News: Mickey: How about drafting the best defensive dude

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spagnola-how-about-drafting-best-defensive-dude

Mickey's latest, on drafting the BPA on defense and not gearing it toward a CB.
Makes some good points on 3 different LB's. And that depth in the 1st 2 rounds at CB & LB gives the Cowboys some options.

However I think they could trade down from 10 an still grab one of the 3 LB's, as well as CB's.

Nothing rah rah here for you haters to whine about, just some good info.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spagnola-how-about-drafting-best-defensive-dude

Makes some good points on 3 different LB's. And that depth in the 1st 2 rounds at CB & LB gives the Cowboys some options.

However I think they could trade down from 10 an still grab one of the 3 LB's, as well as CB's.

I'd be good with trading down....we need defense and getting to for the price of one would be great.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Pasrons to me is the only real D changing player in this draft

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Ahhhh Mickey, he's been banished from most of the podcasts, which is a really good thing.

Now he's part of the tour package to "talk X's and O's with Mickey Spagnolia" as if there are human beings that exist that think Mickey Spagnolia can speak elaborately about football strategies?

Can't wait til he's no longer associated with this organization. Awful at his job and an even worse human being.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ahhhh Mickey, he's been banished from most of the podcasts, which is a really good thing.

Now he's part of the tour package to "talk X's and O's with Mickey Spagnolia" as if there are human beings that exist that think Mickey Spagnolia can speak elaborately about football strategies?

Can't wait til he's no longer associated with this organization. Awful at his job and an even worse human being.

I second that. I will neither read nor listen to anything he’s associated with. It will be a great day when he’s finally gone.

Silly

Reaction score
I agree. As long as you're not giving up one outstanding player for two good one's. But if there was any draft where trading down looks look, it's this one.

I don't know. The team needs good soldiers. There is not enough cap money to have superstars at every position. I'd take the two good!

Rayman70

Reaction score
mick wants parsons at 10. I am starting to warm to the idea. Something about Surtain seems like snake oil..not that he isnt a good player, but I dont see him as an alpha dog that we need on d that can emotionally lift this unit on his back and elevate them. He seems more like a Byron Jones clone. To me, haven't we seen this before? I feel like Carolina might take Parsons.For me, if we want an alpha dog impact player at 10, we better roll the dice on Parsons or Horn. Pitts will be long gone. OR we could take horn at 10 then come back for Nick Bolton at 44. Both would fill glaring needs immediately and see heavy playing time week 1. Nick has has alpha dog in him too. A tackling machine and leader.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We might also wanna take a flier on Divine Deablo later as well because he can be a hybrid safety and linebacker for us. He makes plays. I see some Kam Chancellor with him and DQ can use him like a rover back, move him around.

Rayman70

Reaction score

Mick is the get off my lawn cranky old guy type. He refuses to have an open mind and he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. He may have a point on Parsons, but other than that, I am glad he isnt on the draft show podcats. He really doesnt know what hes talkin about. Rarely is he correct. Hes gonna side with Jerry every time to keep his gig. I hate guys like that. Thats why I love Broaddus..he doesnt care..he tells it the way it is.

kskboys

Reaction score

I don't know anything about his personal life. What's the bad?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I like Parsons, but he’s not as good as a lot of people think he is.

Surtain is the safer prospect. And just as talented.
Hope your right. He feels like a Byron Jones clone...Can he get turnovers? Can he lead men? Can he elevate the team? Time will tell.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Mickey is still a butt kissing jackwagon. If Jerry picks another TE, knowing full well how much help they need on the defensive side, Mick will still be the first in line slobbering all over Jerry and telling everyone what a great pick it was.

Rayman70

Reaction score
And nobody knows if he can cover down field so that automatically has me saying no thanks.

The things he stands out for are the same things that Jaylon Smith is actually good at.
thats not his game. His game is around the line of scrimmage and coming off the edge when he needs to. He's a faster Nick Bolton. Not a ton of difference between them except Parsons has experience coming off the edge as an end at times.