Micha Parsons is right, we need more officials

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Teams with more penalty history generally don’t get as many favorable calls .

Just like in hoops and baseball.

It goes the other way too. If you don’t get as many penalties referees aren’t looking for them.
getting more favorable calls or not based on previous games is an admission of corruption. Games should be officiated with a tabula rasa. Otherwise it is biased .

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Then don’t watch the games. I really don’t know why some of you even bother watching the NFL.
I am sure with the NFL looking more and more like world wide wrestling it will lose and has lost market value.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
If they could do a lot better, the league would’ve done it. The only way they could do a lot better is for every missed and bad call to be challenged but it would slow down the game and you’re still going to be dealing with human judgment. Human beings will always be prone to mistakes. It’s not easy officiating an NFL game. The officiating is never going to be perfect and it will never satisfy every fan.
Completely false. The league is notoriously slow to act because Goodell is making 50 million and could give a rats tail. Look at the reception rule and how long it took these morons to operationalize to remove subjectivity. The holding rule is of the same caliber. Holding is an ambiguous rule. You can hold a defensive lineman‘s jersey and shoulder pads but it is not clear when you cant do this and it shows in officiating inconsistencies. I would make all instances of holding shoulder pads or jersey in any shape manner or form illegal. Boom. Unambiguous. It would happen less often if they called it every time they saw it and teams should coach blocking without holding. This is not rocket science folks. The fact that the offense is allowed to hold Parsons is due to the built in ambiguity and plausible deniability. The ref can now look, see Parsons being held and throw the flag and not wonder, was this a gray area. You have to operationalize rules and remove as much subjectivity as possible. All of this does not rule out corruption where the holding is blatant and egregious and they choose to turn a blind eye.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Parsons is 100% correct. This is a billion dollar industry affecting owners, coaches, players, fans and much, much more. There are a huge number of blown calls, many blatant at the point of attack directly. Many blown calls costing points and games and the ostensible pretense of integrity. This is irrefutable. Everyone in America is aware of the garbage Goodell is presiding over and it is a direct attack on the 50 million dollar man that is either leading a corrupt WWW enterprise or is just complacent with the garbage that is screwing players lIke Parsons. It makes me want to vomit every time I watch a Dallas game, seeing Parson’s being held, and nothing being called. This is BS and everyone knows it. We are tired of this crap Godell. Do something for Gods sakes!!!
When Micah Parsons wins something he’ll be taken seriously. Until then he’s a mouth that hasn’t won a thing. He needs to shut up. He’ll be looking for $30 million per year soon enough. He’s lucky he’s playing for the Dallas Cowboys and the only owner stupid enough to pay him that much. No wonder he is blowing smoke up Dak’s ___. He wants Jerry’s check book open.

ghst187

Reaction score
If they could do a lot better, the league would’ve done it. The only way they could do a lot better is for every missed and bad call to be challenged but it would slow down the game and you’re still going to be dealing with human judgment. Human beings will always be prone to mistakes. It’s not easy officiating an NFL game. The officiating is never going to be perfect and it will never satisfy every fan.
That’s not sound logic to say they’d have done it if they could. Full time refs, punishments, more film, more consistency, more keeping crews together, better rules…Goodell has never shown much of any leadership on fixing any issues until after they’ve blown up beyond the ability to ignore.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
When Micah Parsons wins something he’ll be taken seriously. Until then he’s a mouth that hasn’t won a thing. He needs to shut up. He’ll be looking for $30 million per year soon enough. He’s lucky he’s playing for the Dallas Cowboys and the only owner stupid enough to pay him that much. No wonder he is blowing smoke up Dak’s ___. He wants Jerry’s check book open.
Actually one of the few reasons we have won as many games with an atrocious and stupid QB. Dallas is the place where HOF players go to die. Very unfortunate. Parsons is HOF Dak is not.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
That’s not sound logic to say they’d have done it if they could. Full time refs, punishments, more film, more consistency, more keeping crews together, better rules…Goodell has never shown much of any leadership on fixing any issues until after they’ve blown up beyond the ability to ignore.
Godell is the worst commissioner of any in the history of sporting events. He sucks bad and is responsible for the inept and frankly corrupt officiating in this league. 50 million for this clown. OMG an unmitigated loser.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If they thought full-time refs would make a difference, they would do it. It’s still not going to eliminate human error. Full-time or part-time you’re still dealing with people making judgments.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Parsons is 100% correct. This is a billion dollar industry affecting owners, coaches, players, fans and much, much more. There are a huge number of blown calls, many blatant at the point of attack directly. Many blown calls costing points and games and the ostensible pretense of integrity. This is irrefutable. Everyone in America is aware of the garbage Goodell is presiding over and it is a direct attack on the 50 million dollar man that is either leading a corrupt WWW enterprise or is just complacent with the garbage that is screwing players lIke Parsons. It makes me want to vomit every time I watch a Dallas game, seeing Parson’s being held, and nothing being called. This is BS and everyone knows it. We are tired of this crap Godell. Do something for Gods sakes!!!
I like his idea, a ref for every player on the field, eleven players and eleven refs...makes sense, but it would just be more blame on who missed a call or something else. That Parsons does make sense, huh?

