Michael Huff is exactly what Dallas needs

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Is there any way Dallas can come out of the 1st round with Michael Huff without having to give away next year's 1st?

Man, would I be happy with that pick. And I usually don't like using a 1st on the secondary.

Z-Man

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Is there any way Dallas can come out of the 1st round with Michael Huff without having to give away next year's 1st?

Man, would I be happy with that pick. And I usually don't like using a 1st on the secondary.
Yeah he's a stud.
From the recent scuttlebutt he's top 10 now. Would Dallas be willing to 1.) give up all they would have to move up and get him? 2.) give a 4th member of the secondary big bucks when they have other holes to fill?

I would be happy to have him but I don't think it's likely.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I wouldn't give up anything to move up to get him. If he falls I would take him. I just think there are too many similar safeties that will be their in the 2nd round i.e. Donte Whitner and Jason Allen

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

Jimmy Williams; a player who could be there when Dallas picks, is similar to Huff in both ability and versatility.

IMO they're Huff and Williams are 1a. and 1b.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

I would be happy with Huff, but although you may laugh, I have become intrigued with Manny Lawson as our 1st rd pick. I really believe this guy is going to be a Pro Bowl player in the near future.

I want Ware and Lawson to anchor our D for the next 10 years!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'd rather draft Griffin in the 4th or 5th, if we had a 4th.

neosapien23

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I would be happy with Huff, but although you may laugh, I have become intrigued with Manny Lawson as our 1st rd pick. I really believe this guy is going to be a Pro Bowl player in the near future.

I want Ware and Lawson to anchor our D for the next 10 years!

Lawson is extremely fast, but he needs to put weight on. He only weighs 240 pounds. Thats not big enough to play in the 3-4. I would defintely take him in the first if he is the BPA. I just got a feeling that Jimmy Williams is going to slip and be there at 18. If he is, Dallas will probably draft him to play FS despite having bigger needs.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Eventually we have to spend a 1st round pick on something other than Defense. Putting everything you have on one side of the ball is how you end up with a medicore team.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I would like to see us drift out of the 1st round unless someone special falls to us. We need picks picks picks, because there are tons of players between the 24th pick in the 1st round, down to the 32nd pick in the 3rd round.

In that area, we can fix this entire team with 4 to 5 starters. If you miss out on Huff or J.Williams, you can get any of these in the second or 3rd.

Jason Allen, K.O. Simpson/Pat Watkins/Daniel Bullocks/Anthony Smith/Donte Witner.

If you want a Tweener here's your list from 2nd round to late 4th round.

Stanley McClover/Kamerion Wimbley/Mark Anderson/Victor Adeyanju/Chris Gocong/Jeremy Mincy

Take your pick.

Oh you want a speed WR in the 2nd thrr 4th rounder?

Sinorice Moss,Todd Watkins, Jeff Webb,Willie Reid,Derek Hagan ,Devin Aromashodu.

Tackles & Guards are pretty plentiful in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
Jimmy Williams; a player who could be there when Dallas picks, is similar to Huff in both ability and versatility.

IMO they're Huff and Williams are 1a. and 1b.
Except Williams is a jackass.

Rudy

Reaction score
Jimmy Williams rules. He takes pride in the players he's injured. Could you imagine him next to Roy??? No one would cross the middle. They'd probably go to jail.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
Derinyar said:
Eventually we have to spend a 1st round pick on something other than Defense. Putting everything you have on one side of the ball is how you end up with a medicore team.

Santonio Holmes WR
Ohio State(tha curse of Ohio State)

Winston Justice OT
USC

Ko Simpson S
South Carolina

I am not big on gambling on first rounders but these three would suit me. Prefferably one of the first two if possible. FS is a need but whoever FS we get better cover, have speed and can hit.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Lawson is extremely fast, but he needs to put weight on. He only weighs 240 pounds. Thats not big enough to play in the 3-4. I would defintely take him in the first if he is the BPA. I just got a feeling that Jimmy Williams is going to slip and be there at 18. If he is, Dallas will probably draft him to play FS despite having bigger needs.

As a Hokie fan, I watched this guy play alot. Williams is a big time talent and it would be a steal to pick him up in the #18 position! :starspin

dallasfan

Reaction score
Joe a Cowboys fan said:
Santonio Holmes WR
Ohio State(tha curse of Ohio State).

Don't get it. Off the top of my head I can think of a lot of productive OSU guys, there's eddie george, mike doss, joey galloway (was an averege player for us and definately not worth 2 1rst, but made the pro bowl for Tampa), Terry Glenn (had his ups and downs), Orlando Pace, LeCharles Bently, Shawn Springs (another guy who has had ups and downs) and Nate Clement.

Hoffa

Benched
Reaction score
Huff is another overrated Texas player. He got totally abused by USC all game long in the Rose Bowl.

VThokie7

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
As a Hokie fan, I watched this guy play alot. Williams is a big time talent and it would be a steal to pick him up in the #18 position! :starspin

Another Hokies fan thats what I like to see. I would love to see Jimmy Williams at FS. FS would certianly mask the few weaknesses he has and he definately has no problem in the tackling department

Derinyar

Reaction score
VThokie7 said:
Another Hokies fan thats what I like to see. I would love to see Jimmy Williams at FS. FS would certianly mask the few weaknesses he has and he definately has no problem in the tackling department
So lets use 3 #1 picks on the secondary in a span of 5 years. I don't think we take a piece for the secondary here.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
While either Huff or Williams would be great picks,however I cannot see us doing that.There are alot of 2nd, 3rd round safetys we could draft and our needs at other positions would not warrent that pick. Still think it will be either LB or OT.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Rudy said:
Jimmy Williams rules. He takes pride in the players he's injured. Could you imagine him next to Roy??? No one would cross the middle. They'd probably go to jail.
we need a ball hawk ala ed reed not a propain tank driver and huff is the ball hawk