Mike Jenkins...we still got him

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
This makes me feel a lot better after passing on Mendenhall.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Grrr....

If we wanted Jenkins and Jones, then take Jenkins at #22 and Jones at #28!

Or wait until #28 and take Jenkins!

No reason to be trading up to #25 if those are your players you want.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
I glad we got Jenkins, but I doubt we had to give up anything to do it. Jenkins at 22, and Felix at 28...and we keep our picks.

xplozno8

Reaction score
At the end of the day we should be happy that we filled our two crucial needs at CB and RB in the 1st round and have a good opportunity to fill our 3rd need at WR in the 2nd round with a lot of the better WRS in the draft falling fast.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
SD got a corner, you never know what could of happened..just happy we're filling those empty spots

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
I don't think Felix would have not been there at 28 I think that Felix is actually better than reshard because of his speed and I think Reshard was a one year wonder type player. Jenkins is an awesome pick I thought he was going to anywhere from pick 10 to 20. :bow::star::starspin:starspin:)

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I'm cool with Jenkins (though I am a little concerned about his attitude)....Jones is mediocre and a waste of a pick.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
I would rather have had Mendenhall but, hey, Mendenhall and Chris Johnson went 1 - 2 right after we took Felix so odds are bad that Jones would have been picked after Johnson anyway.

As for trading up for Jenkins, you see SD took Cason. The only question I have is WHAT WE GAVE UP TO MOVE UP.

Anyone have the trade details?

ethiostar

Reaction score
Shotgun Dave;2054247 said:
I would rather have had Mendenhall but, hey, Mendenhall and Chris Johnson went 1 - 2 right after we took Felix so odds are bad that Jones would have been picked after Johnson anyway.

As for trading up for Jenkins, you see SD took Cason. The only question I have is WHAT WE GAVE UP TO MOVE UP.

Anyone have the trade details?

A 5th and a 7th this year, if i'm not mistaken.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
cobra;2054237 said:
Grrr....

If we wanted Jenkins and Jones, then take Jenkins at #22 and Jones at #28!

Or wait until #28 and take Jenkins!

No reason to be trading up to #25 if those are your players you want.
houston would have taken jenkins at 26.Houston very well may have taken Jenkins at 18,if they hadn't traded out with baltimore.

superpunk

Reaction score
xplozno8;2054240 said:
At the end of the day we should be happy that we filled our two crucial needs at CB and RB in the 1st round and have a good opportunity to fill our 3rd need at WR in the 2nd round with a lot of the better WRS in the draft falling fast.

I agree.

We all saw the run on RBs. Felix wouldn't have been there.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
ethiostar;2054249 said:
A 5th and a 7th this year, if i'm not mistaken.

Meh. I can see a fifth but a fifth and a seventh seems a bit high to go up 3 spots in the bottom of the first.

Still, to get the guy we wanted - I suppose that's OK. Odds are that a 7th round pick wouldn't make the team anyway.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Yea, a pothead loser with questionable work ethic who was abused by every quality WR he faced.

Talk about pissing away two draft picks.

wileedog

Reaction score
superpunk;2054252 said:
I agree.

We all saw the run on RBs. Felix wouldn't have been there.

Chris Johnson went immediately after to Tenn. They would have taken Felix first if he were there, no question.

TEUFELI

Reaction score
Felix is not half the back rashard is.. F Jerry, hope the cowboys new stadium burns down!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Would rather have had Cason or Flowers. Not a terrible pick, though.