Micah's fumble recovery

TheHerd

Reaction score
Only defensive players need full recovery.

Offensive players need at least a tie to make it their possession.

If I recall correctly, Micah could not get the full recovery and as long as it is a tie with an offensive players and the officials can see it clearly, it will go to the offense.
I agree any understand the rule, but they never had any possession of the ball. When I say they never had clear possession, I meant they never had the ball in their possession. A tie means both players have the ball. I don't see any point in time that the Cincy player had the ball. He reached for the ball and tried to grab it, but he never actually grabbed it. All in my biased opinion of course!

Cydios

Reaction score
Bengals had the ball tucked in, Micah was more on the outer. He only had final when the ref officially called and the Bengal let it go.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be objective, it looked like Mixon got to the ball first and then Micah came over. My first impression was it was a lucky cincy bounce b/c Mixon was right there to jump on it. The ref was on top of the play. If he sees Mixon with possession which he apparently did, its over. Call on the field stands unless there is a clear video angle showing otherwise. There isn't.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Lol, smh. Some of our fans watch the game in braille.

Mixon had control of the ball initially and Micah went in and grabbed it. This is what the refs saw and called it. This is also precisely what the replay showed.

Y’all seriously alter reality and act like Parson’s was cradling the ball and Mixon came out of nowhere and tried to grab it.

After they made that determination the play was over. Mixon got up and went back to huddle up. You don’t get extra credit for having the ball in the end.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Lol, smh. Some of our fans watch the game in braille.

Mixon had control of the ball initially and Micah went in and grabbed it. This is what the refs saw and called it. This is also precisely what the replay showed.

Y’all seriously alter reality and act like Parson’s was cradling the ball and Mixon came out of nowhere and tried to grab it.

This!

Reading this forum I truly understand that a lot of our fans don’t know the intangibles of football but then get on here and talk absolutes. It’s just crazy.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Inside 2 minutes the booth official has to make the challenge.

And let me add to this. As stated you can’t challenge under two minutes, it has to come from the booth. Now here is where our coach was smart (which a lot of people think they now more then him even though they haven’t never even been on a sideline), McCarthy called a timeout and they went to a commercial. In this instance the booth would have the time to look at the play over and buzzed the ref for a booth review. They never did which mean that they agreed with the call or didn’t have enough visual evidence to overturn the call.

Y’all may continue!

GINeric

Reaction score
I just watched this again, and I need someone to explain that one to me. At no point did Cincy have clear possession of the ball, and obviously Parsons had the ball in the end. How do they give the ball to the Bengals there?

I definitely agree with you, but in those situations they give the tie breaker to the offense if both appear to have equal possession.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I just watched this again, and I need someone to explain that one to me. At no point did Cincy have clear possession of the ball, and obviously Parsons had the ball in the end. How do they give the ball to the Bengals there?
Easy....league is fixed. Cowboy bias is real. :popcorn:

blueblood70

Reaction score
he was frost there and last to have it..if they challge that i bet they give it to us..that for sure IMO was Parsons ball from start and finish, they fought in the middle, but he had the 2-hand scoop on it , had it attempted to grab it rolled over with 2 hands on it..thats our ball.. college says clear possession we had that for sure.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
You’ll nit see a recovery ruled so fast again. They just started to fight for the ball and the ref was saying it was over.

Parsons was the first to posses it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This!

Reading this forum I truly understand that a lot of our fans don’t know the intangibles of football but then get on here and talk absolutes. It’s just crazy.

This happens on a weekly basis. Most of the times it’s based on sheer ignorance of the rules or they simply refuse to acknowledge what video evidence shows, and it’s always infused with some unsubstantiated conspiratorial claims.

Proof

Reaction score
This happens on a weekly basis. Most of the times it’s based on sheer ignorance of the rules or they simply refuse to acknowledge what video evidence shows, and it’s always infused with some unsubstantiated conspiratorial claims.

i watched the same game and the same replay and came to a different conclusion than you did. didn’t think it was conspiratorial, just thought it was incorrect. what i saw was mixon touching the ball first and micah possessing the ball first. may be bias, may just be incorrect on its own, but not everyone here thinks a call is bad just because they don’t understand or are trying to build a case. but on the other hand you seem to constantly try to position yourself as the condescending lone voice of reason.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
So why the hell do you keep doing it. I guess acknowledgement is the first step.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I agree any understand the rule, but they never had any possession of the ball. When I say they never had clear possession, I meant they never had the ball in their possession. A tie means both players have the ball. I don't see any point in time that the Cincy player had the ball. He reached for the ball and tried to grab it, but he never actually grabbed it. All in my biased opinion of course!
In the beginning that was true because the ball itself was moving, but the camera showed later that both of them having it while the ball wasn’t moving anymore. The ref was able to see that as well before the pileup began.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
i watched the same game and the same replay and came to a different conclusion than you did. didn’t think it was conspiratorial, just thought it was incorrect. what i saw was mixon touching the ball first and micah possessing the ball first. may be bias, may just be incorrect on its own, but not everyone here thinks a call is bad just because they don’t understand or are trying to build a case. but on the other hand you seem to constantly try to position yourself as the condescending lone voice of reason.

I keep hearing Mixon “was touching the ball…”

Mixon had it fully in the crux of his arm and in possession first. Micah reached for it and that’s when they started alligator rolling for it.