Micah should not line up against Lane Johnson

Nav22

Reaction score
"Quick jump" LOL

It's a false start that the coward refs refuse to call, and that POS does it 20 times/game.

He also gets away with blatantly bear-hugging the DE, like he did SEVERAL times to Nick Bosa yesterday.

Zero flags ever, of course.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How does an OT move before the center?

In any case, the Cowboys never just put Parsons in one place and have him rush from that spot all the time. As always, he will move around, and could rush from left side, right side or up the middle, and stunts will be involved at times.
I hear you but I've seen us get stagnant with him, like for example we had him rush against Trent WIlliams like the whole game, what sense did that make??

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"Quick jump" LOL

It's a false start that the coward refs refuse to call, and that POS does it 20 times/game.

He also gets away with blatantly bear-hugging the DE, like he did SEVERAL times to Nick Bosa yesterday.

Zero flags ever, of course.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
No I used to do that, bosa got man handled!!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Based on the fact that he gets that quick jump off before any of their offensive lineman move. That's an advantage to Lane Johnson and not to Micah. I think it would help us to put Micah on the other side, and let him rush up the middle, than to have someone that's going to get an advanced start against him. Please give your thoughts on us being strategic with Micah against Lane Johnson
I’m thinking that’s exactly where he needs to line up.
Take the best guy away, and let everybody else get to the quarterback

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I am more worried about Steele and if there will be help out there for him.

Lane Johnson did effectively erase Bosa, though.

fansince68

Reaction score
Play Sam Williams more, let Micha improvise at MLB and help to "spy" Hurts. On offense, don't run up the middle into the teeth of their d line. Run outside, run Dak, wear out their d line " fatties ". Sustain drives to keep your D fresh. Defer if you win the coin toss and get the ball 1st in the 2nd half.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Based on the fact that he gets that quick jump off before any of their offensive lineman move. That's an advantage to Lane Johnson and not to Micah. I think it would help us to put Micah on the other side, and let him rush up the middle, than to have someone that's going to get an advanced start against him. Please give your thoughts on us being strategic with Micah against Lane Johnson
Did you see what Johnson did against Bosa? I saw one snap it look like he was wrestling a steer to the ground… He is a beast.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Whoever rushes against him don’t watch the ball. Watch him and move when he does.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Regarding Lane Johnson’s constant early get-offs or false starts if you prefer. There’s got to be something that he’s keying on in order to get that jump do close to the actual snap of the ball. I’d pore over game film to find out exactly what that is and try to use it to my advantage.
Only thing I think we can do to throw it back in their faces and put pressure on the refs is to use Johnson as the cue for when to start your rush. If he's going 1/2 a second before the ball is snapped then using him as the cue would at least give you a perfect jump on the snap of the ball. Don't see how refs could flag for off sides even if you're a 1/4 sec early in this scenario as Lane is already moving.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only thing I think we can do to throw it back in their faces and put pressure on the refs is to use Johnson as the cue for when to start your rush. If he's going 1/2 a second before the ball is snapped then using him as the cue would at least give you a perfect jump on the snap of the ball. Don't see how refs could flag for off sides even if you're a 1/4 sec early in this scenario as Lane is already moving.
Exactly what I was thinking.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
If he's a spy he just has to be disciplined in his rushing and in his contain. With that said, other guys have to bring pressure if micah is solely doing this
Perhaps this is the time to turn Williams loose. He’s been wanting more reps so let the young man go eat. Just as long as he knows we expect him to be disciplined and not take foolish penalties.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Micah doesn’t win by being the first guy off the ball. He wins with quick reaction move off the OTs setup. He can beat Johnson. Plus, it leaves other guys 1-1. If you put him on the other tackle, he gets chipped or doubled, leaving other guys 1-1, but one of those 1-1’s is Lane Johnson. (Shrug)

shabazz

Reaction score
When I played OL, i was a master at it on purpose, I knew when my qb was about to say HUT and hike the ball, I timed it well and got back to block, Lane Johnson is a MASTER and i'm not sure why it's not being called
Kudos to you Coogs. Not many people are Masters at Baiting the man across from them.