Mick Jagger heart surgery

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The nagging usually goes "Stop watching {fill in name of sport} and {fill in name of exciting activity} or I'm going home."
"Well why did you bother coming over in the first place? You knew (whatever silly 'sport') was on!"

rags747

Reaction score
I like the Some Girls album, and a variety of singles, but I do think they're overrated.
It’s kind of like the same thing with Joe Namath. It’s much more than just the record that determines Greatness.

rags747

Reaction score
Yeah good for Mick! So much for everyone that knocks the US for its healthcare system, Mick can have this op done anywhere he chooses and he chooses the good old US of A, New York City Baby...

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Not a big fan of the stones. They have a couple good songs but hope this goes ok for him.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s kind of like the same thing with Joe Namath. It’s much more than just the record that determines Greatness.
And just like Namath, he thinks everything he does is socially acceptable:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just watched the doc on their tour of Central and South America culminating with a free concert in Cuba and except for the omnipresence of my most hated Stones tune, "Start Me Up", it was interesting to see the interaction between them on tour and the scope and manpower to pull that off.

They were really the only British Invasion band to have all covers but one song, "Tell Me", on their debut album establishing their influences from American music. We had to hear the Beatles, Dave Clark 5 and others tell us their influences but the Stones showed us.

While Mick may not be your favorite front man, mine is Robert Plant, he is the original one, he created that role for others to emulate. I consider Mick Jagger to be the original rock star from the Invasion. He was bigger than life and for a 16 year old kid needing a break from all of the oohing and ahhing over Elvis, Ricky, Fabian, John, Paul and Dave from the teenage girls, Mick and Keith were Godsends. Nasty and ugly, just what we Rockers needed.

They're not my favorite rock band of all time; however, they are the only one with 3 of my Top 10 60's rock songs, "Gimme Shelter", "Jumping Jack Flash" and "Get Off My Cloud". All 3 hooked me the first time I heard them and "Gimme Shelter" hangs around at #1 most of the time.

One of the things about the Stones and bands of that era is your age at the time that music was coming out or if you're a retro fan. Being in the sweet spot at 16 at the beginning of the Invasion was magic and I would not accept to be 10 years younger in place of that. It was the greatest period of music in modern times and proof that music could change the world.