Micha Parsons is right, we need more officials

ghst187

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with Dak. Calls go for you and against you. Philly had calls go against them. Some of you love using the officiating as an excuse every time the Cowboys lose a big game. The officiating didn’t cost us the game. Get over it.
Not commenting on the Philly game per se but across the board it would be really nice to see some full time officials who make a LOT fewer mistakes and call vastly more consistent games. The game is so bad it gives a lot of credence to the conspiracy theorists who think the results are tainted with purposed thumbs on scales. It’s hard to believe a billion dollar industry refuses to hire full time crews and professionalize it to put a better product on the field also while the ceo makes 50m…really?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not commenting on the Philly game per se but across the board it would be really nice to see some full time officials who make a LOT fewer mistakes and call vastly more consistent games. The game is so bad it gives a lot of credence to the conspiracy theorists who think the results are tainted with purposed thumbs on scales. It’s hard to believe a billion dollar industry refuses to hire full time crews and professionalize it to put a better product on the field also while the ceo makes 50m…really?
Don’t think it would make much difference to have full-time officials. You’re still dealing with human beings and they make mistakes. The game moves extremely fast and even replay doesn’t show things real clearly. There isn’t anything the NFL can do about officiating that’s going to satisfy all the fans. Even when a call is as clear as night and day, you still have fans booing it if it’s against their team.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
It wasn’t bad or no calls last week that cost us the game. We didn’t get any breaks and we need breaks to beat contending teams. Schoonmaker clearly didn’t get in the endzone which is why the TD was overturned. Philly had three fumbles bounce in their favor. Dak stepped out of bounds on a two point conversion. These are the reasons we lost the game.
It wasn’t bad or no calls last week that cost us the game. We didn’t get any breaks and we need breaks to beat contending teams. Schoonmaker clearly didn’t get in the endzone which is why the TD was overturned. Philly had three fumbles bounce in their favor. Dak stepped out of bounds on a two point conversion. These are the reasons we lost the game.
Saying that you know why the game was lost in 1 score games is completely bogus. Should Dak have won the game just like Burrow, Mahomes, or Brady would have (i think Dak sucks) is to obscure the fact that poor or corrupt officiating can and does cause teams games. It has to. Just because the game does not end on a winining score that is called back or a penalty not being called on the last play does not mean that numerous ticky tack or blown calls are not responsible for the 5 point margin.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Don’t think it would make much difference to have full-time officials. You’re still dealing with human beings and they make mistakes. The game moves extremely fast and even replay doesn’t show things real clearly. There isn’t anything the NFL can do about officiating that’s going to satisfy all the fans.
Missing blatant calls at the point of attack like that Parsons hold is simply inexcusable. What the hell was that official or 7 other officials doing? Picking their noses, daydreaming, looking at someones shoelace? Either gross incompetence or corruption. No other explanation. That official should have been fired.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Exactly. BILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY AFFECTING THOUSANDS OF OWNERS, PLAYERS, FANS, SPONSORS, ETC.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Missing blatant calls at the point of attack like that Parsons hold is simply inexcusable. What the hell was that official or 7 other officials doing? Picking their noses, daydreaming, looking at someones shoelace? Either gross incompetence or corruption. No other explanation. That official should have been fired.
Officials miss calls all the time that have gone against us and that have gone in our favor. If some of you honestly believe the NFL is biased against the Cowboys, you should find something else better to do on Sundays than watch football. :thumbup:

Starstruck22

Reaction score
The officials are clearly incompetent and there are what 7 officials on the field and not one of these clowns speaks up or throws a flag. The problem my be that only certain of the 7 officials can even call a penalty in a certain area of the field and therefore dont get involved even if they see the foul. What the hell 7 officials (getting paid huge salaries per game) and not one can see an egregious, blatant hold right in front of them at the point of attack. This does rightly fuel the perception that something is rotten in Denmark.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Officials miss calls all the time that have gone against us and that have gone in our favor. If some of you honestly believe the NFL is biased against the Cowboys, you should find something else better to do on Sundays than watch football. :thumbup:
If you are happy with incompetence that is all we need to know about you.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you are happy with incompetence that is all we need to know about you.
Where did I say I was happy with it? All I’m saying is there isn’t anything you can do about it when you have human beings officiating games. Most calls are judgment calls and not everyone has the same judgment. Again, if the officiating bothers you that much, don’t watch the NFL.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Saying that you know why the game was lost in 1 score games is completely bogus. Should Dak have won the game just like Burrow, Mahomes, or Brady would have (i think Dak sucks) is to obscure the fact that poor or corrupt officiating can and does cause teams games. It has to. Just because the game does not end on a winining score that is called back or a penalty not being called on the last play does not mean that numerous ticky tack or blown calls are not responsible for the 5 point margin.
You already said you think Dak sucks. Not interested in reading your rants. If you don’t like our QB, or the officiating don’t watch the games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Those calls are marginal . And the more he complains about it the less likely they are to be called.

We have got to stop whining about the officiating. We had opportunities to overcome the poor officiating. Good teams do. We still choked in the end .

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Where did I say I was happy with it? All I’m saying is there isn’t anything you can do about it when you have human beings officiating games. Most calls are judgment calls and not everyone has the same judgment. Again, if the officiating bothers you that much, don’t watch the NFL.
If you dont like my observations, stop responding to my posts. Dont read my posts. Simple as that. The fact that officiating is either incompetent or corrupt will only reach a critical mass with people like me pushing back and not blithely accepting garbage like you. Pretending like you are Stevie Wonder does nobody any good.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Apparently some believe we are watching Fake Football.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you dont like my observations, stop responding to my posts. Dont read my posts. Simple as that. The fact that officiating is either incompetent or corrupt will only reach a critical mass with people like me pushing back and not blithely accepting garbage like you.
Won’t be responding to them anymore. :thumbup:

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Those calls are marginal . And the more he complains about it the less likely they are to be called.

We have got to stop whining about the officiating. We had opportunities to overcome the poor officiating. Good teams do. We still choked in the end .
They are not marginal but blatant and egregious. Listen to Micah, he is the one being held.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
You already said you think Dak sucks. Not interested in reading your rants. If you don’t like our QB, or the officiating don’t watch the games.
He does suck. It does not matter what I like or dislike. The prood is in the pudding but does not obviate the need for competent officiating.