Michael Gallup Was Built For This

blueblood70

Reaction score
I saw PI too..he was early wrapping him.
yup even the announcer said it sould have been but Peterson reputation got the flag left in the pocket..live it was spoken..Gallup is good I feel we got something in him, hes been overthrown and underthrown for would be TDs already 3Xs this Preseason..

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It was not a great pass. Should have led him across the field (no safety), but still looked like he could got there had he not jumped so soon.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You don't jump up for a ball behind you. If he doesn't jump, the ball lands forward of where he jumped.

That’s not true. While I think the ball was catchable if he times the jump better, the ball was heading on an angle, opposite of the angle that Gallup was running. The ball was not flying on a trajectory to intersect with the trajectory that Gallup was running. You can tell because Gallup was running with an angle to his left. However the ball landed to Gallup’s right side.

So running through the route through wasn’t an option. that’s why jumping was necessary. Unfortunately he timed the jump poorly.

GMO415

Reaction score
I don't expect him to be Randy Moss out the gate, but in time; he may be special.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That’s not true. While I think the ball was catchable if he times the jump better, the ball was heading on an angle, opposite of the angle that Gallup was running. The ball was not flying on a trajectory to intersect with the trajectory that Gallup was running. You can tell because Gallup was running with an angle to his left. However the ball landed to Gallup’s right side.

So running through the route through wasn’t an option. that’s why jumping was necessary. Unfortunately he timed the jump poorly.

You got video?

My recollection is that the route was basically a fly. He's going downfield. The Ball is going downfield.

Aven8

Reaction score
True. But he beat Peterson which people don’t do often if ever. Just mistimed the jump. If that’s Dak, that’s 6

Yes he did. Didn't judge the ball right, but he was playing with different QB's as well. Guy can run a route.

davidariust24

Reaction score
I love this kid. In my opinion he reminds me of Reggie Wayne in every way. His size, savvy, and around the same speed and his great route running. I think he is going to be a very good player. You can tell. You can see it. Him and Dak will develop nicely together. Here is another great tidbit. We drafted cedrick Wilson from Boise and his skill set is very similar to Gallup. He will be back next year, but back to Gallup I can't wait to see how he does vs the best CBs in the league. Ramsey and obouye in Jacksonville and Peterson and Sherman. Jenkins with the giants Josh Norman and others . I think he will do well

HungryLion

Reaction score
You got video?

My recollection is that the route was basically a fly. He's going downfield. The Ball is going downfield.

It’s clear in the video posted to Marcus Moshers Twitter. On this thread.

After Gallup’s leap, and look where the ball lands in relation to where Gallup was running prior to the jump.

Also, Gallup was running a post route. Not a fly. The ball is supposed to be thrown towards the middle of the field. Not on Gallup’s outside shoulder.

davidariust24

Reaction score
I love this kid. In my opinion he reminds me of Reggie Wayne in every way. His size, savvy, and around the same speed and his great route running. I think he is going to be a very good player. You can tell. You can see it. Him and Dak will develop nicely together. Here is another great tidbit. We drafted cedrick Wilson from Boise and his skill set is very similar to Gallup. He will be back next year, but back to Gallup I can't wait to see how he does vs the best CBs in the league. Ramsey and obouye in Jacksonville and Peterson and Sherman. Jenkins with the giants Josh Norman and others . I think he will do well
I had to look again he won't see Peterson or Sherman but the division CBs like Jenkins and Norman and the Philly corners are who I can't wait to see him compete against