Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen

DEMFAN

Reaction score
And this is Jerry's built in excuse to keep the coaching staff.
Yes losing 3 players like that hurts a lot. however, if this team is as talented as they keep saying, they should put together a better effort than the last 2 games have shown.
so either the players suck with backups or the coaches suck and can't get them ready to play. Probably both.
I agree, both! But, they are important parts. That affect both side of the ball drastically.

vlad

Reaction score
It's not even the players, really. Did you see the sophisticated diagrams of the players the Eagles were running? Did you see how masterfully the Eagles were using Irving's aggressiveness against him?
That's what coaching is all about. We get no coaching advantage. We'd better continue to draft well and stay healthy if we ever want to reach a conference championship.

They way the played Irving was brilliant - the fact that Collinsworth kept pointing it out over and over...

1) Why didn't the coaches tell him to adjust?
2) Did they just give a blueprint on how to play him for other teams?

DEMFAN

Reaction score
Seems to me he caught quite a few balls last night. So some how he got a little separation. He can't get open downfield, but is that the scene or him. he got open with Romo at QB.
Did you see how fast he had to get rid of the ball? Scheme may be part of it as well though I would have incorporated more quick slants.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you see how fast he had to get rid of the ball? Scheme may be part of it as well though I would have incorporated more quick slants.

Something this staff refuses to do, run slants more often. But we will be stuck with it for at least another year or 2.

Proof

Reaction score
This team is masked by top level talent, and has an inability to adjust accordingly. Dak seems to be the only guy on the team with any improvisational skills and they’re reigned in considerably until it’s too late.

You should be able to recover from losing your LT, but going from arguably the best to arguably the worst is difficult. It’s further compounded by losing arguably the best running back.

On D Sean Lee is perfume for a ton of stink and exposes the rest of the LBs when they’re best suited to following his lead and nothing more.

On top of that, I feel like the offense makes a ton of calculated field position decisions based on the luxury of Baileys leg.

We’re just seeing a flawed rosters exposed with out the critical players who either make the engine go, or are critically depended on when things aren’t perfect.

You can drive on a flat. But two flats and no lug nuts or headlights really screws things up no matter what type of car.

The eagles have spare tires, a bug out bag and are driving in broad daylight on a straight road

diefree666

Reaction score
What that you cannot justify anything you say? Okay.

A common thread of people with personality disorders is a fixation on fault and blame when things go wrong. It is what it is.
We lost our ALL PRO LT and Pro Bowl MLB. SO did the eagles. They have also lost other players as well. Yet they are cruising and we are crashing. Only a moron does not think the coaching staff is a large part of the problem. Or did you miss all the NON ADJUSTMENTS that occurred in the THREE TIMES WE HAVE BEEN BLOWN OUT SO FAR THIS SEASON.

mcmvp

Reaction score
In a team aspect your math seems to be off a little as there are more that just 5 players on an NBA roster.

His math was close enough. He figured 22 starters vs 5 in basketball. It doesn’t matter anyway.,,it is asinine to compare the importance of two players in basketball to three players in football. It’s beyond absurd

DEMFAN

Reaction score
None of today's Cowboy player's are considered a Michael Jordan type athlete/competitor. Tom Brady and Joe Montana are on Michael Jordan's level.
I beg to differ! Tyron Smith is probably the Best LT in the game! Zeke is Prolly top 3 RB in the Game. So, to think they are not Elite players is garbage.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I beg to differ! Tyron Smith is probably the Best LT in the game! Zeke is Prolly top 3 RB in the Game. So, to think they are not Elite players is garbage.
You can differ all you like. There's lots of great players in professional sports that doesn't put them on the same level as a Michael Jordan.

DEMFAN

Reaction score
We lost our ALL PRO LT and Pro Bowl MLB. SO did the eagles. They have also lost other players as well. Yet they are cruising and we are crashing. Only a moron does not think the coaching staff is a large part of the problem. Or did you miss all the NON ADJUSTMENTS that occurred in the THREE TIMES WE HAVE BEEN BLOWN OUT SO FAR THIS SEASON.

Dillusional you are in my Yoda voice! Maybe there backups are better lol. Is that coaching
You can differ all you like. There's lots of great players in professional sports that doesn't put them on the same level as a Michael Jordan.

Yeah Tyron Is Garbage, Zeke is garbage LOL. Not a big deal to lose them youre right LOL.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

More caps please. Make you seem rational. I discussed Irving eating the trap a dozen times in the game. I am not sure who to put it on. I'm fine with uncertainty though.

Some people insist on answers even when answers are not available. Blaming the HC for everything strikes me as extreme intellectual laziness. There is no quick fix to what ails this team.

DEMFAN

Reaction score
His math was close enough. He figured 22 starters vs 5 in basketball. It doesn’t matter anyway.,,it is asinine to compare the importance of two players in basketball to three players in football. It’s beyond absurd
Yeah youre right LOL missing them means nothing. We should still win every game we play!!!

mcmvp

Reaction score
Yeah youre right LOL missing them means nothing. We should still win every game we play!!!

You have a rather warped view of logic. Sure injuries in football hurt. That doesn’t mean they are on the same level as the title of your thread.

It’s a bit of denial in a way. Every team has injuries, but none are talked about as much as the Cowboys. You are clinging to every excuse instead of being pissed that the team isn’t as good at overcoming adversity as other teams are.