Mick Shots: Learning from this very mini camp

BobSacamano

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mick-shots-learning-from-this-very-mini-camp

Some good tidbits from Mickey. Some we seen before as well.

Gets more into the non-activity from rookie mini-camp.

He also goes over the surgery procedure on Pollards ankle and leg. Called Tight Roping, a procedure where they do not use screws, therefore avoiding a 2nd surgery to remove them.
It was what Tua went through for his high ankle sprain in 2019 while at Alabama.
He did have torn ligaments, and explains that procedure according to the surgeon.
And said he should be ready in plenty of time for TC.

Also said Steele said it was news to him as to moving to LG. And also said he was told he is progressing faster than usual for his injury.
Uh oh. Brian Schott. already using phrases involving words such as ‘stack’ and ‘process’. I don’t like the sound of that.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm popping in here because I feel like a should, as a mod, but I hate this time of year. Usually I avoid this place until camp because there's nothing to discuss.

Fans trying hard to read into bits of nothing, then arguing about it. Summer is coming, it's baseball season, go outside. Football will be back soon enough.

DanA

Reaction score
The tightrope surgery is an important point. That procedure has basically revolutionized that injuries recovery because it allows it to heal with some flexibility of movement that could be achieved the old way.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm glad Schottenheimer is not calling plays. I prefer that he contribute in his areas of strength but the onus be on McCarthy for offensive success. No just blaming it on Schottenheimer if the offense is worse.
No worries Mike is the responsible party.
He be gone first, no excuses.
Nolan was Mike's choice, but he threw him under the bus. (He deserved it)
Now Kellen.
Jerry has placed this team win or lose in MM hands.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So like, are you a Cowboys fan? Why are you here?
He's battling with his inner demons. An angel on his right shoulder, a devil on his left, and they both are pulling at his sanity both ways trying to take him over. Looks like the devil is winning so far...
:muttley: :p:flagwave:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The tightrope surgery is an important point. That procedure has basically revolutionized that injuries recovery because it allows it to heal with some flexibility of movement that could be achieved the old way.
I never heard of it until this article.
I like the fact they do not need a 2nd surgery.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm popping in here because I feel like a should, as a mod, but I hate this time of year. Usually I avoid this place until camp because there's nothing to discuss.

Fans trying hard to read into bits of nothing, then arguing about it. Summer is coming, it's baseball season, go outside. Football will be back soon enough.
Like who died and made you God?

Rayman70

Reaction score
cant really learn much in shorts and a helmet. I thing, Deuce Vaughn is very quick and decisive. He's gonna be an issue for defenses.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Just for you I will read it and I will see if I can find one sentence that shows any sign whatsoever of objectivity.
It's a column. It's not supposed to be objective; it's supposed to be his opinion.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
It's a column. It's not supposed to be objective; it's supposed to be his opinion.
I don't think you understand what an opinion is. Spags has not offered an honest opinion on anything in 20 years. He is paid to support an agenda. Something that he has done faithfully and without hesitation for a long time.

Scotman

Reaction score
That was actually the most informative post from Mickey in a long time.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't think you understand what an opinion is. Spags has not offered an honest opinion on anything in 20 years. He is paid to support an agenda. Something that he has done faithfully and without hesitation for a long time.
No. I don't think you understand what an opinion is. Doesn't matter if it's honest or not. Doesn't matter if it is driven by an agenda. It is what a person wants to say for whatever reason. It is not objective, it is subjective.

If you want facts, read a news article (although some of those contain opinions when they should not). If you read Spagnola's column, then accept it for what it is, an opinion. If he says Jerry Jones is the greatest owner in sports, that is his opinion and he's free to share it in an opinion column. If he wants to praise our draft class or free agent moves, he's free to do that in an opinion column. If he wants to support an agenda, he's free to do that in an opinion.

Your problem with Spagnola seems to be that you want him to be objective, but that's not his job.