Video: Michael Gallup - In Case You Forgot

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah we know he’s good and most likely too good for us to keep.

I feel bad for him because I know he probably loves being on this team but I won’t feel too bad for him when he’s making 10 mill a year minimum next season up in New England or somewhere like that.

Jipper

Reaction score
I keep seeing these threads about trading this guy. Yet I have to wonder if the people wanting to jettison this player really recall what a threat he is.

I think most all understand how valuable he is, but they also know he is likely gone after this season.

Given how our wrs have performed i think most advocating trading are saying only do so for a 2nd round pick or better (which will not happen), in order to get good value

All this given he will net a 3rd or 4th comp pick anyways

Tussinman

Reaction score
I think he should stay. His 1st year cap hit is low and his 2nd and 3rd year salary could be acquired by moving on from Cooper if cap becomes too high or injuries get worst for him.

2022 should have all 3 WRs back and then 2023/2024 at worst should be Gallup/Lamb combo

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
The trade talk is because the Cowboys would lose him and get nothing in return.

I can understand that but if the Cowboys want to make a deep run now, WR depth is more important than trading him for someone or something at this moment.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I keep seeing these threads about trading this guy. Yet I have to wonder if the people wanting to jettison this player really recall what a threat he is.

I'm looking forward to having him back in the lineup. My views on any trade is directed to overall benefit of the Cowboys. I highly doubt any team would offer a 1st rd pick but by some chance that happen given the cap situation and knowing we will likely not retain him next season and knowing rookie pay is very manageable. Outside of a 1st I gladly keep Gallup and have not forgotten the big play potential he brings to this team

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

I can understand that but if the Cowboys want to make a deep run now, WR depth is more important than trading him for someone or something at this moment.

If we lose him in FA— we would get a nice comp pick if we don’t go big in FA to replace him. He was a third round pick— and we may get that back as a comp pick— so I say keep him for the stretch run

conner01

Reaction score
If we lose him in FA— we would get a nice comp pick if we don’t go big in FA to replace him. He was a third round pick— and we may get that back as a comp pick— so I say keep him for the stretch run
I don’t see us going big in FA since we are already over the cap for next year with only 45 signed

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I think most all understand how valuable he is, but they also know he is likely gone after this season.

Given how our wrs have performed i think most advocating trading are saying only do so for a 2nd round pick or better (which will not happen), in order to get good value

All this given he will net a 3rd or 4th comp pick anyways

@Bobhaze posted this morning about how two things can be true. I love Gallup. Became a fan during the draft process. Would love to keep him. BUT I have to consider any alternatives that net me a return greater than the comp pick we will get if he leaves. It's just business.

If you turned him into a 2nd round pick & netted another Diggs on a rookie contract, think anyone would be complaining?

Only the FO can truly say what their plans are regarding managing the cap and thus who is allowed to leave. Without knowing all the details of such things, we can only react based on emotion.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think jettison is a mischaracterization. It’s about getting something for him now or watching him leave and (conditionally) getting something a year later.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amari is not getting any younger.
However I would also say that CeeDee will be wanting a better contract in a couple of years as well.

Maxmadden

Reaction score

Yeah right, it's not like Cooper is on the injury list every week. Different team when you start Lamb and Wilson.

Like to see him return but if he walks we should get a good comp pick next year, and we keep our depth for this year.