1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

News: Michael Irvin fuels speculation about Cowboys signing Tom Brady

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by garyv, Feb 7, 2020.

1. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

41,540 Messages
    19,283 Likes Received
    It was only a matter of time before this "rumor" grew fantasy legs. While I wouldn't be upset with a 1-to-2 year rental of Tom Brady, it's not going to happen. Even though I don't think the Joneses are sold on Dak, I don't think they're ready to totally kick him to the curb. If you sign Brady, you might as well say good bye to Dak, There's no way he'll reassume the quarterback position if Dallas hands the starting position to Brady. But I do think with Brady, the Cowboys are at least in the NFC Championship Game.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  2. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

21,396 Messages
    50,774 Likes Received
    Oh pleez. Brady isn't going to play in a division that cheated him out of 3 more rings.

Tangle_Foot likes this.
  3. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

15,097 Messages
    23,974 Likes Received
    Lol, sooooo.....tag Dak at 27m AND pay Brady 30M?......that sounds economical.

Runwildboys likes this.
  4. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

24,415 Messages
    41,988 Likes Received
    CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG!!!!

Runwildboys likes this.
  5. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

4,042 Messages
    15,728 Likes Received
    Tom Brady will chew a player out when he makes a mistake, that will not go over well here:laugh:

6. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

5,070 Messages
    5,099 Likes Received
    Well, me neither, not REALLY! But don’t you ever get a least a LITTLE annoyed by misinformed idiots spouting hateful nonsense?

Runwildboys likes this.
  7. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

24,046 Messages
    46,054 Likes Received
    No. When it truly is misinformed, hateful nonsense I take great joy in correcting them.

8. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

62,769 Messages
    69,850 Likes Received
    I can’t begrudge you your opinion.

I also wonder if he’s started to fall off a bit as well. But I’ve heard others I trust say no, so I don’t know what to think to be honest.

Runwildboys likes this.
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

4,242 Messages
    3,149 Likes Received
    No one is going to trade for Dak. Especially if they sign a vet QB with a big cap hit. Everyone will know they aren’t going to carry 2 QBs at 33m each into a season and just wait for Dak to be cut.

10. ESisback

5,070 Messages
    5,099 Likes Received
    He’d be wearing out his welcome quickly, because he’s not mobile. While he generally gets rid of the ball more quickly he’d still take more beatings that he’s ever endured before, inside his protective New England.cocoon

11. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

24,415 Messages
    41,988 Likes Received
    He had no weapons.
    Peeps love to say Dak needs weapons... all QB's, even the best do.

12. BBGTYCOON

BBGTYCOON Member

86 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    :clap:

CATCH17 likes this.
  13. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

20,291 Messages
    17,026 Likes Received
    TB12 doesn't need the money. He's not playing for anyone else but the Pats until he retires. Dak is trying to make folks believe he might hold out unless Jerry caves into his demands to reset the QB market. I'm not buying that fake-out either. They both just want attention and want to feel appreciated by their perspective teams. In the end, Dak will still be a Cowboy in 2020 and TB12 will be a Patriot with a 3-year deal.

14. ESisback

5,070 Messages
    5,099 Likes Received
    I tire of justifying my preferences to lowlifes!

Runwildboys likes this.
  15. Javier

Javier Active Member

239 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    That put a smile on my face

Fastpitch Dad, pjtoadie and stasheroo like this.
  16. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

10,313 Messages
    10,501 Likes Received
    Great plan. Let's give a boat load of money to a 42 year old who is declining sharply.

Londonboy and eternaljester81 like this.
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

50,942 Messages
    47,255 Likes Received
    It’s not a long term deal.. It’s fine.. Then we can go get a QB cheap in the draft.

pjtoadie likes this.
  18. DHCBF66

DHCBF66 Benched

1,278 Messages
    1,555 Likes Received
    Brady is done....

19. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

10,313 Messages
    10,501 Likes Received
    You make it sound so easy. Look at the hit rate on QBs drafted over the last decade. It isn't good. That's why even scrubs like Nick Foles have had some big contracts.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    Sevenup3000 and Runwildboys like this.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

50,942 Messages
    47,255 Likes Received
    Yeah I’ll take my chances.. I believe QBs are easier to find then ever. The team around them is the most important thing.. Some of these busts like Tannehill will perform if you move them to a good team.

As long as their mobile we should be fine.

pjtoadie likes this.