Micah should not line up against Lane Johnson

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Based on the fact that he gets that quick jump off before any of their offensive lineman move. That's an advantage to Lane Johnson and not to Micah. I think it would help us to put Micah on the other side, and let him rush up the middle, than to have someone that's going to get an advanced start against him. Please give your thoughts on us being strategic with Micah against Lane Johnson

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Based on the fact that he gets that quick jump off before any of their offensive lineman move. That's an advantage to Lane Johnson and not to Micah. I think it would help us to put Micah on the other side, and let him rush up the middle, than to have someone that's going to get an advanced start against him. Please give your thoughts on us being strategic with Micah against Lane Johnson
move Micah alone, even pre-snap. let them call the defense, and then move him around. cause confusion.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
move Micah alone, even pre-snap. let them call the defense, and then move him around. cause confusion.
I think or am assuming you're saying what I've been wanting them to do all season. I think they should call the defense, have micah stand around or whatever, then rush from wherever. We make it easy on the offense if we keep lining him up on the same side. It makes it easier for teams to game plan to have him getting chipped, or helped being blocked by a tight end or another OL. Instead cause confusion make it hard, make them decide what to do as the ball is being snapped. I think it would be much more fun this way and keep them on their toes

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They will give the Tackles the benefit of the doubt when it comes to false starts but it's so obvious with him it should be called.
When I played OL, i was a master at it on purpose, I knew when my qb was about to say HUT and hike the ball, I timed it well and got back to block, Lane Johnson is a MASTER and i'm not sure why it's not being called

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'd move Micah all over and wouldn't avoid Lane Johnson in the process of doing so. Lane Jumping out of his stance early like that can work to his advantage, but it also puts him on an island and creates a gap on the inside if that G is slower with his get off. A guy athletic as Micah could take advantage of the move if he can get Lane leaning even a little bit.

J-man

Reaction score
he needs to attack their guards more in this game, for the reason you pointed out as both OTs do it regularly for them. And their LT is just a beast

Rayman70

Reaction score
use Micah as the spy. Play him at linebacker and as the spy. Using him against Lane Johnson again would be a terrible mistake.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think or am assuming you're saying what I've been wanting them to do all season. I think they should call the defense, have micah stand around or whatever, then rush from wherever. We make it easy on the offense if we keep lining him up on the same side. It makes it easier for teams to game plan to have him getting chipped, or helped being blocked by a tight end or another OL. Instead cause confusion make it hard, make them decide what to do as the ball is being snapped. I think it would be much more fun this way and keep them on their toes
I agree with this. we have to move micah around. let them call the play, get to the line and then move micah. he can rush from anywhere as he has shown, so make it difficult for offense to make the line calls.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Line him up in a traditional LB position and let him take the interior and see what happens. If no penetration then move him back to his usual spot.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Line him up in a traditional LB position and let him take the interior and see what happens. If no penetration then move him back to his usual spot.
Sounds good, I just don't like a player getting an advantage like that

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
use Micah as the spy. Play him at linebacker and as the spy. Using him against Lane Johnson again would be a terrible mistake.
If he's a spy he just has to be disciplined in his rushing and in his contain. With that said, other guys have to bring pressure if micah is solely doing this

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
he needs to attack their guards more in this game, for the reason you pointed out as both OTs do it regularly for them. And their LT is just a beast
very true, some times we see micah going against a tough match up and don't move him around, let's keep him moving

Jarntt

Reaction score
I'm not worried about Micah lining up against anyone, even those who have done well against him in the past. What I would do is point it out to the officials every single time Johnson moves early. There is a lot of grey area he is allowed to get with away every week that other OL are not. Point it out enough and the officials will watch for it. If they watch for it they'll call it. Not even the best OL are going to handle Micah one on one all game every game

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not worried about Micah lining up against anyone, even those who have done well against him in the past. What I would do is point it out to the officials every single time Johnson moves early. There is a lot of grey area he is allowed to get with away every week that other OL are not. Point it out enough and the officials will watch for it. If they watch for it they'll call it. Not even the best OL are going to handle Micah one on one all game every game
You don't think anyone else is seeing this and isn't alerting the refs, if they're not they're fooling themselves. It's blatant, we can't get caught up in trying to get calls to the point where which we lose focus on the game because we're trying to get a call