Micah: The energy was off; you got to look yourself in the mirror

ShortRound

Reaction score
Words

Micah Parsons: “The energy was off (last Sunday). We didn’t play like we did the first two weeks. So it’s something that we’re looking forward to getting back to for sure. … It’s super frustrating, especially when you look at the tape. When you strive for perfection and you’re striving and striving and you’re pushing forward and you say you want to be this and have this identity, … anyone can say it, but you gotta go out there and do it. So when you don’t do it, and you don’t play up to the standard, it’s not like who you want to be.

You got to look yourself in the mirror and say, ‘I got to be better in this phase. I got to do this in this phase.’ And you got to go out there and change. If we don’t change then we’re never going to grow. But if you look at the face of reality and say, ‘Hey, this is who I am right now, this is who I want to be,’ and I go out there and fix it then you become a better person, player and man. So that’s what we got to be. … The positive of failure is you always learn. You never want to take a double-L. You never want to lose and not learn.”

Last edited:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Arizona had an effective game plan, executed early and put Dallas on its heels. They basically punched you in the mouth and had the D reeling. Stop with these excuses. “The energy was off”???? Please….

shabazz

Reaction score
They always act like a loss is this enlightening experience that they will grow from and be better for in the end.

We lose every year. This is nothing new.
Mountain, this is what comes from winning constantly at the highest level.

they’ve acheived so much over the years that it’s understandable to be down for a game

It happens to all Championship teams……we just expect too much as fans

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The quinn effect I love it
Some of these guys were just blowing off their run reads and going right for pressure. Can't blame them, I probably did it myself. A 1000 TIMES got my butt chewed a 1000 TIMES as the running back went flying right through my vacated spot.
Looking forward to a bit of a rebound this week, LOL.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
What concerns me the most is with SF and PHL if we want home field we cannot be losing these gimme games and yes AZ should be a gimme game I don't care if they pay their guys too. That game should've been a layup. It seems like once a year we have a game where we come in soft because the opponent sucks and we end up losing

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

they’ve acheived so much over the years that it’s understandable to be down for a game

We are definitely entitled fans.

I mean, what if we were one of only five current teams that haven't even been to a conference title game in over 25 years?

What if we were the team that currently held the NFL shame record of having the longest streak of playoff seasons that didn't result in a conference title game appearance?

Can you imagine how those fans must feel? We need to check ourselves. We expect too much. Excellence is an unrealistic demand.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Words

Micah Parsons: “The energy was off (last Sunday). We didn’t play like we did the first two weeks. So it’s something that we’re looking forward to getting back to for sure. … It’s super frustrating, especially when you look at the tape. When you strive for perfection and you’re striving and striving and you’re pushing forward and you say you want to be this and have this identity, … anyone can say it, but you gotta go out there and do it. So when you don’t do it, and you don’t play up to the standard, it’s not like who you want to be.

You got to look yourself in the mirror and say, ‘I got to be better in this phase. I got to do this in this phase.’ And you got to go out there and change. If we don’t change then we’re never going to grow. But if you look at the face of reality and say, ‘Hey, this is who I am right now, this is who I want to be,’ and I go out there and fix it then you become a better person, player and man. So that’s what we got to be. … The positive of failure is you always learn. You never want to take a double-L. You never want to lose and not learn.”

I can understand the defense being off after two stellar performances. But the offense has been sputtering in the Red zone. How could they not be motivated?

bigE79

Reaction score
Words

You would have thought they learned about failure the last 2 years losing to the 9ers,they even said they were motivated by it...let's hope this is not just the usual dribble...this pats game is a must.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Classic case of taking an opponent too lightly.

I thought this Cowboys team would know better than that. But they were drinking their own Kool Aid after two blowout wins.

Sheepherder

Reaction score

All you have to do is look at the people that have been running the show for the last 28+ years. We know who they are.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It was pretty obvious their energy was off. It jumped off the screen how off it was. It was like they didn’t even want to be there. My question is why? What caused the energy of the entire team to be off? I’d probably start my assessment there.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
But they HAVE won before at the biggest level.

I have VHS tapes to prove it!
I now have digital copies of several games from the 1990's, including the entire 1995 season.

I had to switch to modern technology to relive the past because for 27 years the past is all I have.