Michael Irvin let go at NFL Network

sunalsorises

Reaction score
A lot of folks are posting about his performance as the reason he was cut. Guy was with the network for 20 years. I'm pretty sure they thought he was doing a fine job.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Will miss seeing you Michael Irvin and I wish you great success in your next venture (wr coach for the Cowboy's!?)

GMO415

Reaction score
Romo will probably be next. He's becoming irrelevant as the days past because he never amounted to crap.

Troy will remain because he still looks the part, he's cerebral, a HOF QB, and has an elite college pedigree..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Loved Irvin as a player but wasn’t a fan of his commentating. Too loud and boisterous with uncontrollable laughing.

tomokawan

Reaction score
He reminded me of Emmett when he was an analyst.

To be on television you need to pronouciate better. He should have hired a speech coach to help him with that part of the business.
What the heck are you talking about?? Pronunciate better lol. How about you lean to spell better.

tomokawan

Reaction score
What's crazy?

That the way he speaks is not smooth and polished for those in the television business.

I personally didn't like his patterns on top of patterns and color schemes in his wardrobe.

If that's crazy, you guys are too sensitive to criticism.
Your criticism is off base. Talking about a guy's wardrobe color schemes is a joke. Like Skip Bayles, Paul Finbum, Mad dog, Steven A Smith and others are smooth and polished. Give me a break

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
I feel like it’s gotta be a tough business to cover things given all the competition. That’s why we see places like ESPN and NFL Network cutting staff at times.

With streaming, YouTube, podcasts, etc. I think the competition for viewers/listeners is probably stronger than ever.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Skip Baseless will hire him. Damn, I kinda feel bad for Mike. Goes from one company hemorrhaging viewers and money to another. Thats my hunch. Skippy will beg for his services.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Your criticism is off base. Talking about a guy's wardrobe color schemes is a joke. Like Skip Bayles, Paul Finbum, Mad dog, Steven A Smith and others are smooth and polished. Give me a break
Is that what he was talking about? I had no idea what “ansambel” meant.

;)

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Michael Irvin's legendary practice ethic, passionate leadership, and stellar performance as a wide receiver for the Dallas Cowboys, afforded him the opportunities to have a long career in sports television covering the NFL--- despite his numerous transgressions away from the game when he was still a player --- that continued when he was retired while he plied his TV occupation.
With the explosion of sports media since the century started...there will be an entity \ outlet that will still seek his opinion.
Exhibit A: As long as ESPN employs Stephen A. Smith in some TV show format on their network- Irvin will be brought on in some capacity - thus continuing to collect a paycheck.

Lol, bring him back. Loved seeing him and Ryan Clark do there top plays from Sunday. Missed the heck out of that. SAS tried but he is no Mike.