Mick Shots: Taking Out The Driver On This Day

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Can we post media articles in the corresponding forum please?!

Especially there is no need to spam this Forum with mickeys crap jazzcat.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
OK Mick haters, pick this one apart. Actually this is a very informative article. And I have my :popcorn: ready to see how, if you can pick this one apart.
A lot of good stuff in this, with all, or most the injury updates.
I did not know Frederick also had shoulder and a hernia surgery.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mick-shots-taking-out-the-driver-on-this-day

We have members who are opposed to any and all good news. It seems to be more enjoyable to speculate on the worst case than some positive fluff. lol

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As Spagnola stuff goes, this one wasn't too bad, as he spent his time informing the fan base rather than lecturing them. Quite refreshing, he should stick to that.

But I will give him credit for breaking some news, he broke the story about Sean Lee playing strongside linebacker on Talkin Cowboys the other day, and gave more details on the "safety trade" talk here:

"Since the Cowboys are acquiring depth on the defensive line, offensive line and wide receiver, teams start calling about potential trades, and Jones said he got a call the other day from a team wanting to trade a safety for a starting-quality guard"

Credit where credit is due for that.

Now we just have to figure out exactly what is meant by "starting quality guard"?

Does that include Looney or Su'a Filo? If so, I'd consider it. Does Collins factor in as a "starting quality guard" or does that distinction take him out of the conversation?

Last edited:

jrumann59

Reaction score
So someone offered to trade for Looney or C Williams or S'ua Filo???

GenoT

Reaction score
What’s to pick apart?

The injury report, plus the Dez, Romo and Ware info, is generically available to anyone who cares to search for it. And everyone already knows teams are calling us about trades. Other than that, there’s a Garrett quote and a few Jerry Jones spoutings.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was actually one of his better articles because he largely reported news and didn't really inject much of his homeristic opinions.

This is how I feel about Broaddus. Just report the info, do not try to scout the player.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
As Spagnola stuff goes, this one wasn't too bad, as he spent his time informing the fan base rather than lecturing them. Quite refreshing, he should stick to that.

But I will give him credit for breaking some news, he broke the story about Sean Lee playing strongside linebacker on Talkin Cowboys the other day, and gave more details on the "safety trade" talk here:

"Since the Cowboys are acquiring depth on the defensive line, offensive line and wide receiver, teams start calling about potential trades, and Jones said he got a call the other day from a team wanting to trade a safety for a starting-quality guard"

Credit where credit is due for that.

Now we just have to figure out exactly what is meant by "starting quality guard"?

Does that include Looney or Su'a Filo? If so, I'd consider it. Does Collins factor in as a "starting quality guard" or does that distinction take him out of the conversation?

and is the S starting quality in return :)

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
This is how I feel about Broaddus. Just report the info, do not try to scout the player.

Exactly. He has proven his metal as a scout and the metal was soft. Just the facts man, just the facts. None of this.... "has a quick first step and burst", followed by "can get pushed past the play"... OK, interpretation he ain't that strong or he's fleet and weak:muttley:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and is the S starting quality in return :)

I can't help but to think that by "teams" they mean "Raiders" and by "safety" they mean Karl Joseph. Too much recent talk on that not to be the case. They drafted on in the first round and signed another to a big money deal. And then they ejected not to pick up Joseph's 5th year option. And they have a huge hole at their left guard position. Too many things lining up there.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I can't help but to think that by "teams" they mean "Raiders" and by "safety" they mean Karl Joseph. Too much recent talk on that not to be the case. They drafted on in the first round and signed another to a big money deal. And then they ejected not to pick up Joseph's 5th year option. And they have a huge hole at their left guard position. Too many things lining up there.

Hope you're right Stasher. hmmm left guard = Su'a…. whoooo aaaaah

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are the trade inquiries because of the perception from other teams of the Cowboys' Safety lineup or because they covet their backup OL?

He must use this forum as one of his research because sometimes he could address some of us by our moniker. He came close to doing that on the old DC.com in response to a thread I'd started. He'd be much better if he stuck to this type of reporting because that was some real news on those injuries and he didn't play the "you kidding me" card or play the "shame on you fans" card.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Are the trade inquiries because of the perception from other teams of the Cowboys' Safety lineup or because they covet their backup OL?

He must use this forum as one of his research because sometimes he could address some of us by our moniker. He came close to doing that on the old DC.com in response to a thread I'd started. He'd be much better if he stuck to this type of reporting because that was some real news on those injuries and he didn't play the "you kidding me" card or play the "shame on you fans" card.

he ain't the only one who says "shame on you fans" coachie. We just don't say it "that" way:muttley: