Micah: The energy was off; you got to look yourself in the mirror

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Just this week?

Sounds like you are okay when we blow smoke up our own buts, but mad when we have to give ourselves some lashes.
Nah. I try to remain objective. Some absolutely are all sunshine no matter what, but the overreaction when there's a loss is just palpable. I mean, just go through and read the thread titles on the first page. I did the other day and there wasn't a single one that I wanted to click on because they were just extreme.

I'm down about the loss. We definitely should have done better and have a lot of areas to improve. But when so many feel the need to give "some lashes" over comments like Parsons is making here, we just become those fans who are constantly jeering at everything. That's not any fun to me.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I think I'm confused.It seems most people are complaining when a ....critique comes up. Positive threads in NON you know who threads...don't seem to get complaints.

If he'd started another thread about it you'd probably beech and moan about why can't this be an existing thread. Do you HAVE to start ANOTHER one?

You know it.
Go to bed. You're drunk!!

Proof

Reaction score
Arizona had an effective game plan, executed early and put Dallas on its heels. They basically punched you in the mouth and had the D reeling. Stop with these excuses. “The energy was off”???? Please….
that’s not an excuse, it’s being honest. “on their heels, punched in the mouth, had the d reeling” = energy off.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep, sometimes when I'm paid millions of dollars at work, I lose the energy too. Crap happens. I'm sorry to the kids who lost their house because I was too busy to send out the fire trucks. Sorry.... :(

Aven8

Reaction score
I think losing Diggs was a huge thing to their psyche last week. It happened late in the week. Now they have had time to marinate on it they should be better.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Everyone could see that the energy was off from the start.

But you've got to be a professional and push through.

If I did that at my job, you best believe that they wouldn't let me man the Drive-Thru anymore

Roland

Reaction score
As long as he plays DE, it is easy for NFL teams, run right at him. That allows them to run against a smaller DE and najes him work harder and negates his pass rush skills. Simple
And IIRC, this is not the first time a team has had success and taken him out of his game by actually going right at him. I love what he brings as a pass rusher but he could stand to improve on the run defense aspect when manning the edge. Now if he is playing LB he has the speed to play side to side. Play him at back at LB when you anticipate a run play and DE/DT anywhere on the line when you expect pass? Get maximum benefit of his strenghts per situational play.

Roland

Reaction score
I think losing Diggs was a huge thing to their psyche last week. It happened late in the week. Now they have had time to marinate on it they should be better.
Losing him for the season and not having 3/5 of your starting OL playing. It has been stated over and over and used as an excuse but in my mind, you cant deny that this could /would have an impact on your psyche.

Gambit

Reaction score
It was pretty obvious their energy was off. It jumped off the screen how off it was. It was like they didn’t even want to be there. My question is why? What caused the energy of the entire team to be off? I’d probably start my assessment there.
My guess, three injuries on OLnin a few days and losing Diggs in same week.

We like to sit as observers and demand the team we root for be completely void of any thing but fire and drive.

In reality, mostly speaking, these kids are in early 20's and as susceptible to defleated morale off a hard weak as any other human.

Also, it was game 3, Cardinals players poured water on coach after win, it was their Superbowl.

Roland

Reaction score
My guess, three injuries on OLnin a few days and losing Diggs in same week.

We like to sit as observers and demand the team we root for be completely void of any thing but fire and drive.

In reality, mostly speaking, these kids are in early 20's and as susceptible to defleated morale off a hard weak as any other human.

Also, it was game 3, Cardinals players poured water on coach after win, it was their Superbowl.
right, losing your top Cb for the season and 3/5 OL not playing, professional or not, will have some kind of effect on your psyche and affect your play. IMO

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
They always act like a loss is this enlightening experience that they will grow from and be better for in the end.

We lose every year. This is nothing new.
Lessons should be learned with every loss, in football or in life. I'd be concerned if this wasn't the case.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
They always act like a loss is this enlightening experience that they will grow from and be better for in the end.

We lose every year. This is nothing new.
I think this is the nature of sports and in the NFL there has only been one team who can consistently overcome complacency. The NE Patriots.

But if you listen to any of the interviews from departed players you find repeated evidence of the Hoodie doing long film cutups tearing down star players like Brady, Vrabel, McGinest and Bruschi.

In the NE lockerroom no one was safe from getting a new anus tore into them. Theirs is a culture that nothing is ever acceptable, and recent defining wins are always a loss for the team and indivdual players.

That's why it is amazing how players can last so long in NE before eventually getting out. In one interveiw Edelman said it was only when the hoodie exposed him in front of players using expletives to idinetify his play in a winning playoff game that he actually knew BB liked him.

There are many ways to run an organization, but in a sector where the staff is constantly changing with new young people FEAR is one of the best motivators for operational excellence. It's just that most of us dull normals in our jobs would never tolerate being dragged in front of the entire company and have the boss run entire cutup film criticizing every little thing you did.

For the Hoodie he is making it work.