Michael Irvin let go at NFL Network

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Irvin was great at catching a football (during the era where officials for some reason gave Irvin, and only Irvin, a free pass to create separation by throwing the corner on the ground.... I guess it was good for NFL business even if it was cheating).... but once his wrestling/WR career was over, there's just not anything admirable, interesting, or intelligent there to put on TV.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Coke heard....he was lucky to have that gig
Those are very harsh words, but fortunately many people would disagree with your point of view.. I don't pretend to know everything about everybody, but one thing I've learned in life is never judge a man until you've walked in his shoes.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Really? You don't think the drama a year ago played no factor?

He should probably look into making a podcast or something. He has enough connections to get interesting guests on.
Nah, they wouldn't have bothered bringing him back if that was an issue.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Never has a man been so involved with hookers in motels, crack pipes, drugs under a motel bed attacking a teammate with scissors ... I could go on, but I find it hard to believe that a network would put this man on the screen with millions of kids watching.
The man is sod.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
And to write in forums you need to spell better. ;)

Just kidding, thought kinda the same. Loved him as a player, not so much on tv though.
He rips a man for the way he speaks yet he doesn’t even use a real word in the English language. Pronunciate or whatever he was trying to say isn’t even a real word.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I liked Irvin as a WR but don't really care for him as a commentator. The way he talks it's almost like every time he is on the verge of trash talking. He always has to be the loudest guy in the room. I truly believe his mouth got him in trouble with that woman during the SB week. Even though all of that has gone away I'm sure his employer has decided now is a good time to just quietly release him.

GMO415

Reaction score
Skip Baseless will hire him. Damn, I kinda feel bad for Mike. Goes from one company hemorrhaging viewers and money to another. Thats my hunch. Skippy will beg for his services.
Why? Everything comes to an end. He's irrelevant beyond Cowboys nation.

Fan54

Reaction score
Yeah, Irvin is a Cowboy through and through..to the bone. Part of one of the greatest Cowboys dynasties of all time. Not known for being PC and timid with his opinions and observances, he made too many of the modern generation uncomfortable by drawing the lines with no compromises. Dallas Cowboys, as they have become complacent and embarrassing, could use a healthy dose of Michael Irvin daily...No Apologies...Fans that are intimidated by his unabashed zeal and love for the Cowboys should just sit in the back..with the women and children..

erod

Reaction score
Everybody is doing this. People don't watch TV anymore, especially the sub-35 crowd. They'd rather stare at their phones.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Would have done this long ago.

His manner of speaking was a bad look for television, along with his ansambels.
you would have because you dont care for him, but lots of people do, including myself.
What exactly are they doing with this show though? I like their dynamics.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He reminded me of Emmett when he was an analyst.

To be on television you need to pronouciate better. He should have hired a speech coach to help him with that part of the business.
I agree in regards to Emmitt... notice the I? But Irvin and his speech was just fine. His enthusiasm for the game and comedic flare will be sorely missed by myself.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It’s about time!! His obvious bias towards the Cowboys, the difficulty in understanding what he was saying, & his off-the field issues were too much. I hope Skip Bayless is next.
His obvious bias is what makes the show fun. Difficulty in understanding him???? Not once did I have an issue understanding him. Off the field issues? The man hasnt played in 30 years.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
His obvious bias is what makes the show fun. Difficulty in understanding him???? Not once did I have an issue understanding him. Off the field issues? The man hasnt played in 30 years.

This, never ever had a problem in not understanding Mike.