Michael Gallup at 468 Yards; Cooks at 452; Who Gets 1,000 in 2023?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Cooks has a slightly higher average and 4 TDs while it looks like Gallup only has 1 TD.

Do either one of these guys get 1,000 yards? I believe both are capable.

Who ends up with more yards for this season?

I need at least three more TDs from Gallup this regular season.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
It'll only get harder as our opponents get better. So I say no. But that won't matter as stats wont win us games. I'd rather take a 10-7 win than a 33-36 loss.

The offense's job against teams like the Eagles or Miami will be to keep their offenses off the field and our defense rested. Short passes, run plays etc... maybe the occasional bomb down the field against weaker secondaries, Dak seems to be able to connect with CD, Cooks etc... but Mike needs to be clever and stall the games. Let Bland score the TDs. :p

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Franky I am shocked they have that many yards.
Cooks coming on stronger the last few games but prior to that He and Gallup have been none factors IMO.

However you have Gallup, Cooks and FERGUSON with a total of 1230 yards and 9 TDs.

Just goes to show that the ball is getting distributed to a number of players.

FalseStart75Pozderac

Reaction score
Maybe one gets to 900 and the other gets to 700. If that's the case - great. They would still be getting more targets and yards than the first half of the season.

While its cool to have two 1000 yard receivers on a team, it might be even better to have 4 guys with 700 yards plus. With 4 guys that productive its pick your poison.

John813

Reaction score
Seeing how Gallup is losing snaps to Tolbert, I doubt he gets close.
Cooks at least has that top end speed to get some YAC/separation. He was a non factor early on and on this win streak has been incorporated more.
I think it's unlikely, but he's way more likely to sniff 1,000 yards than Gallup.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Cooks has a slightly higher average and 4 TDs while it looks like Gallup only has 1 TD.

It’s a steep climb with only 6 games remaining. Cooks has the best chance. He is a better player than Gallup.

Nav22

Reaction score
Gallup has 357 yards, not 468.

Either way, neither will get to 1,000.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Neither. Target distribution doesn't favor that goal.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Gallup has 357 yards, not 468?

He has no chance to get to 1,000. IMO, we're watching his final games as a Cowboy. The Joneses won't pay $10 million to a jag, they have 2 young guys who can be at least as productive for a lot less $.

At least in the case of Cooks, he's come to life and is contributing.

blueblood70

Reaction score

no but unimportant spread the love that's what I say it works better when you have those types of guys as role players including adding tober and Ferguson in there to where when they're doing everything they can to stop CD lamb that these dudes are gonna eat but it'll be spread around and more balance I don't think any of them make it to 1000 I think they get around 750 each...