Twitter: Michael Gallup on the Around the NFL Podcast

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You have seen him play, do you see a legitimate #2 receiver? Clearly he wasn’t anywhere near Lamb or Cooper
I believe he's a high-end No. 3 that we tried to make a No. 2 because we didn't want to pay both him and Cooper. He was younger, Lamb was ready to be a No. 1 and Coop didn't play up to his contract, especially that last year. Gallup is back in the role that is best for him. He can thrive being the third wheel, just like Cobb came in and had a very nice year for us as the No. 3.

You need three quality receivers these days and now we have it again with the addition of Cooks. I don't really care who's the No. 2 or No. 3. I only care about having a corps that creates pressure on the defense and allows the offense to move the ball.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Sadly it reflects the mental aspect of todays WRs , more finesse and less tough. last year we saw our receivers giving up relatively easy when bullied by defenders and not fight for the ball which lead to some interceptions.
Gallup had several mental errors , may be didnt trust his knee to make those cuts ?

Irvin, Dez even TO were example of tougher receivers who get the ball.
How'd Dez do after his Achilles?

CWR

Reaction score
You have seen him play, do you see a legitimate #2 receiver? Clearly he wasn’t anywhere near Lamb or Cooper

Yes I saw him ball out for 1100 yards. Then I saw him deal with qb injuries and his own injuries. He's still young.

Lamb and Cooper are clear wr1s, crappy comparison.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yes I saw him ball out for 1100 yards. Then I saw him deal with qb injuries and his own injuries. He's still young.

Lamb and Cooper are clear wr1s, crappy comparison.
I think the day of having three receivers over 1k are over as we don't have a terrible defense any longer and they want to achieve more of a balanced attack. For Gallup moving forward, he first needs to become more available on the injury front, not only did he have the acl but also has missed several games with other things. Think most of all he needs more consistency in his game. He does get a mulligan for last year coming back from major injury, but must rebound in a big way or he will not be on this roster much longer, as he isn't on a rookie deal any more.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I believe he's a high-end No. 3 that we tried to make a No. 2 because we didn't want to pay both him and Cooper. He was younger, Lamb was ready to be a No. 1 and Coop didn't play up to his contract, especially that last year. Gallup is back in the role that is best for him. He can thrive being the third wheel, just like Cobb came in and had a very nice year for us as the No. 3.

You need three quality receivers these days and now we have it again with the addition of Cooks. I don't really care who's the No. 2 or No. 3. I only care about having a corps that creates pressure on the defense and allows the offense to move the ball.
I agree, he is in his ideal role again and is more of an high end #3 WR. Last yr was a disaster at the position, but they should be in much better shape this yr. Bigger worry is at TE in the passing game, replacing Shultz's production.

CWR

Reaction score
I think the day of having three receivers over 1k are over as we don't have a terrible defense any longer and they want to achieve more of a balanced attack. For Gallup moving forward, he first needs to become more available on the injury front, not only did he have the acl but also has missed several games with other things. Think most of all he needs more consistency in his game. He does get a mulligan for last year coming back from major injury, but must rebound in a big way or he will not be on this roster much longer, as he isn't on a rookie deal any more.

Agreed, he's going to have to make the most of his opportunities. Cooks is perpetually under rated and I believe will command targets with his game play. Gallup will need to capitalize when given the chance.

Redline360

Reaction score
Always say this with major injuries. With today's procedures, recovery time, and technology most athletes return to normal or close to normal physical wise. It's always the mental game you must over come 90% of the time.

You can still see this in Dak as he still seems not 100% mentally recovered from his injury. Which I don't blame him cause that was pretty nasty

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Agreed, he's going to have to make the most of his opportunities. Cooks is perpetually under rated and I believe will command targets with his game play. Gallup will need to capitalize when given the chance.
He is going to see more single coverage then the other two and needs to take advantage of those match-ups.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Coming off the injury a d trying to be a #2 was clearly too much for him. He will thrive being a #3 guy this year.