Michael Irvin: 70% of the offensive problems are Mike McCarthy; Co-host says 80%

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yup. Ignore everything else I said and laugh.

The years Romo was an all pro. He had a stacked team around him. Yall make it seem like he played with scrubs to make him look better
It's hard to get an All Pro QB nod playing on a trash team for sure. But let me ask you one question that defines the difference between Romo & Dak. Which QB threatened the defense at every level?

No defense ever went into a game against Romo with the sole plan of putting it on him to beat them. Because he could. Whether it was his scrambling, ability to change plays against their defense, ability to throw a back shoulder to a guy who was covered, make the pinpoint throw well down field, run a 3 play scoring drive to cut the lead, use unknown\unsung WR's like All Pro's, etc.. Whatever defensive scheme they used, they knew it was possible for him to find & beat the weakness.

Worst teams in the league can shut out the other QB.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The truth? It does.

He made all pro once in his career. 2014 and it was second team all pro.

Remind me again. Who play OL that year and who was the rushing leader?

The truth shall set you free.

The guy wasn’t even all pro with prime Witten and TO on his team with one of the best OL in football.

Keep lying to yourself and making Romo out to be some hero. He and Dak are the same. Good to great regular season QBs who can’t get it done when it matters and have mind blowing plays that either win you a game or cost you a game.
Bro you are embarrassing yourself.

You Dak Stanleys want to pretend that Linehan, Moore, and now McCarthy are/were these terrible offensive-minds just to defend Dak.

Was Romo an all-pro or not under Scott Linehan?

Aven8

Reaction score
Rogers wasn’t complaining when he hoisted that trophy. The only one he’s hoisted since….

shabazz

Reaction score
With the exception of CeeDee, the other receivers haven’t been good enough to give Dak the huge separation he needs to complete a pass…..and MM is to antiquated to scheme them open with motion.

The HC/OC and QB are dumb and dumber when it comes to football IQ

phildadon86

Reaction score
Bro you are embarrassing yourself.

You Dak Stanleys want to pretend that Linehan, Moore, and now McCarthy are/were these terrible offensive-minds just to defend Dak.

Was Romo an all-pro or not under Scott Linehan?
I’m not even defending Dak at all. I’m just talking about how Romo got his only all pro when he had talent around him.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It's hard to get an All Pro QB nod playing on a trash team for sure. But let me ask you one question that defines the difference between Romo & Dak. Which QB threatened the defense at every level?

No defense ever went into a game against Romo with the sole plan of putting it on him to beat them. Because he could. Whether it was his scrambling, ability to change plays against their defense, ability to throw a back shoulder to a guy who was covered, make the pinpoint throw well down field, run a 3 play scoring drive to cut the lead, use unknown\unsung WR's like All Pro's, etc.. Whatever defensive scheme they used, they knew it was possible for him to find & beat the weakness.

Worst teams in the league can shut out the other QB.
I loved Romo. I’m not even saying anything bad about him at all.

Creeper

Reaction score
The problem is culture and culture starts at the top.

But I think the problem is also McCarthy. Just ask yourselves, what was McCarthy's game plan on offense against the 49ers? Did he have one? The offense looked like it has for every other opponent.

Did the Cowboys even look at the Rams-49ers game film to see what the Rams did that was successful? While the Cowboys WRs caught 8 passes for 97 yards, the Rams Puka Nacua, a 5th round rookie, caught 15 passes himself for 147 yards. Tutu Atwell caught 7 for 77 more yards. Stafford threw for over 300 yards against the same defense that smother the Cowboys all night. Nakua is have a great year but I find it hard to believe he is better than CeeDee Lamb. And Atwell is not better than Cooks. The fact is, our game plan was awful. The Rams, who play the 49ers twice every year clearly knew what they were doing and even though they lost, they do not have anywhere near the personnel Dallas does.

How about Arizona vs SF? Did they look at that film? 2 Arizona WRs, Marquise Brown and Michael Wilson, another rookie pick (rnd 3), had 14 (7 each) catches for 172 yards. They were catching passes from Josh Dobbs, a backup who has been on almost as many teams as CeeDee Lamb had catches.

The Rams and Cardinals both showed how to move the ball against the 49ers. The Cowboys were not ready for the game that the head coach and owner/GM said was a test game. That is pretty awful IMO.

And Quinn had a bad game too. Lining up Micah on Trent Williams 18 times was not a good plan. The other side of SFs offensive line is the weak spot. I would have kept Parsons on that side, along with Lawrence and brought all my pressure from there.

stinkface

Reaction score
It's not the Texas Coast Offense MM is running. It's the Texas Toast Offense. All bread, no meat..

jgboys1

Reaction score
LOL

We heard this w Linehan

We heard this w Kellen

We are hearing it w McCarthy

Who is the common denominator?
Crazy how people can still defend this guy! When will people realize it’s Dak? I am at a loss for words. I don’t even know what to say anymore.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Was listening to a show on Fox sports while driving home.

1. McCarthy does not play to the strengths of his receivers
2. Bland, basic play calling
3. Needs to be more creative with play design to get receivers open
4. Everyone knows when a run is coming
5. If you know Dak needs to get the ball out of his hands, run routes that allow that to happen

He didn't absolve Dak or the receivers.

1. Dak needs to know when to kill a play. He does things an 8-year vet should not be doing.
2. Receivers need to fight for the ball and get more separation. Dallas receivers are the third worst in the league in getting open.

But...Dak and the receivers are only running the plays called by McCarthy.

They brought up Aaron Rodgers thoughts as well: "I had to bail him out (MM) when the situations got tough. He made one wrong play call after another. He is the lowest IQ offensive coach I ever worked with."

Take heart fellow fans, we are not the only ones ripping McCarthy apart.
Don't feel good about the future of this team at all.
Poor GMing, now poor coaching.
Tooooo much to overcome to ever be successful.
:(

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
when they beat the chargers you guys will be able to post some stats and call everybody trolls for not trusting the dak. lmao......who are we looking at in the draft?

ksadler1

Reaction score
I thought McCarthy said that Prescott was going to be allowed to call his own plays this year? I think it's time to see what he's got...