Micah should not line up against Lane Johnson

Jarntt

Reaction score
You don't think anyone else is seeing this and isn't alerting the refs, if they're not they're fooling themselves. It's blatant, we can't get caught up in trying to get calls to the point where which we lose focus on the game because we're trying to get a call
There is no lack of focus on the game involved. It's the coaches on the sideline standing right next to the official who would point it out. If you don't think this happens I think you are fooling yourself. Coaches point out tendencies all the time

Rayman70

Reaction score
If he's a spy he just has to be disciplined in his rushing and in his contain. With that said, other guys have to bring pressure if micah is solely doing this
agree. This game requires ALL HANDS ON DECK. This means stopping Swift. The interior must be gap disciplined. The edges must contain. I like our chances if we do this.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I noticed Micah gets run out of the play many times due to eagerness. We need him to be disciplined and make smarter reads. Gotta contain Hurts.

Aven8

Reaction score
Bosa is a bull dog and just keeps piling into Lane. Micah is more of a gazelle and will run around him.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I noticed Micah gets run out of the play many times due to eagerness. We need him to be disciplined and make smarter reads. Gotta contain Hurts.
Man I know me and you went back to forth on this before, I've been saying this ALL season. Not bashing him or anything, just something I've noticed him do which can cause him to take himself out of the play and open up lanes. I noticed last night those guys seemed to be scared to let hurts gash them through the middle, so they didn't really rush to far up the field

But yes, contain is key!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bosa is a bull dog and just keeps piling into Lane. Micah is more of a gazelle and will run around him.
yes run around and take himself out of the play which is what we don't want, he can get around him, but BANG, get to the qb, not be so far away from him, that he's already taking off up the field

Brooksey

Reaction score
use Micah as the spy. Play him at linebacker and as the spy. Using him against Lane Johnson again would be a terrible mistake.
Micah should pressure/rush on 90% of his snaps. Mix it up, left side, right side and the middle/nose

He's not a great read and chase MLB

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Based on the fact that he gets that quick jump off before any of their offensive lineman move. That's an advantage to Lane Johnson and not to Micah. I think it would help us to put Micah on the other side, and let him rush up the middle, than to have someone that's going to get an advanced start against him. Please give your thoughts on us being strategic with Micah against Lane Johnson

They need to move him all around the line, not be stuck on one side the whole game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Regarding Lane Johnson’s constant early get-offs or false starts if you prefer. There’s got to be something that he’s keying on in order to get that jump do close to the actual snap of the ball. I’d pore over game film to find out exactly what that is and try to use it to my advantage.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am not afraid of Lane Johnson on Micah Parsons. If I was MM I would go to the refs before the game and warn them about Lane Johnson's leg kick before the snap. Just ask them is that or is it not a false start?

But Hurts prefers to roll out to the right and throw. When he rolls left he almost always runs. So I want Parsons on the right cutting him off. Hurts is used to outrunning guys to the perimeter. But he cannot outrun Parsons.

Having Parsons face Lane Johnson may actually cause Johnson to leave even earlier. The game is in Dallas so the Eagles will not own the refs this week.

Like always though, move Micah around and let the Eagles worry about where he is.

I am more worried about Bland this week.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am not afraid of Lane Johnson on Micah Parsons. If I was MM I would go to the refs before the game and warn them about Lane Johnson's leg kick before the snap. Just ask them is that or is it not a false start?

But Hurts prefers to roll out to the right and throw. When he rolls left he almost always runs. So I want Parsons on the right cutting him off. Hurts is used to outrunning guys to the perimeter. But he cannot outrun Parsons.

Having Parsons face Lane Johnson may actually cause Johnson to leave even earlier. The game is in Dallas so the Eagles will not own the refs this week.

Like always though, move Micah around and let the Eagles worry about where he is.

I am more worried about Bland this week.
If he runs up the field and takes himself out of the play it won't matter either way. With the johnson thing, it's not about being afraid it's just the fact that he's getting off early to gain an advantage

Redline360

Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea how Lane Johnson doesn't get flagged constantly. Clearly moving before the ball is snapped.

Was a slow mo video awhile back showing him jumping early on nearly half the snaps. Might have been the bucs game. Sometimes the jumps were horrendously mistimed and laughable

EndGame

Reaction score
I'm so glad someone else pointed this out. I saw him jump early three plays in a row at one point. They finally called the third one because it was so blatant that they had to.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Regarding Lane Johnson’s constant early get-offs or false starts if you prefer. There’s got to be something that he’s keying on in order to get that jump do close to the actual snap of the ball. I’d pore over game film to find out exactly what that is and try to use it to my advantage.
Here is an explanation from Lane Johnson himself. He looks at what he sees from Kelce and leg kicks based on that so it does appear he's moving before the ball because he is, but he's not moving before Kelce starts the snap. If what Kelce does before the ball actually moves is considered part of the snap, similar to the pump of a long snapper before launching the ball between his legs, it's not a false start. I have to think many teams have brought it up and that Johnson has talked to officials himself so he doesn't get called. What's funny is no one talks about how Guards, including Martin, point forward before the snap while set to signal to the Center to snap the ball and that's not considered a false start. Obviously, officials allow that move to benefit the OL. Maybe it's similar with Johnson. Would love to hear a ref weigh in on his move.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on the fact that he gets that quick jump off before any of their offensive lineman move. That's an advantage to Lane Johnson and not to Micah. I think it would help us to put Micah on the other side, and let him rush up the middle, than to have someone that's going to get an advanced start against him. Please give your thoughts on us being strategic with Micah against Lane Johnson
They just need to move him around so Philly has a harder time accounting for him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does an OT move before the center?

In any case, the Cowboys never just put Parsons in one place and have him rush from that spot all the time. As always, he will move around, and could rush from left side, right side or up the middle, and stunts will be involved at times.