Mick Shots: Deeper Dive into Dak's Playoff Record

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

1ST QUARTER​

GBDAL
Green Bay Packers
TD
7:08
Aaron Jones 3 Yd Run (Anders Carlson Kick)
12 plays, 75 yards, 7:52

2ND QUARTER​

GBDAL
Green Bay Packers
TD
14:15
Aaron Jones 1 Yd Run (Anders Carlson Kick)
3 plays, 19 yards, 1:28
Green Bay Packers
TD
3:23
Dontayvion Wicks 20 Yd pass from Jordan Love (Anders Carlson PAT failed)
10 plays, 93 yards, 5:44
Green Bay Packers
TD
1:50
Darnell Savage 64 Yd Interception Return (Anders Carlson Kick)
6 plays, 35 yards, 1:33
Green Bay Packers
TD
6:38
Aaron Jones 9 Yd Run (Anders Carlson Kick)
5 plays, 75 yards, 2:45
Green Bay Packers
TD
10:2
Romeo Doubs 3 Yd pass from Jordan Love (Anders Carlson Kick)
8 plays, 40 yards, 4:37

I mean this was easy to look up, 1 drive of less than 20, 1 drive of 35...the rest not so short...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I already answered this question from someone else.

Post in thread 'Mick Shots: Deeper Dive into Dak's Playoff Record' https://cowboyszone.com/threads/mick-shots-deeper-dive-into-daks-playoff-record.525396/post-13616391
You throw out Dak’s regular season stats as if they somehow equate to postseason success. They don’t.

Dak SUCKED against GB. At home. Against a 7 seed. And he was trash. Don’t give me his stat line after the game was out of hand. 27-0 at halftime at home tells the story.

I realize he isn’t the only one who played poorly that game. But you can’t make an argument based on his regular season stats as if somehow they magically banish his postseason disappearance acts.

Try again.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You throw out Dak’s regular season stats as if they somehow equate to postseason success. They don’t.

Dak SUCKED against GB. At home. Against a 7 seed. And he was trash. Don’t give me his stat line after the game was out of hand. 27-0 at halftime at home tells the story.

I realize he isn’t the only one who played poorly that game. But you can’t make an argument based on his regular season stats as if somehow they magically banish his postseason disappearance acts.

Try again.
Obviously, you haven't understood properly.

Here you go...

Thread 'Minah Kimes REVEALS the Dallas Cowboys REAL PROBLEM during the playoffs in recent years' https://cowboyszone.com/threads/min...m-during-the-playoffs-in-recent-years.525413/

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Obviously, you haven't understood properly.

Here you go...

Thread 'Minah Kimes REVEALS the Dallas Cowboys REAL PROBLEM during the playoffs in recent years' https://cowboyszone.com/threads/min...m-during-the-playoffs-in-recent-years.525413/
Lol… reminds me of something Parcells used to say:

“You’re always at the party when the cops get called, but it’s never your fault.”

This video is what I am “not understanding?” Lol Apparently nothing is ever Dak’s fault

This video proves my point. Nothing but excuses for Dak’s playoff failures are offered. Now its “he doesn’t have a good enough #2 WR”?! Lol

Let me set you straight. First, is it not conceivable that Dak’s struggles have adversely affected the numbers that his WR corps has put up? Brandin Cooks puts up 6 1,000 yard seasons in his career, but manages 687 yards in 2023. But that’s all on him right.

Apparently Dak needs an all pro OL, all pro RB, an all pro TE, and 3 all pro WRs to have a chance in the playoffs.

This is pathetic excuse making at its finest. The scape goating continues.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol… reminds me of something Parcells used to say:

“You’re always at the party when the cops get called, but it’s never your fault.”

This video is what I am “not understanding?” Lol Apparently nothing is ever Dak’s fault

This video proves my point. Nothing but excuses for Dak’s playoff failures are offered. Now its “he doesn’t have a good enough #2 WR”?! Lol

Let me set you straight. First, is it not conceivable that Dak’s struggles have adversely affected the numbers that his WR corps has put up? Brandin Cooks puts up 6 1,000 yard seasons in his career, but manages 687 yards in 2023. But that’s all on him right.

Apparently Dak needs an all pro OL, all pro RB, an all pro TE, and 3 all pro WRs to have a chance in the playoffs.

This is pathetic excuse making at its finest. The scape goating continues.
You know jack squat when it comes to football. Period.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
You know jack squat when it comes to football. Period.
Lol… of course. Someone criticizes your hero, and because you have invested years in defending him, you have to resort to personal attacks because you can’t explain away his failures in the playoffs.

I haven’t insulted you. You quote a video promoting the notion that the reason Dallas has struggled in the playoffs is because Dak doesn’t have enough weapons in the passing game.

You posted that along with Dak’s regular season stats as evidence that Dak would succeed if he had access to SFs offense.

The goal posts always move with Dak. He never quite has the weapons or the OL or the coaching he needs to win in Jan.

I am sorry that the truth disrupts your Dak fantasy. But it is what it is. For the record— I am rooting for Dak. I hope he wins big and leads us back to the promised land. But I have my doubts

Past performance is the single greatest indicator of future performance. And at this point, the data shows that Dak doesn’t play up to his regular season standards (along with many others) in the playoffs.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I feel like some people have become caricatures of their fandom here…especially when it comes to Dak support. It’s comical. He was one of the main reasons we were in a hole and the D was in the field.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I've never understood how real life facts can be labeled an excuse? That's mind boggling.
Here's a real life fact for you - Dak has the worst playoff record in NFL history for starting QBs with at least 7 games played.

You guys can't excuse that. You can't point to stat padding in the regular season to make that fact disappear.

Here's how you make Dak disappear - "Abracadivisional playoff game"

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol… of course. Someone criticizes your hero, and because you have invested years in defending him, you have to resort to personal attacks because you can’t explain away his failures in the playoffs.

I haven’t insulted you. You quote a video promoting the notion that the reason Dallas has struggled in the playoffs is because Dak doesn’t have enough weapons in the passing game.

You posted that along with Dak’s regular season stats as evidence that Dak would succeed if he had access to SFs offense.

The goal posts always move with Dak. He never quite has the weapons or the OL or the coaching he needs to win in Jan.

I am sorry that the truth disrupts your Dak fantasy. But it is what it is. For the record— I am rooting for Dak. I hope he wins big and leads us back to the promised land. But I have my doubts

Past performance is the single greatest indicator of future performance. And at this point, the data shows that Dak doesn’t play up to his regular season standards (along with many others) in the playoffs.
It's not a personal attack. It's simply FACT. You know jack squat about football.

GINeric

Reaction score
Here's a real life fact for you - Dak has the worst playoff record in NFL history for starting QBs with at least 7 games played.

You guys can't excuse that. You can't point to stat padding in the regular season to make that fact disappear.

Here's how you make Dak disappear - "Abracadivisional playoff game"

Ok that's fair. He's not elite, but he's definitely not a bum.

How many other quarterbacks have been perennial top 10, had a weak running game, yet became All Pro and a MVP candidate in that same season??

What was our overall team's position by position rankings in those playoff games?

Yes we can place blame on Dak for his part in those playoffs, but let's not cherry pick and conveniently leave out the shortcomings of our entire team and coaching staff as well.

This isn't boxing, golf or tennis. There has never been one player in history who has won games by himself in NFL football. It's easy to blame one person, I get it. But that's not accurate.