Twitter: Michael Irvin frustrated with Dak, Lamb, and Micah

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I think Dak is done with Dallas. Jerry Jones obviously is in no hurry to sign his players to massive contracts. Prescott has one last shot at a massive QB deal. He has to realize the Cowboys are simply not the place to maximize this moment in his playing career. CeeDee can’t say for sure who his quarterback will be going forward with Dallas so he and his agent have to know right now is the best time to secure an appropriate deal. Like it or not CeeDee is now a $35 million AAV receiver. If Jerry is not comfortable with that, fine, it’s his franchise, but that requires CeeDee take drastic action. Having to hold out to get what he believes is fair will not endear the Cowboys organization to CeeDee Lamb, to his and other agents, and at some point top college players will be hoping not to drafted by the Dallas Cowboys.
CeeDee holding out has nothing to do with Dak or who the QB of the Cowboys will be and everything about his optics on the team. He is the engine that propels the offense and the team has no one behind him to step into that role; no highly drafted rookies or anything, just hopes. Just like with Zeke. The threat of a holdout ruins the season so that's incentive for the front office to move on this. Plus, there's direct precedence of Dak running a show without a Tier 1 receiver and we had to trade for Amari mid-season in that case. And that was when we had Zeke leading the league in rushing. What do we have at RB now? CeeDee's value might never be higher. You strike when the iron's hot.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Something tells me Ceedee is on his way out of Dallas. I think he is done with Prescott.
Not sure what’s telling you that but you couldn’t be more wrong. :rolleyes: Dak is the reason he had a career year and is in line to make $35 million per season. Dak targeted him constantly last season resulting in CeeDee setting two franchise receiving records.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a connectivity moment. Everyone wanted to do it.

Actually, the story goes that Everett McIver was seated and Irvin told him to give up the chair, claiming "seniority." McIver refused and they ended up shoving each other before McIver threw Irvin into a wall and eventually punched him in the mouth. Irvin responded by grabbing a pair of scissors and stabbing McIver.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/new...cowboys-teammate-everett-mciver-neck-scissors
Now THERE is some leadership for ya! :laugh:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mike thought he was above everyone else and got mad when a 6'5 inch 320 pound man did not let him cut in line (Eric Williams told the guy not to move for Irvin)

Irvin flips out and cusses said 6'5" 320 pound man out ......... gets beat up ........ then stabs guy like a punk.

And he is complaining about how todays players act.

OK

Praxit

Reaction score
.....Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Players figured it out, you can't spend trophies. They want to get paid, winning is second place now.

~This new trick that NFL owners hate!~

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
He’s the one player that just seems a for sure bet to start slacking once he gets a big contract.

He’s too focused on outside of football stuff. He’s incredibly ME, ME, ME focused.

I see him retiring youngish to pursue his passions off the field, but I see him quitting well before he retires regardless.
Are you thinking Jaylon Smith here?

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I get where Mike is coming from but he’s expecting unity amongst a group that has Jerry as GM. Mike remembers Jerry with Jimmy. Not the crap he is now.
Bingo. The team had leadership under Jimmy. The team was united because of that leadership. This is what you get and what you have seen since Jerrah became the face of this franchise.