Video: Mike Greenberg: “Sam Darnold is better than Dak Prescott.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
While Sam has work to do....why would this even be controversial from a talent perspective? Darnold was a higher number 1 pick.

Dak was available in the 4th for a reason. He has limited arm talent and he processes information slowly.
By that logic, why would it be controversial from a talent perspective to say Baker Mayfield is better than Tom Brady?
Mayfield was a 1st round pick while Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Do you not understand players continue to get better after they in the NFL?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mike Greenberg is an idiot, and anyone that agrees with this particular take follows in suit. At this point, how could you make that comparison? The Jets play hard, even in losing. Dallas always plays equivalent to a wet piece of bread, win or lose. Darnold, plays for a team. Dak, is hanging out with a group of guys. Dak gets on my nerves as much as the next guy, but I refuse to be a lemming.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I think this is only a discussion because of the outcome of yesterday's game. It doesn't matter whether Sam Darnold is better than Dak Prescott when looking at yesterday's match up.

Sam Darnold would not have beaten the Jets if his kicker missed a field goal, his coach turned down a field goal, and he had a touchdown called back, and was operating under extreme duress. That was the difference in the game.

I do not offer this as a Dak excuse it's just not a case of he can beat you with his or beat you with yours. Under the same circumstances Sam darnold loses to the Jets.

gmb1

Reaction score
Dak is better looking. Darnold still has a pediatrician.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
While Sam has work to do....why would this even be controversial from a talent perspective? Darnold was a higher number 1 pick.

Dak was available in the 4th for a reason. He has limited arm talent and he processes information slowly.

god this has to be one of the worst post on Cowboys history.

Zman5

Reaction score

So Darnold is better than Romo and Warner? Romo and Warner weren't even drafted. What a dumb post.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Darnold looked sharp. We'll see how he looks against defenses that challenge him more mentally. Like Tony said, styles make fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.