Micah: The energy was off; you got to look yourself in the mirror

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Every year we hear this same- this team just is missing something. They think they are Super Bowl caliber and haven't done crap. What we need is somebody like a Mike Tomlin to come in here and put some respect back on the Star. Micah is all talk. Glorified pass rusher and that's it. We need guys like Tank-who can talk and walk. In other words. Pass rush and stop the run. And the funny part the rest wanna be glorified pass rushers also. Then make business decisions against the run :facepalm:

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I now have digital copies of several games from the 1990's, including the entire 1995 season.

I had to switch to modern technology to relive the past because for 27 years the past is all I have.
Yeah I've rewatched some of those 1995 games.

You know what REALLY hits home as far as how long it's been when ur watching those games? The commercials (if ur tape has them.).

The car commercials.....OMG....like they look like something out of the stone age. Back when car companies still advertised their cars had AC and cigarette lighters.

Also...the advertisements for the other shows featured on the network. Alf. Tim The Tool Man Taylor. Full House. Blossom. AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

You know what REALLY hits home as far as how long it's been when ur watching those games? The commercials (if ur tape has them.).

The car commercials.....OMG....like they look like something out of the stone age. Back when car companies still advertised their cars had AC and cigarette lighters.

Also...the advertisements for the other shows featured on the network. Alf. Tim The Tool Man Taylor. Full House. Blossom. AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
I have commercials from the 1995 season opener at the Giants introducing Microsoft Windows. I was a senior in high school. Now I am 45.........

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I have commercials from the 1995 season opener at the Giants introducing Microsoft Windows. I was a senior in high school. Now I am 45.........
Hahaha

Now our watches or computer on refrigerator door has more power than the computers that launched rockets back then.

Still had cigarette commercials and ads for fax machines

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The energy was way off because most of the fans and the players thought it was going to be a cakewalk. Everyone had visions of this defense being the next Legion of Boom and the 85 Bears. Boy, did that dream get obliterated last Sunday. Lol

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
The energy was way off because most of the fans and the players thought it was going to be a cakewalk. Everyone had visions of this defense being the next Legion of Boom and the 85 Bears. Boy, did that dream get obliterated last Sunday. Lol
This team thinks the NFL is like regular jobs. There are NO Holidays off in the NFL :facepalm:

kevm3

Reaction score
If you want to see why the 'energy is off' just look at the vets getting an off day after getting embarrassed by the Cardinals. Is most of our starters on O-line going to sit out against the Pats as well? We have a no accountability, cupcake-ish culture and it shows when we lose against teams we should win against and not just barely lose, but get dominated.

visionary

Reaction score
As long as he plays DE, it is easy for NFL teams, run right at him. That allows them to run against a smaller DE and najes him work harder and negates his pass rush skills. Simple

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This team thinks the NFL is like regular jobs. There are NO Holidays off in the NFL :facepalm:
It’s pretty disappointing that the team decided to take a game off only three weeks into the season. It’s not like training camps and preseason are as tough as they used to be. They get days off during training camp and our key players didn’t play at all in preseason. We have players getting hurt in practice and when they get out of bed. We have a pretty soft group that Jerry constantly coddles.

plymkr

Reaction score
If you want to see why the 'energy is off' just look at the vets getting an off day after getting embarrassed by the Cardinals. Is most of our starters on O-line going to sit out against the Pats as well? We have a no accountability, cupcake-ish culture and it shows when we lose against teams we should win against and not just barely lose, but get dominated.
I get it that Lamb had the day off. He was exhausted after pouting for 60 minutes. And his arms must be sore from failing them around trying to draw a flag.

CWR

Reaction score

My teenager started watching Alf awhile back. It's still good lol

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Well, yeah..teams are extensions of individuals. When new players come in on a few days notice, they may be ready to play. But playing on the same page is a.different story..especially when you've been practicing one way week, then change the scheme at the last minute.

You.can pull it off, but it's difficult.

sacase

Reaction score
They always act like a loss is this enlightening experience that they will grow from and be better for in the end.

We lose every year. This is nothing new.
In all fairness I am sure they don't want to say anything, but they have to talk to the media, so that's the only answer they can give. Its not like they are rushing to the media to make excuses.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In all fairness I am sure they don't want to say anything, but they have to talk to the media, so that's the only answer they can give. Its not like they are rushing to the media to make excuses.
They are required to talk...sure....BUT!

do NOT have to do "wake up call", or "we needed this". "we'll learn from this".

You need this to be motivated? What do you learn? Why were you sleeping...you don't take it seriously?

BULLLSHIP!

Just say "we sucked...we took it for granted...we think we're better than what we are or could be, we just aren't good".

They never wake up, or learn from this.

Maybe THIS YEAR! right?...yay! Go COWBOYS!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I pretty much tuned out Micah when he told us he's pretty neutral on the Cowboys/Eagles rivalry.

I just can't let that go. It was the single most egregious thing I've ever heard a player say.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This thread reminds of why I've mostly been avoiding this place this week.