Michael Gallup at 468 Yards; Cooks at 452; Who Gets 1,000 in 2023?

gtb1943

Reaction score
The fact that we have several players that Dak can count on is a VERY good thing. Teams that have only a couple go to guys get shut down in the playoffs. You have to have three and hopefully four players you can go to when it matters.
I see no chance at all that any of the others get close; the only way that happens is if CD goes down with an injury.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Franky I am shocked they have that many yards.
Cooks coming on stronger the last few games but prior to that He and Gallup have been none factors IMO.

However you have Gallup, Cooks and FERGUSON with a total of 1230 yards and 9 TDs.

Just goes to show that the ball is getting distributed to a number of players.
I actually disagree. Combined, they have almost 1,000. Their production together has really opened up the offense for Dak and Cee Dee. The fact they make defenses account for them, gets the other players open.

We need these two to keep it up. By the time the playoffs come around, we'll have an even healthier Gallup, hopefully. And our two youngsters, Jalen and Jalen, should also be able to contribute. I'm getting more faith in them every game.

You know what surprises me? Jake Ferguson has 40 receptions for 421 yards, 4 TDs, and 10.5 average. Not bad for our rookie. He should be even better next year!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Neither player will get 1000 is my opinion.
I personally think Cooks gets 1,000. Gallup will get 850. They'll be active these next few games. At least, that should be the game plan.

Gallup has 357 yards, not 468.

Either way, neither will get to 1,000.
I stand corrected. I must have been looking at his 2022 totals.

Back to the question, I still say Cooks ends up with 1,000 yards by game 17. Just my hunch.

Last edited:

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I personally think Cooks gets 1,000. Gallup will get 850. They'll be active these next few games. At least, that should be the game plan.

I stand corrected. I must have been looking at his 2022 totals.

Back to the question, I still say Cooks ends up with 1,000 yards by game 17. Just my hunch.
Cooks probably isn't going to play the final game. Dallas isn't likely to be playing for anything, so it'll probably be all backups.

Nav22

Reaction score
I actually disagree. Combined, they have almost 1,000. Their production together has really opened up the offense for Dak and Cee Dee. The fact they make defenses account for them, gets the other players open.

We need these two to keep it up. By the time the playoffs come around, we'll have an even healthier Gallup, hopefully. And our two youngsters, Jalen and Jalen, should also be able to contribute. I'm getting more faith in them every game.

You know what surprises me? Jake Ferguson has 40 receptions for 421 yards, 4 TDs, and 10.5 average. Not bad for our rookie. He should be even better next year!
Ferguson's in his 2nd year.

Praxit

Reaction score
wow, didnt know Gallup had that many yards. Interesting.

I personally feel, Cooks gets closer to 1K.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
wow, didnt know Gallup had that many yards. Interesting.

I personally feel, Cooks gets closer to 1K.
He doesn't. I accidentally typed last year's numbers, for all of 2022. Still, not terrible for Gallup, considering he was slow coming off his injury, which happens. His stats don't always show what he brings, though. Just having to account for him, can help the offense be productive.

Not everyone can be CeeDee Lamb.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Neither will get 1000 yards of this season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We should win out.

This team can win out.
You’re beyond optimistic if you think both Cooks and Gallup can get 1000 yards this season and that we can win out. I don’t think any of that will happen.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Ok but even if they do they still probably won't be playing anything.

And it's really unlikely - the odds of winning 9 in a row, no matter how good a team you are, is pretty small
It is small.

But any team that could do that, would likely be the kind of team that can do win 9 straight to the title.

And, to me, this team seems like the kind of team that is coming on at the end of the season, and really could close out the season at 9-0. Just a silly hunch. And, of course, I could be wrong. I can always be wrong. And this time, I probably am.

Still. They heard it all about the Cardinals, the 9ers, the Eagles.. That's gotta piss them off.

That said, I think there are three capable of it. But it would depend on which one is strongest in January.