Micah vs D. Ware, who are you picking?

kevm3

Reaction score
Parsons. Put Micah on a team with a prime Von Miller and he'd be doing some obscene things.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Parsons is great for a beginner, better than Ware out or his point no doubt… but Ware developed into a 19, 20 sack phenom. We can’t credit Micah for that until he gets there.
You gotta get past the sacks alone. Pressure rates, double team rates, etc all favor Micah.....and by a lot

DWares 20 sack season saw him get
53 pressures
12 non sack hits on the QB
21 Hurries

Micah last year in a fewer sack season saw
103 pressures
13 non sack hits on the QB
69 hurries

Now once you throw the run defense metrics in there I'd take Dware all day. Strictly in his ability to play the pass I go Micah all day. The ONE argument that I think is very valid in this though is that DWare was great against the run and actually played with balance to his game. Micah at least under DQ was almost every game a pass first player. These guys the last few years have not been playing their reads on the Dline and are pretty much in pass rush mode 50+ snaps a game.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You know what’s funny is I remember people on this exact site complained that Ware was too nice and didn’t show up in big moments lol. Same thing people say about Micah lol.
That's what I was going to say. A lot of people said his stats were empty.
Micah has been around for 3 years, it's far too early to make some kind of determination.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Ware was the perfect example of why the Cowboys are what they are. Fantastic player. Unbelievable skills. Happy to sign a big fat contract and compile gaudy regular season stats. Was he a killer? Nope. Was he obsessed with winning? Nope. Would he hold the rest of the team accountable? Nope. Do I have a single meaningful memory of him? Not really. I remember him coming up big once against the Saints. Other than that he had forgettable sack after forgettable sack. For the last few years he was here all I can picture is a guy getting easily run upfield with no thought to anything but a sack on a 5 step drop.
I remember he and Von Miller carrying Denver to a SB.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's what I was going to say. A lot of people said his stats were empty.
Micah has been around for 3 years, it's far too early to make some kind of determination.
Absolutely is.

At this point it's DWare easily, but Micah hasn't played long enough to compare.

jay94

Reaction score
Just because how good Ware played against the run it's not close, also lets give Parsons more time, I hope I'm wrong, but feel his game will drop quickly when he gets a little bit older.

stinkface

Reaction score
Ware was the perfect example of why the Cowboys are what they are. Fantastic player. Unbelievable skills. Happy to sign a big fat contract and compile gaudy regular season stats. Was he a killer? Nope. Was he obsessed with winning? Nope. Would he hold the rest of the team accountable? Nope. Do I have a single meaningful memory of him? Not really. I remember him coming up big once against the Saints. Other than that he had forgettable sack after forgettable sack. For the last few years he was here all I can picture is a guy getting easily run upfield with no thought to anything but a sack on a 5 step drop.
Sounds like a write up about Micah after his Cowboy career is over, except Micah will doing a pod cast or have his own TV reality show.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I'm taking Micah! Ware was good but lacked the nastiness you need to be an intimidator. In the playoffs game against the Vikings Romo was taking shots to the lower back on his blind side and just getting hammered the whole game. Ware had numerous chances to hit Favre like the and he just gently played him down. That pisses me off to no end. That POS ** let the whole team down.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Ware at the moment. Micah has shown flashes of greatness but still a little early to see if he can do that every year.

75boyz

Reaction score
Ware.

If Micah keeps disappearing at the end of each season this may not even be a discussion.

Micah has Lawrence.

Ware had Spencer and Ellis to compliment him when he was here and they still couldn't get the job done either. I sometimes thought Ware didn't impact big games/playoff games as I thought he should while with Dallas either.
I thought he had lost his fast ball by the time we let him leave for Denver.
Nothing could have been further from the truth though.

He wreaked havoc with Von Miller on that championship trophy run with Denver. Totally beasted out. Totally deserving Hall of Famer.

So far with Micah I see lots of impressive early to mid season sack numbers and then disappearing towards the end of the year and playoffs.
Thats what he's been so far.

'Bout where I stand on this discussion.
And I also think Micah just might not try as hard once receiving his set for life second contract money too.
But that's just me.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Different times, different styles, one main job is to get to the QB! Who would you pick, and why?? Please give your thoughts
hey Coogiguy--- i would take Parsons all day long over Ware....he plays multiple positons...can run a 4.3 40....and strong as an ox

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ware at the moment. Micah has shown flashes of greatness but still a little early to see if he can do that every year.
mr NumOneQB----wait...but is not 13+ sacks you first 3 seasons more than flashes?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ware.

If Micah keeps disappearing at the end of each season this may not even be a discussion.

Micah has Lawrence.

Ware had Spencer and Ellis to compliment him when he was here and they still couldn't get the job done either. I sometimes thought Ware didn't impact big games/playoff games as I thought he should while with Dallas either.
I thought he had lost his fast ball by the time we let him leave for Denver.
Nothing could have been further from the truth though.

He wreaked havoc with Von Miller on that championship trophy run with Denver. Totally beasted out. Totally deserving Hall of Famer.

So far with Micah I see lots of impressive early to mid season sack numbers and then disappearing towards the end of the year and playoffs.
Thats what he's been so far.

'Bout where I stand on this discussion.
And I also think Micah just might not try as hard once receiving his set for life second contract money too.
But that's just me.
75boyz---- i agree Parsons disappears end of seasons...but i put that on coaching and lack of good scheming....because he gets held like no one else and tripled teamed too

hopefully under Zimmer defense things will look better?...but i would take him over Ware everyday no doubts....he is bigger and stronger and can run a 4.3 40....he fakes people out

of their "jocks" on the field until they hold him and he gets few calls and triple team him?