Mike Bascik Spills Some Tea on Dak Situation

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Lol at the people who think Bascik is "trying to make a name for himself."

The guy played professional sports for years. He's not some scumbag beat writer fresh out of journalism school.
Bascik is a spin cycle instructor who's been shuffled off to the third team on the Fan after being fired once in the radio biz already.
Pretending he is some radio wiz is hilarious.
He has put his name on this and now owns it.
You chose to champion it and now are attaching your own credibility to his which is dumb because he he has something to potentially gain.

As the reports told us he is already out of his boot and walking around and doing weight bearing exercises.
Then you have photographic evidence of him being out of this boot in this very thread.

I've lived in Duncanville, I always kinda liked Bascik but his radio stuff has been really soft outside early Mavs takes.
This is out and out buffoonery OR he has legit one upped the entire universe and deserves flowers.
I'll let people lay their bets where they may.

Dre11

Reaction score
Ya I have a hard time with shan and RJ but I struggle though them. I like the Gbag nation but ya Basik isnt exactly reliable
I don't listen to GBag although now that they have Broaddus, I'm sure it's more informative.
By the time they come on I'm listening to the Cowboys shows like Talking Cowboys or hangin with the boys

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Thats the one we need to put on him. See what his market is. And match it. The problem is. Some team will give him 40 million plus. If anyone thinks he wont get that on the open market they are delusional

Delusional is thinking a team will pay $40M for a player who can’t pass a physical. Until he can pass a physical, no one is offering anything unless it is Jerry being loyal to a fault.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don't listen to GBag although now that they have Broaddus, I'm sure it's more informative.
By the time they come on I'm listening to the Cowboys shows like Talking Cowboys or hangin with the boys
He got demoted off GBag to Masterpiece.
That's how its going for him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I told you just the opposite.
None of us know what is going on with Dak’s injury.

We have so little information which in itself should be alarming. We are over 4 months and have seen little of Dak other than him limping around with Zeke and a later video of him on crutches the final game or so. And ‘sources’ threw out some info on a hidden second surgery two months after the 1st surgery and the second surgery info came out two months later.

Radio silence from the Cowboys on the second surgery. No reporters asked Jerry about that? Strange.
I was kidding about who told me, I actually read that from CBSSports.

The fact the 2nd surgery was kept quiet automatically arouses interest as to why it was kept quiet is speculation and media speculation might be exactly why it was kept quiet. I imagine Prescott gets pretty tired of being page 1 about his contract when there's really nothing going on. They went months last year without any communication but that didn't stop the media...or us.

I cannot recall any athlete's contract negotiation being such a media obsession.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak yesterday.

Looks like he's struggling. Look at the big cast on his foot.

EuCeJISXEAoCgpe
Clearly the are holding him up at this point - It's Weekend at Dak's.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As far as contracts and physical limitations, verbiage in the contract can cover the bases for the team and players being able to physically perform as per the contract are fine as long as the contract gets run by the NFLPA, it will automatically be reviewed by the league office.

starfan1

Reaction score

Ya i think when basick was on Gbag it was in the time slot currently occupied by masterpiece.I wanna say Masterpiece came on after Gbag like at 7 or something

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Ya i think when basick was on Gbag it was in the time slot currently occupied by masterpiece.I wanna say Masterpiece came on after Gbag like at 7 or something
When Ben and Skin left they promoted KC Masterpiece to that slot.

They shuffled off Bascik to be the 3rd man on that show.

starfan1

Reaction score
When Ben and Skin left they promoted KC Masterpiece to that slot.

They shuffled off Bascik to be the 3rd man on that show.
thats right I forgot about Ben and skin. I actually liked them. Didnt they do something to get in trouble or something?

I enjoyed the intro song as well.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
thats right I forgot about Ben and skin. I actually liked them. Didnt they do something to get in trouble or something?
They wanted the most money they could get (and a free hand to mix sports/guy/music talk) and got it from The Eagle.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Delusional is thinking a team will pay $40M for a player who can’t pass a physical. Until he can pass a physical, no one is offering anything unless it is Jerry being loyal to a fault.
I am obviously talking about healthy.