Michael Gallup Was Built For This

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Man I can't wait to see this guy take the league by storm....

usatsi_110570041.jpg

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door. – Kyle Chandler, actor, Friday Night Lights

He might not have been raised there, he might not have gone to college there, but there’s a growing sense of optimism that Dallas Cowboys’ third-round selection Michael Gallup is ready for a Texas Forever designation.

There is not a bigger question mark entering this upcoming season than the wide receiver position for the Dallas Cowboys. Not only did the team lose Dez Bryant, who was the team’s unquestioned No. 1 for the past eight years, but the only two returning receivers with meaningful experience (Cole Beasley, Terrance Williams) are coming off of down seasons.

The front office addressed this issue with numbers this offseason, adding veterans Allen Hurns, Deonte Thompson and Tavon Austin. While these three will have an important role, none have never been a No. 1 before, and at this point in their careers it would be surprising to see them break out in that role.

Despite quarterback Dak Prescott insisting he doesn’t need a No. 1receiver, when the game is on the line and someone needs to make a play downfield then someone will have to step up. That’s where Gallup comes in.

More here....
http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/29/dallas-cowboys-michael-gallup-2018-player-profile/

Last edited:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Reminds me kind of a Marvin Harrison-type. I don't anticipate that type of career for him, but if he can be a solid starter with some 1,000 yard seasons, job well done by the scouts.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Gallup and Twill as starters, I'm with ... Beasley in the slot. Hurns as our 4th receiver. Other than the TE position, our receivers are fine. We didn't lost when Dez was cut ... Dez was a Loud mouth ranting and raving on sidelines, that's not good for a young team ...

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lol. JJ kills me. Way to give a underhand comment to our other WR. Gallup is better than anything we have here. Lol.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Gallup and Twill as starters, I'm with ... Beasley in the slot. Hurns as our 4th receiver. Other than the TE position, our receivers are fine. We didn't lost when Dez was cut ... Dez was a Loud mouth ranting and raving on sidelines, that's not good for a young team ...
Our WR corps got better on April 13th.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? The throw was off. He beat Patrick Peterson down the middle. THAT should be the biggest takeaway from that play. The same throw from the QB he has been practicing with since becoming a Cowboy (Dak) ends in 6pts.
Throw was not bad. He jumped before the ball got there. He misjudged it completely. Did not need to jump-needed to run through.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Throw was not bad. He jumped before the ball got there. He misjudged it completely. Did not need to jump-needed to run through.
Yeah. You're right. The world is perfect and all of our 1s were playing Sunday night.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
somebody needs to do the kid a solid and change his freaking jersey number. I don't care if he likes it or not.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yeah. You're right. The world is perfect and all of our 1s were playing Sunday night.

See, you say you are not impressed with one play and here comes the label. Just making a point since everyone is on the hype train. I will just wait for the season!