Mike Carey Officiated Games

Reaction score
Why, why, why does it always seem as if this guy finds a way to overturn any 50/50 calls against Dallas.

I cannot stand seeing the "league's best" working our games!!!

Is it just me, or does anyone else see this?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Overturning that fumble by Choice? It was the right call.

It was also the right call on Wittens catch where his 2nd foot did go heal down on the out of bounds marker.

I have no problems w/ him in those 2 calls he overturned.

Wade was STUPID to let Tony talk him into challenging that.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Dallas;2438483 said:

It was also the right call on Wittens catch where his 2nd foot did go heal down on the out of bounds marker.

Blowing the zach thomas play dead was a bad call.

Jake0

Reaction score
Carey is one of the better refs to me, don't have a problem with him.

Reaction score
WhoDat;2438472 said:
More great stuff!

Sorry...guess the fuble return from Thomas and the pass interference over rule wouldn't matter against teams better than San Fran...

You are correct. I should just not submit anything.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438432 said:
Why, why, why does it always seem as if this guy finds a way to overturn any 50/50 calls against Dallas.

I hate when fans blame the refs. Stop whining about things not going right for Dallas. Good teams find a way to overcome it. We won today by double digits...who cares if the officials may have made a mistake. It's a non-issue.

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2438504 said:
I hate when fans blame the refs. Stop whining about things not going right for Dallas. Good teams find a way to overcome it. We won today by double digits...who cares if the officials may have made a mistake. It's a non-issue.

Agreed...it can never have an outcome on a game. San diego can back that up.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2438485 said:
Blowing the zach thomas play dead was a bad call.

I agree. That couldn't be challenged however, because of the whistle.

WHICH I never heard a whistle and the refs were just standing around not doing anything AFTER ZT was in the endzone.

Then all of the sudden - oh yeah I blew my whistle. :rolleyes:

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438509 said:
Agreed...it can never have an outcome on a game. San diego can back that up.

Did I ever say that it has never affected the outcome of a game? No.

We won today by double digits. If there would have been bad calls that drastically altered the outcome, then I'd be fine with criticizing the officiating.

But to white about bad officiating after this win is just ridiculous.

Eskimo

Reaction score
On the Thomas play, two Dallas players jumped on him and so he blew it dead - I honestly think that was the right decision under those circumstances as it looked like Thomas had "given himself up".

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Eskimo;2438521 said:
On the Thomas play, two Dallas players jumped on him and so he blew it dead - I honestly think that was the right decision under those circumstances as it looked like Thomas had "given himself up".

We can agree to disagree. Troy and Joe Buck both said it was a TD and Troy knows everything. :p:

So yeah.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Dallas;2438527 said:
We can agree to disagree. Troy and Joe Buck both said it was a TD and Troy knows everything. :p:

So yeah.

If the whistle hadn't blown, it was a TD.

When the guy is on the ground and his own players jump on him it is a jugment call for the official to decide if the play is dead at that point.

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2438516 said:
Did I ever say that it has never affected the outcome of a game? No.

We won today by double digits. If there would have been bad calls that drastically altered the outcome, then I'd be fine with criticizing the officiating.

But to white about bad officiating after this win is just ridiculous.

My comments are based on about four years of watching games he seems to work with us...not just today.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Eskimo;2438540 said:
If the whistle hadn't blown, it was a TD.

When the guy is on the ground and his own players jump on him it is a jugment call for the official to decide if the play is dead at that point.

But - but...my whole point was that there never was a whistle. Did you hear a whistle?

Does anyone have this play on video w/ sound so we can be certain.

theeeeebbzzzzzz

Eskimo

Reaction score
Dallas;2438550 said:
But - but...my whole point was that there never was a whistle. Did you hear a whistle?

Does anyone have this play on video w/ sound so we can be certain.

theeeeebbzzzzzz

I can't say that I heard a whistle - but they claim they blew the whistle. Not sure. If they hadn't blown the whistle, it would have been reviewable and would have been a TD.

Reaction score
Eskimo;2438554 said:
I can't say that I heard a whistle - but they claim they blew the whistle. Not sure. If they hadn't blown the whistle, it would have been reviewable and would have been a TD.

I think the linesman can be seen blowing the whistle and signaling the play is dead.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Dallas;2438483 said:

:hammer:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438432 said:

He's awful and it seems like whenever he does our games, we end up on the short end of the stick...tons of ticky tack stuff called on us, and almost nothing on the other team. I know him and his crew did the GB game earlier in the yr and that one wasnt bad, but this goes back several seasons.

Today was no exception. The Niners should have been flagged for a number of holding calls and a chop block. They also missed two easy block in the back calls on kickoff returns.