1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

News: Michael Irvin fuels speculation about Cowboys signing Tom Brady

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by garyv, Feb 7, 2020.

1. garyv

garyv Well-Known Member

3,192 Messages
    1,074 Likes Received
    Michael Irvin fuels speculation about Cowboys signing Tom Brady
    Justin Leger
    NBC Sports BostonFeb 7, 2020

Is it time to consider the Dallas Cowboys a serious suitor for Tom Brady in free agency?

Rather than paying up for Prescott, who reportedly wants more than $30 million per year, they could franchise tag the 26-year-old before trading him and replacing him with the 42-year-old Brady.

Seems like a wild idea, right? Well, apparently it's a realistic scenario.

Appearing Friday on WEEI's "Dale & Keefe," NFL Network's Michael Irvin revealed he and "significant people" at the Super Bowl discussed the possibility of such a move.

"I am telling you right now, at the Super Bowl in Miami, some very significant people that I had conversations (with were) leaning in that same direction," Irvin said. "It was shocking. I had a vodka cranberry in my hand and when they said it to me I put the drink down and said, ‘Let's talk a little bit more about this.' I promise you, I had a conversation with people, I can't tell you who, about that same scenario going down."

Read more: https://sports.yahoo.com/michael-irvin-fuels-speculation-cowboys-214907169.html

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2020
  2. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

24,080 Messages
    46,133 Likes Received
    Thanks, but you know damn well that if they did that, this would be the year Brady got a herniated disc in preseason.

3. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

4,056 Messages
    15,800 Likes Received
    I was with him all the way until he said he put the drink downo_O who does that :laugh:

4. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

9,692 Messages
    16,598 Likes Received
    Mike needs to quit drinking ........... crap messing with his head (LOL)

5. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

24,418 Messages
    42,007 Likes Received
    Interesting...
    Quite interesting.

dogberry, jjktkk, Beaker42 and 10 others like this.
  6. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

9,692 Messages
    16,598 Likes Received
    Fans need to need to remember, it's my understanding Brady is considering FA coz he wanna finally get some $$$$$ for his true value. In other words, I'm guessing it going to take a MIN $35-38M to get his name on a contract.

7. DCowboyz

DCowboyz Well-Known Member

1,471 Messages
    1,389 Likes Received
    It ain’t happening. It just isn’t smart. Especially now, I would of done it a few years ago. Dak is staying, he’s going to be our QB in 2020 unless he gets hurt like Romo.

BourbonBalz and GMO415 like this.
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

50,973 Messages
    47,286 Likes Received
    It makes a lot of sense to me.. I’ve been advocating for this move..

At the very least you leverage this against Dak.

This could be our Denver Bronco move. I say go for it.. 2 year window and go all in on this thing.

9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

79,711 Messages
    53,696 Likes Received
    Less than 1% chance TB12 is coming to Dallas.

10. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

7,627 Messages
    10,875 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

11. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

62,823 Messages
    69,927 Likes Received
    Think of it this way then:
    • Pay Brady that $35 million a year over Dak (it's the same dollars range)
    • Tag and trade Dak as Irvin mentioned and get at least one 1st round pick, and likely more
    • Use one of your picks to groom a quarterback behind Brady until he retires

12. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

15,098 Messages
    23,974 Likes Received
    If being paid an average of a top 5 QB isn't good enough and he is hell-bent on being THE highest paid I'm all for looking in a different direction for 2020. There's no team out there that would make THE highest paid QB..........maybe he needs a reality check.......personally I'm just about done with his greedy drama.

Blue64, RJ_MacReady, catiii and 9 others like this.
  13. stasheroo

62,823 Messages
    69,927 Likes Received
    Very likely, but it makes for an interesting subject to speculate about.

14. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

4,023 Messages
    6,145 Likes Received
    He'll get a career ending injury in Dallas, then it'll be just like the Dealeey Plaza incident all over again. The organization and city will never be allowed to shake the stigma of having ruined a legend.

Runwildboys and Corso like this.
  15. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

24,418 Messages
    42,007 Likes Received
    You definitely got my wheels spinning on this.
    I need a good song!

garyo1954 and Runwildboys like this.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

50,973 Messages
    47,286 Likes Received
    I still don’t see a team trading a 1 for Dak.. Like.. Maybe the Colts or Steelers make that move? But it’s only them..

17. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

5,076 Messages
    5,103 Likes Received
    Plus, it would intensify the hatred for Dallas X100!

18. stasheroo

62,823 Messages
    69,927 Likes Received
    You'll get at least one 1st rounder. Two? As in that franchise tag? That's a reach.

But take teams like the Chargers and Colts for instance. Both have a lot of fine pieces in place, but no longer the quarterback. If it took your 1st rounder and a 3rd or 4th rounder thrown in? Yeah, I think they'd bite. Especially a team like the Colts. Flush with cap room, few draft needs anyway, they're a perfect match. And unlike any rookie, you're getting a known commodity. If I were them, I'd be all over Brady myself to step right in on that team.

19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

50,973 Messages
    47,286 Likes Received
    The Colts can draft Herbert or possibly Tua and not pay 35 mill a year.. They aren’t going for Dak.

20. stasheroo

62,823 Messages
    69,927 Likes Received
    Not at pick #13 they're not.