CFZ Michael Gallup Quietly Out-Producing Brandin Cooks Trough 4 Games

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An illiterate Southerner. Those of us who are educated Southerners understand that it is short for you all and therefore takes an apostrophe. Don't lump us all in together.
Oooo...so serious!

So you are saying "educated" Southerners say and spell "ya'll" in every single sentence on their sports internet forums. L l
Mkay.:rolleyes:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It feels like people in the south seem to have no clue
that "y'all" or "yall" has been taken from them and re-used in the urban areas all across the country.
And stolen by pandering sports forum commenters to look bougey and avoid saying who they are actually talking about. Lazy and dishonest.
Not surprised....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The team has made a concerted effort the past two weeks to get Gallop involved. Now they have to try and get Cooks involved. He looked good in training camp practices but games and practices are two different things.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
We are not using cooks right. Get him out in space and deep down middle. We don’t have aggressive passing scheme. Dumb short throws and wr screens.
McCarthy's playbook is limited by what he has to work with at QB. No Aaron Rodgers.

RoboQB

Reaction score
And stolen by pandering sports forum commenters to look bougey and avoid saying who they are actually talking about. Lazy and dishonest.
Not surprised....
Personally, I'm not a fan of it in written form.
It's looks juvenile and ignorant.
However, if it's coming from a Southern Belle,
it sounds pretty good to me.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gallup has had a couple good games where he's fighting for the ball. That's 2 more than all of last year. Glad to see it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Strange thread.
Cooks has been injured and we have been ahead by two TDs most of 3 games.
Cooks has played 50 less snaps than Gallup.

I believe we will need Cooks speed this week versus SF.

But Gallup is doing a good job on underneath stuff which is a great sign he can be the WR2 for a long time.

erod

Reaction score
Cooks was brought here to stretch the defense, not out-produce the starting wideouts.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Gallup 13 receptions for 165 yards, 29 long, 12.7 YPC, and no TDs (yet). I say 7 by the season's end. He's a redzone threat if you allow him to be, just not an obvious one.

The knock on Brandin Cooks, and exactly why he's been around on so many different teams: because he gets a lot of production, but doesn't produce a lot of points (look it up), so his cost ends up not being worth the value in money (in terms of cashing into production to help win games).

Brandin Cooks 8 receptions for 66 yards, 8.3 yards a catch with a long of 16 yards, and no TDs.

Remember all the ones saying Gallup was washed? Nah, he's just coming back in time to earn his keep around here. He helped us get the game going today and once he gets going we're impossible to stop, I think.

Sometimes you just need that pesky possession receiver who can eat up clock and chew away at your morale. Then, you rev up the engine and floor the WCO. I think this offense is coming around. I think the Patriots are a better team than your usual 1-3 team, but they are what they are. They didn't have the QB to beat a defense like ours today.

Anyway, I love to see Micael Gallup coming around. He's a fun player to me because he's just such a humble guy off the field. Love me some MG. I don't care what y'all say.
He's not thinking about his knee anymore, Gallup is ready to rock and roll! Now it's on Prescot to get him the ball................

erod

Reaction score
The team has made a concerted effort the past two weeks to get Gallop involved. Now they have to try and get Cooks involved. He looked good in training camp practices but games and practices are two different things.
The just need to make a concerted effort to score touchdowns and stop kicking field goals.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This is 100% the result of the play caller.
:hammer:

Might as well drop any notions that our WRs are going to produce big numbers. This new offense is not about long passes. Dak is almost bottom of the league in YPA. And if the defense or turnovers jump ahead early, Coach Mac seems perfectly fine with guarding the ball and not losing through turnovers.

Cooks, Gallup, CeeDee, etc… they’ll all get their time in the fan overreaction sun after a streak of inactivity. Dumb for anyone to say they were right or wrong.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
After game one, 99% if CZ was whining that Gallup was toast and might as well cut him...
I'm paying attention and seeing some improvement though. He's not 100 percent back to his old self, not quite as fast, but getting there.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
We are not using cooks right. Get him out in space and deep down middle. We don’t have aggressive passing scheme. Dumb short throws and wr screens.
When it comes to variety there is no "wrong" or "right". It's not about giving these players good stats. If Cooks helps Gallup to get more open and make some plays more often then you just don't need to compare yards or catches. That's why stats can be so misleading sometimes. I don't how many plays these guys share between them, but as far as I am concerned it's all about total yardage and touchdowns, not about who scores them.

I still think we should rather get one more good corner and trade a WR (especially since Tolbert and Fergie kinda step out of the shadows now) and some picks for that, but as long as Bland fills the void that nicely, I guess we're fine.