Video: Michael Gallup - In Case You Forgot

Ren

Reaction score
Wish keeping him was realistic cause he’s got a little Dez in him specially in the redzone, but he’s gonna cost to much

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We need him to make a possible run, if he signs elsewhere in the offseason, he probably nets us a 3rd rd comp. No team is giving up a 1 for him, especially if a ODB maybe on the market.

Just thinking this......what's his value, maybe 2nd, depending on the team.

Paradox

Reaction score
He's not only a deep threat but also a beast in the red zone. I wish they could find a way to keep him here. This trio of receivers is as talented as we've ever had. But Gallup would be the best receiver on at least a handful of teams in the NFL, so they'll probably get some really good trade offers and pull the trigger.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I keep seeing these threads about trading this guy. Yet I have to wonder if the people wanting to jettison this player really recall what a threat he is.

Jerry Jones, you need to watch this tape and find a way to keep Michael Gallup! He's too good to let go, regardless of the team's salary cap issues.

Like someone's else previously said, you keep Gallup because Cooper is always getting injured and CeeDee needs another 2+ years to truly work his way up to a #1 type of WR. Plus, by keeping Gallup (could be had for about $10 million/year), you could literally let go of Amari Cooper (and his $20+ million/year contract) after next year. That's a savings of $10 million/year which you could use to resign CeeDee.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I think he should stay. His 1st year cap hit is low and his 2nd and 3rd year salary could be acquired by moving on from Cooper if cap becomes too high or injuries get worst for him.

2022 should have all 3 WRs back and then 2023/2024 at worst should be Gallup/Lamb combo
I think that s the best case scenario . . . and I like it:thumbup:

Macnalty

Reaction score
The trade talk is because the Cowboys would lose him and get nothing in return.

I can understand that but if the Cowboys want to make a deep run now, WR depth is more important than trading him for someone or something at this moment.
I beg to differ, this defense is suspect and could surely use some help, yes they are better than last year but that is a low bar. We will have our hands full beating Cards and Bucs just to get out of the NFC and isn't that the point? my two cents

Jenky

Reaction score
Jerry Jones, you need to watch this tape and find a way to keep Michael Gallup! He's too good to let go, regardless of the team's salary cap issues.

Like someone's else previously said, you keep Gallup because Cooper is always getting injured and CeeDee needs another 2+ years to truly work his way up to a #1 type of WR. Plus, by keeping Gallup (could be had for about $10 million/year), you could literally let go of Amari Cooper (and his $20+ million/year contract) after next year. That's a savings of $10 million/year which you could use to resign CeeDee.

Michael Gallup has missed more games due to injury in his 4 year career than Amari Cooper has in his 7 year career.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I wonder though. For whatever reason Dak and Gallup have a hard time connecting. At least, I always recall poor balls thrown to him.

I think this was a problem in 2018 and 2019. I don't recall seeing it be much of a problem last year when Gallup was on pace for over 1100 yards and was averaging over 20 yards per reception. Gallup was not a polished route runner coming into the league.. He was a "9" guy.. He has improved by leaps and bounds since then. I would be very much in favor of keeping him but it would have to be on a team friendly deal.

starfan1

Reaction score
I like gallup hes my 3rd favorite player on this team but he benefits greatly from the receivers on the other side. once he has to become the number 1, i don't believe hell be as productive but I believe in him getting that chance.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
If he costs half as much as Amari (making 20 million next season), I say re-sign him and cut Amari after the season. If he costs 15+ per season, let him go. Amari is better but not worth twice as much.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yep, dude is a legit #1 WR.

Gallup will turn out to be another mirage WR#1.

And this year he's going to have serious trouble getting targets, with the emergence of Lamb, Schultz, and the run game. He could be passed up by Cedrick. Probably not, but Cedrick is his main competitor now.

Flamma

Reaction score
I keep seeing these threads about trading this guy. Yet I have to wonder if the people wanting to jettison this player really recall what a threat he is.

I've always been on the side of resigning him. They could get away with it if they move on from Cooper after 2022. The problem is, we don't know how much he's asking. For all we know, he wants to be paid like Cooper.