Michael Jackson dead from Cardiac Arrest...*Confirmed*

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Just reported on TMZ that the king of pop michael Jackson suffered a heart attack in Los Angeles today. He is at UCLA hospital

More info to come.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We’ve just learned Michael Jackson was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Los Angeles … and we’re told it was cardiac arrest and that paramedics administered CPR in the ambulance. He was picked up at his home around 20 minutes ago — we’re told his mother is on the way to visit him. UPDATE: The 911 call came in at 12:21PM at his Holmby Hills home in L.A

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/25/michael-jackson-rushed-to-the-hospital/

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I thought that freak moved to the middle east.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Michael Jackson -- Cardiac Arrest

Posted Jun 25th 2009 4:30PM by TMZ Staff
We've just learned Michael Jackson was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Los Angeles ... and we're told it was cardiac arrest and that paramedics administered CPR in the ambulance ... and it's looking bad.

0625_mjacksonhospital062509_01_x17_ex.jpg

He was picked up at his home around 20 minutes ago -- we're told his mother is on the way to visit him.

UPDATE: The 911 call came in at 12:21PM at his Holmby Hills home in L.A.

UPDATE: A Jackson [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]family [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]member[/FONT][/FONT] tells TMZ Michael is in "really bad shape" and the brothers are headed to UCLA.

UPDATE: We just got off the phone with Joe Jackson, Michael's dad, who says "he is not doing well."

rip.gif

Michael Jackson Dies

Posted Jun 25th 2009 5:20PM by TMZ Staff
0625_michael_jackson_ex2.jpg
We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived.

LaToya ran in the hospital sobbing, after Jackson was pronounced dead.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

Jackson had 13 number one hits during his solo career.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
WOW. So many jokes, but I'll wait.

RIP Micheal.

Rogah

Reaction score
Hostile;2822480 said:
Any sites confirming he has died?

TMZ is a bit iffy to me.
No other confirmation. I agree TMZ is a bit iffy, but they probably have contacts in L.A. Hospitals for just such an occassion.

The TMZ website is tough to get into, but when I finally did, I did see a report that unambiguously stated he had died.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Hostile;2822480 said:
Any sites confirming he has died?

TMZ is a bit iffy to me.

Foxnews just said that they only know that he was taken to the hospital with a heart attack. They are waiting for word from AP.

Rogah

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2822484 said:
Foxnews just said that they only know that he was taken to the hospital with a heart attack. They are waiting for word from AP.
They're saying cardiac arrest and I have to be honest with you... until about 60 minutes ago, I always thought "cardiac arrest" and "heart attack" were the same thing. But it turns out cardiac arrest is much worse than a heart attack.

I know he is a controversial figure, to say the least, but the man's talent cannot be debated.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
FWIW, Fox just said they had an email from Elizabeth Taylors rep who said he was fine.

Though Adam Housley just said something weird...."First Farrah and now Michael." Maybe he knows something but can't report it.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LA Times: Michael Jackson hospitalized

6 mins ago
LOS ANGELES – Michael Jackson has been rushed to the hospital, a fire department official told the Los Angeles Times. Capt. Steve Ruda said Thursday that Jackson was not breathing when Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics responded to a call at his Los Angeles home about 12:30 p.m. The paramedics performed CPR and took him to UCLA Medical Center, Ruda told the newspaper.

L. Londell McMillan, a lawyer for Jackson, did not have any information. Messages left for other Jackson associates were not immediately returned.

The hospitalization was first reported by the Web site TMZ.

The emergency entrance at the UCLA Medical Center, which is near Jackson's rented home, was roped off Thursday with police tape.

News trucks were gathered, helicopters flew overhead, and orange cones were laid out to redirect traffic.

"We have no statements as far as transporting Michael Jackson," Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Devin Gales said.

___

Associated Press entertainment reporters Derrik Lang and Anthony McCartney and special correspondent Linda Deutsch in Los Angeles and music writer Nekesa Mumbi Moody in New York contributed to this story.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Rogah;2822490 said:
They're saying cardiac arrest and I have to be honest with you... until about 60 minutes ago, I always thought "cardiac arrest" and "heart attack" were the same thing. But it turns out cardiac arrest is much worse than a heart attack.

I know he is a controversial figure, to say the least, but the man's talent cannot be debated.

I stand corrected. You are right. And yes, he was immensely talented.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Rogah;2822490 said:

Cardiac arrest is when the heart stops I believe

Rogah

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2822496 said:
I stand corrected. You are right. And yes, he was immensely talented.
Please don't think I was trying to be a know-it-all. Like I said, until 60 minutes ago I had no idea there was any difference between cardiac arrest and a heart attack.

This is from the LA Times.

Michael Jackson is in a coma [Updated]
2:06 PM | June 25, 2009
[Updated at 2:46 p.m.: Pop star Michael Jackson is in a coma and his family is arriving at his bedside, a law enforcement source told The Times.
Jackson was rushed to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center this afternoon by Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics.
Fire Capt. Steve Ruda said paramedics responded to a call at Jackson's home at 12:26 p.m. He was not breathing when they arrived. The paramedics performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation and took him to the hospital, Ruda told The Times.