mmohican29

Reaction score
If you want to believe that, and it makes you better, great. :thumbup:
Makes me better?

I'll give you 2 examples.

CeeDee no call PI (Dallas punt)
Gilmore PI (Philly score). I believe these were B2B possessions.

Those 2 officiating decisions ALONE resulted in a monumental swing for Philadelphia that Dallas had to dig out of.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
getting more favorable calls or not based on previous games is an admission of corruption. Games should be officiated with a tabula rasa. Otherwise it is biased .
Not at all. It’s much like profiling . If someone has history you’re more likely to keep a closer eye.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Makes me better?

I'll give you 2 examples.

CeeDee no call PI (Dallas punt)
Gilmore PI (Philly score). I believe these were B2B possessions.

Those 2 officiating decisions ALONE resulted in a monumental swing for Philadelphia that Dallas had to dig out of.
I’m moving I don’t need to spend 20+ pages watching another whine fest. You guys have fun continuing to blame the officiating for last weeks loss.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Right. I’m already sick of every catch and TD being reviewed. Wasn’t meant to be a perfect game.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Godell is the worst commissioner of any in the history of sporting events. He sucks bad and is responsible for the inept and frankly corrupt officiating in this league. 50 million for this clown. OMG an unmitigated loser.
He has managed the league through unprecedented failure. Why the NFL ownership groups retain him to usher the league into the future is difficult to understand. NFL fans know better than the owners. We’ve purchased so many jerseys and key chains with our favorite team’s logo we have more at stake than these franchise owners. What do they know?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You are looking at this from the point of view of a fan, that is a mistake..............you have to look at this from a business point of view.

Under Godell, the NFL has grown exponentially in popularity, more games are being shown or streamed than ever before. Amazon just paid the NFL over a billion dollars to show those crappy Thursday night games, you got Youtube streaming games, you got games on your phone now, the NFL is practically everywhere.

Check the ratings, when NFL games are televised, even crappy games like the Bears vs Panthers, they beat every other programing on every other network. That is why Amazon paid the NFL over a billion dollars. Add in the other new television and media rights deals and you have the NFL making more money right now that ever before, literally billions and billions of dollars being made every year.

This has all happened under Godell, so why would the 32 owners not be happy with him? They pay him $50 million and in exchange he makes them billions.

So, in the big picture here, which is always about money, the owners really dont give a chit if you are unhappy with Godell or the way the refs officiate Cowboy games. You and your concerns are at the bottom of the list on things the owners care about. Now if you dont like that, then they would tell you to go find another sport to watch.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You are looking at this from the point of view of a fan, that is a mistake..............you have to look at this from a business point of view.

Under Godell, the NFL has grown exponentially in popularity, more games are being shown or streamed than ever before. Amazon just paid the NFL over a billion dollars to show those crappy Thursday night games, you got Youtube streaming games, you got games on your phone now, the NFL is practically everywhere.

Check the ratings, when NFL games are televised, even crappy games like the Bears vs Panthers, they beat every other programing on every other network. That is why Amazon paid the NFL over a billion dollars. Add in the other new television and media rights deals and you have the NFL making more money right now that ever before, literally billions and billions of dollars being made every year.

This has all happened under Godell, so why would the 32 owners not be happy with him? They pay him $50 million and in exchange he makes them billions.

So, in the big picture here, which is always about money, the owners really dont give a chit if you are unhappy with Godell or the way the refs officiate Cowboy games. You and your concerns are at the bottom of the list on things the owners care about. Now if you dont like that, then they would tell you to go find another sport to watch.
Great post.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Great post.
It very well maybe, but giving the bird to millions of fans who see it exactly as I do who then choose to spread the word and turn off their tv’s may well be something that will come back to bite them in the arse.