Video: Michael Gallup - In Case You Forgot

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Fans/Haters can type what they wish. Doesn't mean it will happen. Lol. There's no way the Jones' nor coaching staff will release a player from any position that took so long to have multiple weapons.

If they can still pay Jaylon while playing for another team, Dallas can certainly afford to keep Gallup.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I don’t see us going big in FA since we are already over the cap for next year with only 45 signed

Have they already declared what the cap even is yet for next year? I am sure we can restructure and/or cut to get where we need to be.

Regardless— we won’t be big spenders anyway because, well— we never are lol

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If we can continue to draft good like last year and this year, we can keep fresh young bodies on the field, and the salaries as low as we possibly can. We have Diggs, Schultz, our safeties, to pay real soon.

I think we could possibly part with Jarwin, Tank, Connor or even Collins, and fill those holes in the draft since we're good at drafting now. Plus the salary cap will rise significantly, we can restructure our big contracts, etc. I say keep the band together on offense and be creative on defense.

Big_D

Reaction score
Amari Cooper isn't getting younger. Wilson is solid, but Gallup is a better WR.

it comes down to one or the other. Cooper, Lamb and Wilson or Gallup, Lamb and Wilson. Team will have a tough financial decision to make.

Reactions: G2

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
The trade talk is because the Cowboys would lose him and get nothing in return.

I can understand that but if the Cowboys want to make a deep run now, WR depth is more important than trading him for someone or something at this moment.
Yeah I want to go all in this year. This feels like our chance to win it all. Worry about Gallup in the offseason.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Gallup is a good 2 in this league. 1 is a big stretch.
I would venture to say that while Gallup is not a "sure fire" #1 WR in the NFL, he is a #1 WR on about 10-15 teams in this league.

But I really, really, really hope other teams don't feel the same way. I would love to see Coop, Lamb and Gallup back in 22.

conner01

Reaction score
Have they already declared what the cap even is yet for next year? I am sure we can restructure and/or cut to get where we need to be.

Regardless— we won’t be big spenders anyway because, well— we never are lol
It’s estimated but it’s generally pretty close
We are 13 mil over estimating it goes up to 208
So any extra puts us less over but that’s a big jump
That’s without Gallup, Wilson, CW, LVE and some of our major contributors this year on one year deals so I don’t see a big shopping spree
We can make more room and we will carry some over that will help but there ain’t gonna be much room for big spending

Silly

Reaction score
I like Gallup but he has not shown this to be true yet.

I wonder though. For whatever reason Dak and Gallup have a hard time connecting. At least, I always recall poor balls thrown to him.

Praxit

Reaction score
...he's good but probably playing last year as cowboy. Going to want nice contract.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We will need Gallup healthy to make a run. Wilson. Has made some plays but Gallup is a better deep threat and more consistent.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Cooper is 27, he could easily play another 5 years.
Cooper is 27
Gallup is 25
You're right, but Cooper has more miles and can't get through a season without injuries. That's really my worry. You could argue Cooper is a generational talent, but it still makes me nervous. It's only a 2 year age difference, but wear & tear should be considered. I wouldn't suggest 5 years would be easily done without obstacles.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
You're right, but Cooper has more miles and can't get through a season without injuries. That's really my worry. You could argue Cooper is a generational talent, but it still makes me nervous. It's only a 2 year age difference, but wear & tear should be considered. I wouldn't suggest 5 years would be easily done without obstacles.

But Gallup has missed more time for the Cowboys than Coop has. Coops always just "banged up" but has never missed a game.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I keep seeing these threads about trading this guy. Yet I have to wonder if the people wanting to jettison this player really recall what a threat he is.

We need him to make a possible run, if he signs elsewhere in the offseason, he probably nets us a 3rd rd comp. No team is giving up a 1 for him, especially if a ODB maybe on the market.