Twitter: Michael Irvin frustrated with Dak, Lamb, and Micah

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Irvin has questioned this team and it's players a lot the last few years.

Side note - I still don't understand why he isn't on the coaching staff in some capacity.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Side note - I still don't understand why he isn't on the coaching staff in some capacity.
Jerry probably doesn't want him because he would be too difficult to control. I doubt Michael would take on a puppet role as easily as someone like Garrett.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Irvin has questioned this team and it's players a lot the last few years.

I'm not sure why a former player of his status would ever want to get into coaching when he can work a few hours a day doing TV and make millions. Not sure anyone would want to take on longer hours and less money to be a positional coach.

leeblair

Reaction score
Something tells me Ceedee is on his way out of Dallas. I think he is done with Prescott.
I agree. I think he feels that Prescott will waste his career or get him injured-or both.
Lamb really seems mature for his age, and doesn't seem to buy into the Cowboys circus.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Something tells me Ceedee is on his way out of Dallas. I think he is done with Prescott.
I think Dak is done with Dallas. Jerry Jones obviously is in no hurry to sign his players to massive contracts. Prescott has one last shot at a massive QB deal. He has to realize the Cowboys are simply not the place to maximize this moment in his playing career. CeeDee can’t say for sure who his quarterback will be going forward with Dallas so he and his agent have to know right now is the best time to secure an appropriate deal. Like it or not CeeDee is now a $35 million AAV receiver. If Jerry is not comfortable with that, fine, it’s his franchise, but that requires CeeDee take drastic action. Having to hold out to get what he believes is fair will not endear the Cowboys organization to CeeDee Lamb, to his and other agents, and at some point top college players will be hoping not to drafted by the Dallas Cowboys.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Why? Those two lack tangibles. Lamb with the first down sign down 2662782 points and passive-aggressive pouting earlier in the season. MEcah with his ME, MYSELF and I act. Irvin is spot on, there is a problem here.
the NFL player attitudes have changed. Not that past players didn't care about money, but now that's all they care about. Nobody likes to lose, some just handle it better. And then theres the money. :)

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I get his point. Were to give $600M+ in contracts to three guys who did not show up in the playoff game, who had their entourages sniping at each other in the aftermath, and overall have not exhibited a unified collective form of leadership and commitment to the team this offseason. Good players but the lack of togetherness and collective will is a fair callout by Irvin.

A guy that would do anything to win frustrated with a few guys that just want to get paid. Irvin is right.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Didn't this guy stab a teammate in the throat with scissors?
That was a connectivity moment. Everyone wanted to do it.

Actually, the story goes that Everett McIver was seated and Irvin told him to give up the chair, claiming "seniority." McIver refused and they ended up shoving each other before McIver threw Irvin into a wall and eventually punched him in the mouth. Irvin responded by grabbing a pair of scissors and stabbing McIver.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/new...cowboys-teammate-everett-mciver-neck-scissors

Last edited: