worth mentioning that it was to two GOATS.

So I say IF it comes down to that, keep Quinn and offer Mike the OC-AHC, or something else.
we already saw DQ at HC and it wasn't pretty outside one year and even then as HC he had his defense collapse in the SB.. thats my point, hes already showed to be a better DC then HC look at 2020 only defense ranked worse was ATL umm DQ ran ATL, why was DQ available for us? oh he got let go LOL hes knows as HC to blow more leads and remember watermelon kick LOL that was DQ led team..sorry not buying it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Quinn was such an amazing hire. I really love having him in Dallas. His results speak for themselves and the players absolutely love him. I'm really going to hate (because it's probably going to happen barring some crazy events) losing him.

I'm not one to usually listens to coaches press conferences much, but I will click on Quinn's and listen to him.