Twitter: Michael Irvin frustrated with Dak, Lamb, and Micah

Zordon

Reaction score
I get his point. Were to give $600M+ in contracts to three guys who did not show up in the playoff game, who had their entourages sniping at each other in the aftermath, and overall have not exhibited a unified collective form of leadership and commitment to the team this offseason. Good players but the lack of togetherness and collective will is a fair callout by Irvin.

Irvin s particularly bothered by the three guys — Prescott, Lamb and Parsons — who are in line for massive contract extensions. Three guys, he says, are the keys to the team. “The biggest problem is who you’re paying,” Irvin said. “We’re about to take three guys who I hear Dak’s people talking noise in the media all the time, CeeDee’s people talking on social media and Micah Parsons people, talking in the media or Micah himself.
“We got our top three guys that we’re about to give all the money in the world. And their families (are) always running their (expletive mouth) in the media. That is a hard place to be. So what it says to me is you’re about to give money to three guys that are not even together.”
“We got skill. It’s the collective will that I am worried about, Irvin said. “Tough times are going to come and they are going to be looking at one another to get through it. They toughest time came and they’re not together and they fall apart. There is no connectivity. The collective will is missing. So I’m excited but I’m only going to be as much as I see them come together through the process. If they come together, they got a shot to do it. If they don’t they won’t won’t and that’s the reality.”

Last edited:

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I wonder how Irvin and the 90s Cowboys would've handled social. Imagine all the cocaine memes, the story of Irvin stabbing a teammate, Letts drug running, and all the other stuff that happened.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Why? Those two lack tangibles. Lamb with the first down sign down 2662782 points and passive-aggressive pouting earlier in the season. MEcah with his ME, MYSELF and I act. Irvin is spot on, there is a problem here.
Lamb and Micah will get second contracts.

I understand there are issues and concerns, but Jerry won’t let them go.

CeeDee is the least concerning of the 3 by a mile.

Micah just strikes me as an immature kid that will quit as soon as he’s paid and will never get the most out of his ability and we all know Dak is a forever loser.

CeeDee is the safest bet.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I would bet money this happens...
He’s the one player that just seems a for sure bet to start slacking once he gets a big contract.

He’s too focused on outside of football stuff. He’s incredibly ME, ME, ME focused.

I see him retiring youngish to pursue his passions off the field, but I see him quitting well before he retires regardless.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Something tells me Ceedee is on his way out of Dallas. I think he is done with Prescott.
Don't think so. Ceedee's issue is he has to get catches to earn his bag, and whomever is tossing the ball matters very little. What Cowboys fans need to be worried about is if he will maintain the same level of production after he gets paid. I bet he goes on cruise control and his production takes a freefall.

Look at Zeke for a perfect example. He had a decent year the first season after his holdout, but then took a nosedive in production every year after.

Last edited:

gtb1943

Reaction score
so many players today truly are blind to reality. If you perform you will be paid; that is an absolute
but they act like whiny brats thinking that is the way to all the bling