Michael Bush's Stock Likely to Drop Again

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hostile;1429837 said:
We gambled on Chris Canty in the 4th. This could be another situation like that.

I agree. At this point, it's a question of risk/reward. We are starting to get at the point where most of the guys we are drafting later in the draft will not make our team. I just think it's a good time to start evaluating these kinds of opportunities. JMO

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1429847 said:
watch the Pats draft him

That would be a logical move for them IMO. Heck, any number of teams could look at this as an opportunity. Houston is not solid at RB IMO. Green is not a long term answer and Davis/Williams is in the same boat IMO. A pick like this could pay dividends for them. Green Bay is another team, that IMO, could pick a guy like this and wait for him just a bit. Would work well in there offense. The Giants have Jacobs but who knows if he's going to prove to be the back they need long term. Bush is a back that could step into Barber's role nicely. Strong runner and good receiver out of the backfield. Jets need a lot now but a pick like this could really save them from having to spend a high pick on this position. They can afford to wait because they are not going to be good enough to win it all next year anyway. This would be an outstanding pick for Philly if he managed to come back strong. Philly has needed a carry the load back for a long time. Would extend Westbrook's career and really add punch to an offense that is pretty good already. McNappie is exactly the kind of QB that would maximis Bush's abilities to catch the ball. Lots of teams could make use of this guy IMO.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1429873 said:
That would be a logical move for them IMO. Heck, any number of teams could look at this as an opportunity. Houston is not solid at RB IMO. Green is not a long term answer and Davis/Williams is in the same boat IMO. A pick like this could pay dividends for them. Green Bay is another team, that IMO, could pick a guy like this and wait for him just a bit. Would work well in there offense. The Giants have Jacobs but who knows if he's going to prove to be the back they need long term. Bush is a back that could step into Barber's role nicely. Strong runner and good receiver out of the backfield. Jets need a lot now but a pick like this could really save them from having to spend a high pick on this position. They can afford to wait because they are not going to be good enough to win it all next year anyway. This would be an outstanding pick for Philly if he managed to come back strong. Philly has needed a carry the load back for a long time. Would extend Westbrook's career and really add punch to an offense that is pretty good already. McNappie is exactly the kind of QB that would maximis Bush's abilities to catch the ball. Lots of teams could make use of this guy IMO.

why I say the Pats draft him, is because they are good at finding value and drafting players who don't look like a contributor, but they could use his pounding style behind the speed and slashing abilities of Maroney when he gets healthy, and just signed Sammy Morris that would allow him to get healthy

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1429880 said:
why I say the Pats draft him, is because they are good at finding value and drafting players who don't look like a contributor, but they could use his pounding style behind the speed and slashing abilities of Maroney when he gets healthy, and just signed Sammy Morris that would allow him to get healthy

I agree Bob. Pats have made a living at signing guys that they don't neccessarily need right then and developed them. They draft guys who are smart, have talent and fit there system regardless of need. It has definatly worked for them over the past few years.

lkelly

Reaction score
lkelly;1429251 said:
I seem to remember reading about some strange situation that basically forced him to come out. It may have had to do with an insurance policy he took out before the season. In essence it would have cost him a lot of money out of pocket (I think) to return for another year.

That broken leg cost him a great deal.

Perhaps this is how it went...

He took out a $2 million policy going into his junior year that paid off if he suffered a career ending injury. That insurance policy isn't free, by the way. His broken leg wasn't deemed career ending, so he couldn't collect. Fast forward to this year and suddenly he has to make payments on that policy. Financially, his only option is to go to the NFL.

jay cee

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1429873 said:
This would be an outstanding pick for Philly if he managed to come back strong. Philly has needed a carry the load back for a long time. Would extend Westbrook's career and really add punch to an offense that is pretty good already. McNappie is exactly the kind of QB that would maximis Bush's abilities to catch the ball. Lots of teams could make use of this guy IMO.

I agree with all the points you made ABQ, but you were exactly on point about the Eagles. The lack of a carry the load back, has IMO, been their biggest downfall.

I hope that doesn't change anytime soon.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hostile;1429682 said:
It is possible he could have been the 1st or 2nd RB taken. No way that happens now. There's no denying this kid has talent though. I hate this kind of stuff. Years ago Georgia Tech had a safety named Pat Swilling. he was a cousin of Saints LB Ken I believe. Had he come out as a Junior I think he might have been a top 10 pick. Decided to stay for his Senior year and got hurt. He was nowhere near the player he used to be. That is why though I always hope these kids will stay in college I can't blame them when they don't. I think Bush didn't have the option to stay though. Didn't somebody point that out because of an insurance policy?

who is ken swilling? i think you got the names reversed.....cause Pat Swilling was that stud of a LB for the Saints during the late 80s and early 90s

but yes i agree.....it sucks when injuries screw up a kids chance to have an awesome career